Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time?

If they are using last weeks game as an example I don't think they ran it up. At the end the score was 41-27 a 14 point difference. If they took a knee and turned the ball over on downs it was still remotely possible for Dallas to score, recover an onside kick and score again.

The last score was a straight dive into the line by their 5th string running back. If Dallas was that concerned about losing by 21 instead of 14, stop the 5th string running back from scoring on a straight ahead play.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've had problems with my Internet from Charter for the past few days...but I have to say, this is one of my favorite posts in my entire history at 2p2.

I'm so in your head that you have to come on here with your little childish jabs. Didn't come back quite so hard when it was Richard Tanner saying they probably wouldn't (oh wait, he only said 98%).

Do I think they would? No. That's because, as far as I can tell, Tony Dungy has WORLDS more class than Bill Belichick.

THAT being said, do I care so much that the Pats are running it up on teams? Not really. Do I think that, if it really is because they're still upset they got caught cheating, that they're being petty and childish? Maybe a little, but not so much that its going to piss me off. They can score 200 on everybody all year if they want...as far as I'm concerned, both the Colts and Pats are undefeated, and that's all I care about at this point.

Keep trying there kyro...when you hit puberty and become an adult, maybe you can get me out of your head. Your childish little jabs really don't bother me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

More class(praise Jesus)...but less rings. I'm sure BB can live with that trade off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that for an instant. I don't think he's the kind of guy who's ever worried about being liked by, well, anybody, and more power to him. Just saying what I see (and obviously I'm not the only one).
Old 10-18-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they are using last weeks game as an example I don't think they ran it up. At the end the score was 41-27 a 14 point difference. If they took a knee and turned the ball over on downs it was still remotely possible for Dallas to score, recover an onside kick and score again.

The last score was a straight dive into the line by their 5th string running back. If Dallas was that concerned about losing by 21 instead of 14, stop the 5th string running back from scoring on a straight ahead play.

[/ QUOTE ]
They could have kicked a FG and still made it a 3-score game. Instead they went for it on 4th-and-1.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 PM

I don't think the running up of the score is a problem, the problem is people being like "shove it up your ass, this is what you get!"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've had problems with my Internet from Charter for the past few days...but I have to say, this is one of my favorite posts in my entire history at 2p2.

I'm so in your head that you have to come on here with your little childish jabs. Didn't come back quite so hard when it was Richard Tanner saying they probably wouldn't (oh wait, he only said 98%).

Do I think they would? No. That's because, as far as I can tell, Tony Dungy has WORLDS more class than Bill Belichick.

THAT being said, do I care so much that the Pats are running it up on teams? Not really. Do I think that, if it really is because they're still upset they got caught cheating, that they're being petty and childish? Maybe a little, but not so much that its going to piss me off. They can score 200 on everybody all year if they want...as far as I'm concerned, both the Colts and Pats are undefeated, and that's all I care about at this point.

Keep trying there kyro...when you hit puberty and become an adult, maybe you can get me out of your head. Your childish little jabs really don't bother me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

More class(praise Jesus)...but less rings. I'm sure BB can live with that trade off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that for an instant. I don't think he's the kind of guy who's ever worried about being liked by, well, anybody, and more power to him. Just saying what I see (and obviously I'm not the only one).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..I just think the whole concept of having a "classy" coach or your coach being a class act is [censored] retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They could have kicked a FG and still made it a 3-score game. Instead they went for it on 4-and-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if they kicked the FG they would have had more haters saying they ran the score up.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They could have kicked a FG and still made it a 3-score game. Instead they went for it on 4th-and-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad stuff can happen when you attempt a fg. Diving into the line isn't nearly as dangerous.

-McGee
Old 10-18-2007, 04:39 PM

Wow. Reading this thread has made me go from disliking the Patriots and their coach to actively hoping that their team plane goes down, preferably into a standing room only Gillette Stadium.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think the whole concept of having a "classy" coach or your coach being a class act is [censored] retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sentence doesn't make any sense. Unless you believe coaches should be fired as soon as they show any sign of class.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
come on, did the pats really run up on the score against the cowboys?? the cowboys called a TO late and the pats i think had 4th and 1 at the goal line, bah imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I think against any team other than the Jets or the Cowboys (and in that case only because of Phillips' pregame comments), they take a knee on the last play. They've done it in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's correct. Regardless of what you think of Peter King, his integrity is fairly credible & he didn't make up Phillips' comments that he later denied.