Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

Sorry to upset you so much.

You have to understand, it isnt that I dont WANT to help you and others. If I could, I would have a long time ago. I simply do not know the workings of the program nearly as well as Ben does.

Stars has encouraged us not to support their site. We had a long back and forth with them about it, and even tried to convince them to allow a client-side scanner version for Stars, and were denied. We would have loved to add Stars to our list of sites, but we are more concerned with being accepted at the sites we support.

My job is to solve whatever problems I can, and forward the ones I cant handle to Ben. When the lead programmer and creator of the program is gone for 3 weeks, a program is going to suffer. This is to be expected. I am sorry that your problem still isnt resolved, and I will bring it to his attention again.

I'm not trying to get myself out of all of the blame. I definitely could have devoted more time to tech support. But in situations like this, and many others - I really cant be of much help.

So once again, I'm sorry, I'm bringing it to Ben's attention again, and I hope we can get this fixed. :\

-Dan
Old 10-13-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like this thing is WAY to dependant on Ben.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a poker player. He is the programmer. Pretty easy to deduce which of us is smarter and more knowledgable about the program [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Is cryptologic support envisaged?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is at the top of our list of sites at the moment. The next few days will reveal much about the status of most sites, and we'll make our final decision then.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you guys decided what you will do about US players? Right now, I play exclusively on Party, and after they close us off, if I decide to continue playing, it will be at Stars, which would render my subscription useless.

[/ QUOTE ]
We will make that decision over the next week. Neither Ben or myself want to come up with a definite answer before the dust settles and we have a clearer idea of what will be happening in the poker world after the new legislation.

-Dan
Old 10-13-2006, 11:03 AM

disappointing to see that a product that some players paid $350 for is not be supported adequately.

You guys need to add more sites like Prima,Tribeca,ONGame,UB if you cant do Stars..if not you are going to have to address the fact that many players will want some sort of refund.

The deveopment of the the software has to evolve along with the general poker environmentnot stay static..if Party is locked down you guys need to add other rooms.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:08 PM

dude can you get ben or whoever handles the money to turn my account on please? its been three day's and i haven't heard anything from you guys since thursday.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to understand, it isnt that I dont WANT to help you and others. If I could, I would have a long time ago...
When the lead programmer and creator of the program is gone for 3 weeks, a program is going to suffer. This is to be expected...

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that this should be "expected," that a program as spendy as this one is, (like a GRAND or more for 3 years,) should remain unsupported for week after week after week, so the one and only person who can do squat to support it can vacation across the world incommunicado.

like i said before, im not trying to be mean, but grow up guys.

when you have a business like this, and are charging like you are, A CERTAIN DEGREE OF PROFESSIONALISM is not unreasonable to expect.

poker tracker pat took a WEEK off earlier this year.

he announced his plans well in advance.

and even then, he still checked in during that time to check to see if there were any problems that should be addressed before the week was up.

there just seems to be a different mindset going on at sixth sense, one that thinks that no support for weeks, for a very expensive piece of software, is "to be expected."

great to be young, i guess.

and i second goodguy's post.

there has to be support for sites that he enumerated in order for this program to maintain even close to its old value for those of us no longer able to play at party.

and if ben could kindly get steered our way by you again, (not sure why he needs to be steered, but...) then i would appreciate that. still havent heard from him since the last cajole.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
disappointing to see that a product that some players paid $350 for is not be supported adequately.

You guys need to add more sites like Prima,Tribeca,ONGame,UB if you cant do Stars..if not you are going to have to address the fact that many players will want some sort of refund.

The deveopment of the the software has to evolve along with the general poker environmentnot stay static..if Party is locked down you guys need to add other rooms.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2006, 06:32 PM

OT, but if I wanted to delete the PTAgg file and recreate it, how would I go about doing that?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OT, but if I wanted to delete the PTAgg file and recreate it, how would I go about doing that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Navigate to the directory Sixth Sense is installed in, most likely -
C:\Program Files\Sixth Sense\

You'll see a file named PTAgg.ini.

Just delete it and your PTAgg will create a new one as soon as you run it.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Navigate to the directory Sixth Sense is installed in, most likely -
C:\Program Files\Sixth Sense\

You'll see a file named PTAgg.ini.

Just delete it and your PTAgg will create a new one as soon as you run it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty
Old 10-13-2006, 09:28 PM

lol incommunicadoments