Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: B&M Pet Peeves

- "But I want to see what he had - dealer, can you show the hand?"

AGH [censored] OFF already! Yes, it is "technically" your right to ask to see the hand, but the rule exists only to prevent collusion. It doesn't exist so you can get a read on your opponent you [censored] numbskull newb.

-A game that is played in stone cold silence, populated by players that seem to get annoyed when someone tries to chat them up. Come on people, if you can't put up with a little table talk the go home already. Playing at a table like this is the equivalent of single-tabling online with a bunch of idiots who all use dialup internet access.

-Players who leave the table, get given a few "missed blind" buttons, return to play a few hands, and then leave the table again. They are not common but are a HUGE pain in the ass. Leave the [censored] table already and let someone who wants to play into the game.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:50 PM

A dealer would rather sell you $1,000 in black then a $1,000 in red.

I'm one of the tallest people at Foxwoods -- and far from skinny -- and I have no problems walking across the room, even on a busy day like a Saturday, going to the cage, grabbing a rack or two, and walking back across the room to my table.

Ultimately, you keep the game from needing refills if you just buy from the cage. Yeah, it's a "PITA," but everyone should do it.

If you don't want to carry two racks back for the 20 game, just buy a row or two of green and fill the rest of the rack with red -- you'll have more than enough red to operate, especially once you bring in one of those mostly-red pots.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Honest question for the dealer: for the 20 game at FW, if I'm on the hour+ waiting list, I'm not carrying around 2 racks of red. I don't mind buying from the table, but it's a PITA to get 2 racks sometimes. Is it easier for the dealer to sell red for black? Or is it the same as cash?

[/ QUOTE ]
heh, don't buy black for a 20 game, that would be worse.

Personally I feel the best way is-

wait 6 and a half hours(this will be cut down to four hours when we double our room size/triple our volume) for a seat, go to the empty seat, throw your Wampum card, hat, whatever, on the felt, go to the chips with your wad of cash and come back with two racks.

I wouldn't even mind half as bad if US offered $1,000 bills, nothing like having the entire felt covered with $100 bills and having no room to bring out the mountains of chips.

Which brings me to another pet peeve.(this may have been mentioned, even by me)

Moneys less than Fifty dollar bills, and even those aren't my favorite.

I love selling a guy $400 in chips who naturally has only $20 bills so it takes me a good hour to fan the money for surveilance/floor. I had a guy give me a ten, a five and five(wet) one dollar bills. Crinkly, wet, gross money, no thank you, we have a cage.

As a rule of thumb: When you have emptied your wallet of its last five dollar bill, it is time to GO HOME. 1800 GAMBLER
Old 03-12-2006, 03:40 PM

1. Sunglasses at $1/2NL table has to be near the top of the list. Couple that with a baseball cap pulled low so no one can get a clear look at their reflective oakleys.

2. People who try to validate themselves by saying "nice catch" when their top pair gets beat by someone who called their crappy flop and turn bets with bottom pair, then raised on the river when they spike a 2nd pair or set on river.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:05 AM

The other night I had a kid sitting next to me who felt the need to announce what he thought the winner of every single pot had. Somebody takes down a pot on a A85 flop and I hear "had to be ace-jack or ace-ten" or somebody bets and takes down a flop with a two-flush and he chirps "playing that flush draw pretty strong; maybe a straight flush draw; no? must've been top two then or maybe bottom set."

A bunch of limpers to me in the big blind and I raise a decent amount with some sort of suited connector because this play works 95% of the time in 1-2NL and as I'm stacking my chips, he starts bugging me about my hand...

"17 bucks, huh? Had pocket queens I guess"
"No"
"Jacks or tens then"
"No"
"You wouldn't play ace-queen suited that strong, would you?"
"Not even close"
"I don't believe you, I think it was queens"

And when he wasn't doing this, he was bragging to everybody about some brilliant play he made in a higher limit game for a bunch of money and blah blah blah shut up and turn your damn iPod back on.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u wash evey hand?

Your tips must suck

[/ QUOTE ]

In some cardrooms a wash is a standard part of the cycle. Wash, riffle, riffle, strip, riffle, cut, deal. Except when it's wash, riffle, strip, riffle, riffle, cut, deal. I'm sure one is far better than the other, but I haven't figured out which.

[/ QUOTE ]

In our city, the standard shuffle is wash, riffle, box cut, riffle, strip, riffle, riffle, riffle, cut. We have the option of 3-5 riffles before the cut, but most of us do 3 to speed things up. Takes no more than 15 seconds normally.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:26 AM

The person who buys in for the min. amount, say $30 at a 3/6 table, pisses through their stack, rebuys for another $30, pisses through that stack, rebuys for another $30 and so on and so on..why not just get a full rack to start with
Old 03-14-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The person who buys in for the min. amount, say $30 at a 3/6 table, pisses through their stack, rebuys for another $30, pisses through that stack, rebuys for another $30 and so on and so on..why not just get a full rack to start with

[/ QUOTE ]

nits?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The person who buys in for the min. amount, say $1,500 at a 75-150 table, pisses through their stack, rebuys for another $1,500, pisses through that stack, rebuys for another $1,500 and so on and so on..why not just get a full rack to start with

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I had a guy playing 1-2NL sitting in the small blind with a $100 chip and a $1 chip, nothing else, I asked him if he wanted me to break that down, he said no. He called from the $1 and(!) had to use his black chip.

Oooops, you're a retard.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's not on the table, they can't lose it. Some people go into the game thinking they're going to be outdrawn on the river, so they only buy in for enough to see the river after going all in on an earlier street. Softens the blow, I guess. <shrug>