Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD)

Meh. I like KM's list. KM, Me, Fishmonger I think are good candidtates for the bag bag holder.

We have time to work this out. I like Tokyo next, then cancer merchant if we get down to one family that can kill. With the cop gone, the prostitute can only hurt the mafia at night, and he/she has pick someone every night.

btw, prostitute, picking likely sorprano kills would be in the village and corleone interests, since you are outgunned two to one. I cant see any reason to lynch the corleone prostitute even if they came out. Corleones, think that over some. Of course someone could false ho, that would be funny. (man, xorbie in this game would have been interesting).

CM has to go if we ever get down to one night kill or he will destroy us in the end game regardless of his role.

I'll go ahead and vote tokyo now based on 11's post. I think GT1T is relatively clean, not give the bag to clean, but not lynch bait either.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:08 AM

Ok guys, bere with me here, I am not a writer, I'm a math ed major, but I think I may have figured some things out. My much edited list:
Kyro's Mom
Mdorand
Tokyo
The Bram

Kyro's Mom - First off, if you notice at 11:51Am on Saturday, she mentioned her suspicions on everyone. Then at the end, names everyone except herself, fnord, and fish. Also, when we were voting Hornacek, she stated how we should speed lynch Pudley as soon as the next day came around. While it was obvious we were going to lynch Pudley, I don't believe it to ever be a good idea to speed lynch someone, so this raised my suspicion. I then went back and looked at everyone's past votes. I noticed that besides the obvious Hornacek and Pudley votes, Kyro's mom only voted fnord and Arnie, which to me says she wasn't listening to what other people had to say, and really didn't need to because she already knows about her mafia.

Mdorand - In the same post of Kyro's mom I mentioned above, she lists her reasons about Mdorand, which I agree with. I think Kyro's Mom suspected, and after reviewing the thread am agreeing with, Mdorand of being from the other mafia family.

Tokyo - The weakest of my suspicions. The thing that is bothering me, is that besides fnord coming out, he has only voted once per round, and seems to be just present enought not to be noticed as gone, but also not stirring up too much conversation.

TheBram - I believe Kyro's Mom and TheBram are in the same family. I can't really pinpoint what it is about him, but his voting, posts, and Kyro's Mom's reasoning for clearing him are fishy to me.

For right now, I am going to stay with my Cancer vote just because he is too much of a liability for the end game. I also believe there is a chance he could be mafia, and seeing on how wrong all of my suspect lists have been, it is likely mine right now are way off. But for right now, that is what I'm thinking.

As a side note, I don't like the idea of clearing fish's name for the sole reason of Zurvan's mix up. I don't think he is mafia, but just by the way he has played and not on the possible slip up.

I would really like some replys to this post, mostly as to why people disagree. People only agreeing with me and not giving more reasons is not going to help us win.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:49 AM

Just a side note, that I most likely won't be around at all tomorrow. I have three graduation parties tomorrow, and all are serving alcohol. I will check back in on Monday.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:59 AM

Unofficial Vote Count (as far as I can see)

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>1 Cancer Merchant
DMBFan
fishmonger
fnord_too (tokyo)
GetThere1Time (kbar)
1 kbar13
1 Kyro'sMom
MDoranD (CM)
pistolero (tokyo)
ScottHoward (KM)
thebram
2 tokyo!!</pre><hr />
Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 AM

I'm not sure I like my tokyo vote anymore. I realized after rereading DMB's post-11s wrap-up, that 11s implicates tokyo the same day his analysis looks to clear GT1T - but that was after only his first look. He couldn't have seen both in one night and I think GT1T is a much more likely investigation target. If DMB has some more insight into why tokyo is his new favorite suspect, I'd love to hear it.

Since we don't know who 11s viewed, we can't take either GT1T's innocence and tokyo's guilt together as very reliable. If we find one as false, the other is more likely to be true (though I don't believe the converse holds up).

