Old 03-12-2006, 05:34 PM

Default Re: *** UPDATE ***

Uh, he mentioned that in the post.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phil

For the last 2 1/2 days I've avoided getting in a pissing match with you, but enough is enough.

1) It doesn't really matter why I chose to attempt this transfer in the first place. Whether I'm lazy about depositing, poor at managing my roll, only wanting to play for this one tourney, or whatever - that's all irrelevant. The point is, after Chris agreed to help, we had a gentleman's agreement. He broke it. That doesn't make me bad or stupid. Your attack on me and implied defence of him says alot about your character.

2) This was NOT an honest mistake on his part. We managed to swap 3 or 4 PMs five minutes before the tourney in rapid succession, then as soon as the money chages hands, he is not to be found. He subsequently posted at least 4 times here on 2+2 the following day. Certainly there was an opportunity then to PM me with any snags he encountered. BTW, I checked to see that he had posted before my original post.

3) He could have responded in this thread at any point. He still can. His silence speaks volumes, though his return on the money is very much a step in the right direction. I applaud him for that.

4) It seems that those who complain the loudest about certain posts wasting everyone's time are those same members who feel obligated to respond the most to said posts. It you truly feel that the original is a waste of time, say it once then STFU. I'm sure that no one here will miss your brilliant insight.

5) Finally, you've sat here any made a lot of assumptions about me while all I have done is report the facts of the incident. If Chris does indeed have a viable excuse, let him post it. Hell, if I jumped the gun and smeared his name without cause, then the MODs can ban me. I'd deserve it. However, I'm a calm, rational, level-headed guy and I didn't initiate this without thought. I'm pretty dog-gone sure that I'm right on this one.

You sir, are an all-around ass. And whether you believe it or not, I'd bet there are a lot of people around here who would agree with me. Yes, I just called you a name.

Spade's a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the time you had posted this message the money had already been returned to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you got balls big as church bells to come on here and criticize the guy you ripped off

get lost
Old 03-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Oh I didn't really read it just wanted to let him know the money was back. That is all. Good day.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:48 PM

Hi Noam,

Are you leaving the forums with whatever dignity you can muster or do you want the mods to decide whether or not to ban you?

M.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phil

For the last 2 1/2 days I've avoided getting in a pissing match with you, but enough is enough.

Spade's a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the time you had posted this message the money had already been returned to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He already posted that the money had been returned. In this post, he was following up with some guy who had been telling him that, essentially, he was an idiot for allowing you to take his money.

So, what's your story Noam? Why did you grab this guy's cash for nearly two days, and what caused the change of heart? Or do you want to us to draw the obvious conclusions that this thread points to - 1. because it was there, and 2. because your were caught with all identities exposed.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:05 PM

Default Re: *** Piece \'o Crap Alert: NoamChomsky, U SUCK ***

[ QUOTE ]
The money is nearly meaningless. I'll spend more than that tonight at the clubs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds you ARE young and stupid [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . But that other guy is a dick for sure.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: *** Piece \'o Crap Alert: NoamChomsky, U SUCK ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The money is nearly meaningless. I'll spend more than that tonight at the clubs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds you ARE young and stupid [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . But that other guy is a dick for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not young at all... just trying to act that way!!!

Long Island Teas release the inner me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2006, 06:17 PM

seems to me the two main factors came to light that likely had much, if not everything, to do with his sudden moral turnaround:

-his real name
-his other posting identity

without these he doesn't even consider returning the cash

cheers,
sean
Old 03-12-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Noam,

Are you leaving the forums with whatever dignity you can muster or do you want the mods to decide whether or not to ban you?

M.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, just call it strike three and be done with this guy. Had he shown up and expressed some degree of remorse or offered some explanation, there may have been some room to let him slide. But not now.

I think the more interesting question is what happens to Phil. To my mind, it is almost more egregious to defend the thief than to be the thief. It took Thrill up to page four to call Phil a name - I called him an idiot on page one, but then, I'm an old man and don't have much patience.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Noam,

M.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, just call it strike three and be done with this guy. Had he shown up and expressed some degree of remorse or offered some explanation, there may have been some room to let him slide. But not now.

I think the more interesting question is what happens to Phil. To my mind, it is almost more egregious to defend the thief than to be the thief. It took Thrill up to page four to call Phil a name - I called him an idiot on page one, but then, I'm an old man and don't have much patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noam is deserving of a ban IMO, including on the KathleenStand account if that is in fact his. I started a thread in Forum Suggestions about this as well.

Regarding Phil, he is a persistent troll in all forums he posts in, and is deserving at the very least of a suspension.