Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you add to your tip after your co-victor out-tipped you?
Yes 2 4.08%
No 47 95.92%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August**

100 page cause i dont want to change from 10 post/page
Old 08-09-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, this is my forum, I just haven't posted for a while (period).

And it has nothing to do with playing high or low. Play good poker, embrace variance and pwn in the long run.

Instead of whining like a spoiled little kid and calling everybody at the table retard, just because somebody stole your candy.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1 to the ignoring pants list
Old 08-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Gel, one big reason people tend to struggle at NL100 when moving up: play in 3bet pots. The decisions in 3bet pots at the uNL levels are often really easy since ranges are so restricted since villains rarely 3bet. NL100 is the first level that you start seeing a whole lot more 3bet pots, and they are [censored] expensive if you don't know how to play.

Solution, read SSNL threads about 3bet pots, and I'm sure there's something in the sticky as well. Talk to people about their ranges, when to cbet, when to make moves with air, playing deep in 3bet pots (especially scary and equally fun) etc etc. I would love to chat with the uNL move-uppers on the subject.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Oh, and Pants. You've posted 400+ times in under 3 months and I'm gonna guess 90% of those are in BBV or whining in the microbrew.

No one gives a [censored]. Post strat or shut up.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and Pants. You've posted 400+ times in under 3 months and I'm gonna guess 90% of those are in BBV or whining in the microbrew.

No one gives a [censored]. Post strat or shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

so youd rather see a flux of hands that would be replied in the following matter: "take that [censored] to BBV"
Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM

+2
Old 08-09-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gel, one big reason people tend to struggle at NL100 when moving up: play in 3bet pots. The decisions in 3bet pots at the uNL levels are often really easy since ranges are so restricted since villains rarely 3bet. NL100 is the first level that you start seeing a whole lot more 3bet pots, and they are [censored] expensive if you don't know how to play.

Solution, read SSNL threads about 3bet pots, and I'm sure there's something in the sticky as well. Talk to people about their ranges, when to cbet, when to make moves with air, playing deep in 3bet pots (especially scary and equally fun) etc etc. I would love to chat with the uNL move-uppers on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick answer as I am on my way to bed, if you are oop vs a frequent 3bettor, then life can be annoying.

In position on the other hand, at first give them credit, but once their ranges have been established as very light, start calling them and let them have fun playing RRs pots oop ... holla! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 06:17 PM

Yo gel, against said frequent 3bettor, how often are you bluff shoving the flop? Say he's OOP and cbets around 80% of the time in RR pots.

I'm asking because I'm not convinced position is as powerful a weapon in RR pots as it is in regular raised pots or deepstacked.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and gelford, nobody fuckign asked you to come from whatever forum you did

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 PM

I want to post this so others will enjoy my slide to evenness, lol. This latest slide occurred from a jump to NL 10 and a subsequent -42 smackdown. That an I changed a ton of my postflop play but that still doesn't help or hurt when you flop sets on monotone boards and villains flop flushes and call your valuebets.

Graph is since July 1st.

Oh and my new lesson from today, you cannot represent the hand your opponent already has. Very important point.
Closed Thread