Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question on table selection. I think it could have its own thread, but it seems like this is the place for it. Here we go.

When looking at table selection, what are some of the factors that people look for?

I play 25nl, after just moving up from 10nl. I have this huge list of 3 people that I have found to be good over the 15k hands or so that I have once I decided to get back into poker. I try not to play with them, even though I have only seen them a few times. When I look at tables to play, most of the time I just try to find a table where more than one person has over a full buyin, and try to sit on their left.

Does anyone else think that this is the way to go? In another thread in unl, I read that many folks want to find a table with a bunch of short stacks, and let them donk it off to them and reload. I see the merit of this, and am wondering if anyone has even thought about which line might be better.

Then again, I think that if you are a winning player, almost every unl table is profitable. Does this change at 50nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting here and not making a thread.

The best advice I can give you is to datamine. If you dont have the tools, it is definately worth the investment.

Other than that, things to look for:

Large avg pot
and
Full stacks
players seeing the flop isn't as important imo.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM

I dont know where else to post this....

I'm looking to get $100 on pokerstars. I have full tilt money to give. I will transfer first. If anyone can help, pm me. Preferably someone with 500+ posts.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question on table selection. I think it could have its own thread, but it seems like this is the place for it. Here we go.

When looking at table selection, what are some of the factors that people look for?

I play 25nl, after just moving up from 10nl. I have this huge list of 3 people that I have found to be good over the 15k hands or so that I have once I decided to get back into poker. I try not to play with them, even though I have only seen them a few times. When I look at tables to play, most of the time I just try to find a table where more than one person has over a full buyin, and try to sit on their left.

Does anyone else think that this is the way to go? In another thread in unl, I read that many folks want to find a table with a bunch of short stacks, and let them donk it off to them and reload. I see the merit of this, and am wondering if anyone has even thought about which line might be better.

Then again, I think that if you are a winning player, almost every unl table is profitable. Does this change at 50nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fiksdal made a post a few months ago that completely changed the kind of table that I find myself at. Basically, you don't find a good table to sit down at. Instead you sit at an empty table and wait for the fish to come to you. I tried this just as a test the day he posted it and have spent almost my entire time since then at tables with at least 3 players with VPIP in the mid 30s or higher and who go to showdown over 30% of the time. The basic strength of the system is that fish don't table select and just try to find an open seat. I'm having trouble finding the original thread otherwise I would post a link. Try it, it works.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If my turn aggro factor is too low which of these is the most likely explanation? A combination of all of them in about equal measure?

1. Not being aggro enough preflop (i.e. not raising/3b enough) meaning I don't have the lead/initiative post and am thus this less likely to be the one betting/raising
2. Not value betting enough when I think I have the best hand
3. Not value raising enough when I think I have the best hand
4. Checking through for "pot control" too much
5. Not bluff betting/raising with position enough in obvious spots (for example, raising lame steal attempts when flop is chk'd through)
6. Not semi-bluff shoving or s-bluff c/rai enough with big draws (FD + pair etc.)
7. Not double barrelling enough

Fwiw, I think #2 must be a major reason, #7 not so much. Any other reasons? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

2, 3, 4 and even 7 are basically the same, although I rarely value-raise on the turn, tbh.

1: if you 3bet more preflop, many of your turn bets will have to be pushes or very big bets. I don't know if you should turn that up when you start being more agressive preflop with lighter holdings.

5: If you think your hand has showdown value although you have missed, you should just flat call, obv.

6: I almost never do this and I don't know if you need to have the big semi-bluffs in your arsenal on uNL. I hate variance. So...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM

everyday i want to play poker and when i load up some tables im like bleh

guess im burned out or something =/
Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM

100th page of the brew!!! woot woot!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM

99 posts/page ftw
Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100th page of the brew!!! woot woot!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol fix your settings forumnewb! yeah, i spend my poohbah post on this!

100 posts/page ftw
Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 PM

lol excellent poohbahhhh post, if i do more than 10 and it has images it gets annoyingly long to load
Old 10-08-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've played a bit 10nl 6 max instead of full ring in the last couple of days and have one question: is anyone able to beat this level? the plays i see are ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how inconsistent this argument is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know they're supposed go broke by coldcalling ridiculous amounts with t2o but it appears to work for them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

maybe 80/10 is the new 30/23?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell jerry1914 or whatever his name is.

[/ QUOTE ]lmfao... did that thread get locked yet???
Closed Thread