Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Werewolf: Pogglesworth - GAME THREAD!

WDC, what about the thought that DMK protected Shortline? Just sorta throwing it out there. I really thought that shortline was a villager. I still feel that he is, but am a little more doubtful after yesterday. I just don't like the idea of "we should lynch him because if he was the doctor, the wolves would have killed him"
Old 12-30-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think luckay is a villager, but it may not be a bad idea just to kill him so we don't have to put up with his [censored] anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a really lame reason to vote someone (also wolfy).

At least the people voting him for meta-game reasons (myself included!) have some theory behind it.

I think he definitely can do this as a wolf, for what it is worth. Typical third level [censored] and all that. The people going "if anyone other than him did it they would have to die" is just euuuuugh too -- that's the type of thinking he would expect if he's a wolf.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:28 PM

I am not voting Luckay because if he was a wolf I think he would see that what he did was a terrible play. He just isn't that dumb. When I mentioned the idea I knew it couldn't do any harm and I hoped the wolves would reveal themselves, but I thought there was only a slim chance.

What would have happened if KM was one of the three martyrs? He is screwed there as well. It just makes so much more sense to do as a villager. I will admit that it was only chance that it wasn't me who made the same claim adds to my sympathy.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WDC, what about the thought that DMK protected Shortline? Just sorta throwing it out there. I really thought that shortline was a villager. I still feel that he is, but am a little more doubtful after yesterday. I just don't like the idea of "we should lynch him because if he was the doctor, the wolves would have killed him"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if theres a "real" doctor out there, he should DEFINITELY step forward BEFORE we lynch Shortline. The failure of someone to step forward as we close in on night would mean the less likely Shorty is lying about his role.

IMO the value of a doctor to us is no doubt something id trade for one guaranteed wolf and one cleared villager. Especially while our seers are still alive.

Of course another wolf could step forward and claim doctor as well but I think that would hurt them more than it helps them.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that there is anything we can do about it today, but Shorty is a wolf. If he was a doctor he would have died last night. There is no way the wolves pass up Shorty and their chance to kill off a power role.

I would be comfortable lynching him now and I do not intend to wait three or four days until the other doctor comes out to lynch him.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you trying really hard to post stuff that I disagree with this game?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not that there is anything we can do about it today, but Shorty is a wolf. If he was a doctor he would have died last night. There is no way the wolves pass up Shorty and their chance to kill off a power role.

I would be comfortable lynching him now and I do not intend to wait three or four days until the other doctor comes out to lynch him.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you trying really hard to post stuff that I disagree with this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

'Tis my mission in life.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:39 PM

Dammit, what do I say when books & soah are disagreeing with each other?

Quick, somebody find me a third viewpoint.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:43 PM

Fishmonger,

1. Any new insight you can give us?

2. What role are you/GT1T?

3. Do you agree with GT1Ts posts? How about his reads? Which ones do you disagree with?
Old 12-30-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fishmonger,

1. Any new insight you can give us?

2. What role are you/GT1T?

3. Do you agree with GT1Ts posts? How about his reads? Which ones do you disagree with?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Not really. I think we're on autopilot until we clear up the Luckay and Shortline situations. I do think most are overlooking the alternative explanations for the lack of wolf kills (SK/KM hits).
2. Villager
3. Hard to say, and I don't really think it matters. I don't have any strong wolf leads, though there are a few (you, Zurvan) who I would be very surprised if you were wolves.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not voting Luckay because if he was a wolf I think he would see that what he did was a terrible play. He just isn't that dumb. When I mentioned the idea I knew it couldn't do any harm and I hoped the wolves would reveal themselves, but I thought there was only a slim chance.

What would have happened if KM was one of the three martyrs? He is screwed there as well. It just makes so much more sense to do as a villager. I will admit that it was only chance that it wasn't me who made the same claim adds to my sympathy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I give up. Maybe I'm too dumb for this game but what exactly is it that makes this play by luckay any good?
I honestly don't get it. I don't see it as something positive no matter if he is a wolf or a villager.