Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Make me or MT2R or anyone a mod for sporting events

This is probably a pointless nit, but Clarkmeister's ignore list wouldn't be transferable to ClarkNasty's account that I know of. Furthermore, last I checked he said he was removing people from it, so I doubt this other account has many, if any people on it.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, Clark's a bigger troll than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there on person that posts in SE that isn't a troll?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf, Clark's a bigger troll than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there on person that posts in SE that isn't a troll?

[/ QUOTE ]
Vyse.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey, is this Clarkmeister as moderator thing new or did I just not notice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its new. A little after originally replying to this thread, I gave it some thought, and I decided it'd be nice to have an active backup on board who would mod in the same pretty much hands off way that I do. Enter ClarkNasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ modding following Mason's hissy fit. Is getting tempbanned like making your bones on 2p2? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Similarly, in Student Life, threads about fake IDs, paying people to do work, and go untouched until people actively notify the mod. It's like he never even opens the forum some times, when a thread title is "$50 to do my assignment!" or something and it just sits there for days despite the title of the sticky being "Do not make threads offering to pay people to do your homework".

I'm not saying that you need to be a high volume poster in order to mod a particular forum, but besides the aforementioned sticky, he hasn't posted in SL since June.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the comments wrt student life. I actually recently posted in the mod forum saying I'd prefer someone else took over, and asking for volunteers. No one stepped up, so I said I'd stay on. Noah, I know you want it, but you just seem like you would go way overboard. That forum should require very very little mod action.

Really, as low volume as student life is it's not as big of a deal if something isn't taken care of immediately, and in reality there are very rare cases in any forum where its that big of a deal whether something takes 1 minute or 2 hours to get taken care of, which is good because expecting any mod to live on the forums to take care of every little hissy fit that gets thrown is a bit extreme.

[ QUOTE ]
and go untouched until people actively notify the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand this complaint in student life because it's very low volume, and thats why I said another mod would be better in there. But in most high traffic forums it is impossible to read every single post, so really this is why there's a notify mod button.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a pointless nit, but Clarkmeister's ignore list wouldn't be transferable to ClarkNasty's account that I know of.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wise
Old 11-01-2007, 06:39 PM

MEb,

I know whatever I say is just going to be taken as me vying for a mod spot or whatever, but my only concerns are that.

1. Bad/Spam/Violating/Reposts are actually worse in Student Life BECAUSE it doesn't have the traffic of some of the other forums. Crap posts in OOT will be off the front page in a matter of hours if left untouched, but that same "natural cleansing" doesn't happen in SL.

2. I agree 100% with your style of modding SL and I agree that unlike OOT, there's probably only one or two posts a week that need to be deleted or locked, so you don't need to watch over it like a hawk. Also, I get that this isn't your job and you're doing your best as an unpaid volunteer, so when you are busy for a day or two, things have to wait.

I understand given my tone and amount of posting that you might think I'd go overboard as a mod. I disagree. It was someone else that brought up the idea of me helping out in SL, and I only agree because if I'm going to read every thread there anyways, might as well be able to delete spam and reposts when I see it.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a pointless nit, but Clarkmeister's ignore list wouldn't be transferable to ClarkNasty's account that I know of.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wise

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean he hasn't manually duplicated it.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM

The only thing I would add to student life is some kind of sticky that says "Shut up and stop posting if your dumbass problem is easily solvable by a simple conversation."

and one that says

"Go talk to your adviser/teacher/whatever, we don't have a god damn clue about your question because it depends on your school."

That would clear up pretty much everything annoying in that forum.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM

But the forum is so low traffic anyway what else would people post there? All the posters who are still in school post their girl/job/car/life etc stuff in OOT/BBV(4L)/EDF/etc.