I will go back and read through tokyo's posts tomorrow, but in the meantime am going to retract my vote and place it on kbar, my 2nd suspect, until I feel better about where to put tokyo on my list.

Vote kbar
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 AM

Unofficial Vote Count (updated)

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>1 Cancer Merchant
DMBFan
fishmonger
fnord_too (tokyo)
GetThere1Time (kbar)
2 kbar13
1 Kyro'sMom
MDoranD (CM)
pistolero (kbar)
ScottHoward (KM)
thebram
1 tokyo!!</pre><hr />
Old 06-04-2006, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on my anti-reads, I have to take a closer look at pistolero. He seems like a bitter villager, and agitating for my lynching doesn't make sense from a mafia standpoint. Since consensus is that I am a negative to the village, the mafia may as well keep me around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not agitating for your lynching at all. In fact, I think there are better suspects at this point. Your comment about how the mafia should keep you around is extremely wolfy though, and has kicked you up my list a notch.

In regards to your highlighted statement, it's just not true while there are two active mafia families at work. Nobody in the game knows who is a villager for sure (exception: Corleone, whose hooker has blocked kills by both Sopranos - very low probability), so there is no "mafia" group who knows who is villager and who's not. Let's face it, your behavior is wolfy - unhelpful players are much more likely to be mafia. So whether your a villager or not, you're a night target for one or both families gunning for each other.

If you really want to be kept around, I'd suggest dropping the laissez-faire playing style and becoming more involved. If you really don't want to be kept around, talk to Zurvan about a replacement.

[ QUOTE ]
Areinitz claims that this is my wolf game My wolf game is as subtle as a garlic sandwich, as the turbo crowd can attest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can attest to this and it's why I'm not as hot to vote you out yet as some others. However, I do believe that it's possible to adapt and the best defense against saying something dumb and wolfy and getting yourself lynched is to not say anything at all.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:43 AM

Current Vote Count:

[ 1 ] Cancer Merchant votes
[ 0 ] DMBFan votes
[ 0 ] fishmonger votes
[ 0 ] fnord votes tokyo
[ 0 ] GetThere1Time votes kbar
[ 2 ] kbar votes
[ 1 ] KyrosMom votes
[ 0 ] MDoranD votes Cancer Merchant
[ 0 ] pistolero votes kbar
[ 1 ] ScottHoward votes kyrosmom
[ 0 ] thebram votes
[ 1 ] tokyo votes ScottHoward
Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 AM

I'm not as inclined as you all are to accept that 11s has 'cleared' GT1T. He said he didn't want to vote for him right now, but that he wasn't sure, and would be willing to vote for him later.

Now to me, that looks like 11s leaving us a clue in case he dies to say it's just a hunch, not something he has confirmed. Our best hope is to elminate the last Corleone. I still think it's him. Vote GT1T .
Old 06-04-2006, 11:12 AM

Just so everyone knows now - I will be gone Monday. I have to take kyroette to Boston. Hopefully I will be back by in the afternoon sometime - but I have no idea how long it will take.

kbar has only moved higher on my list after yesterday.

I am also beginning to think Cancer may be more than just a "bored" villager - but I may just be pissed at his play and looking for reasons to lynch him. I noticed on Friday that Tokyo, GetThere, and I complained about him (about 4:30ish). And then he pops in with a vote for Areinitz. It's almost like he was acutally sitting there reading the thread, but intentionally not posting. His post yesterday was completely bizarre, which didn't settle well with me either. I agree with Pistol that he may be working on his "wolf" game by just saying less and less.

Fish - I wish you would talk more. I agree with you completely on GetThere - I do not believe he is officially "cleared" and I don't like the way he said "Elevens had cleared me. Thank God" - but I do think there are much better votes today.

Pistol has dropped down on my list a lot. He sounded very villagery to me yesterday.

I think I need to vote before I leave Monday, so I will be voting this afternoon for either Scott or Kbar.