Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

[ QUOTE ]

Our tournament director reads this forum, so I'll leave it to him to see this. Personally, I doubt it will happen as offering FOUR choices instead of two at the top would cause the Step 6's to go far less often... and based upon the Step 6 events that have run thus far, there doesn't seem to be as much cherry picking as you might think (i.e. there are more ticket winners entering than you'd guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that offering too many choices at the top will put a real hurt on the games filling up, this may have been the problem with Party's lousy WSOP steps never filling last summer. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that once the single table step 6 games open though, the 2-tables will never fill ever, I don't think anyone really loves that idea. I know stars will probably leave them up for the length of the promo, but they're not really going to be diluting anything, noone will use them I think.

I'd be interested to know the numbers of people who bought into tonight's step6 with a ticket rather than cash though, the field definitely looked like it was filled with "cherry pickers" as you put it, although maybe a lot of them got in with tickets they won by buying direct into step 5 or whatever.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

[ QUOTE ]

PSJeff - Thanks for all the info and for listening to our feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM

wutru - in the very least, i like the fact that Stars seems to be keeping a close eye on these things right from the very beginning. Makes me feel slightly more confident that crazy high-stakes collusion might be caught.
And they do seem geuinely interested and perhaps concerned about the cherry-picking aspect.

Not sure if adding single-table Step 6's would increase the likelihood of more high-stakes cherry-pickers entering the fray.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wutru - in the very least, i like the fact that Stars seems to be keeping a close eye on these things right from the very beginning. Makes me feel slightly more confident that crazy high-stakes collusion might be caught.
And they do seem geuinely interested and perhaps concerned about the cherry-picking aspect.

Not sure if adding single-table Step 6's would increase the likelihood of more high-stakes cherry-pickers entering the fray.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think stars is doing everything right so far, these steps are much better setup than party's WSOP steps were imo. I'd rather have a single table step6 like everyone else seems to agree, but sounds like they're gonna do that soon probably. I love Stars, seriously, why can't every site be like them.

As for the cherry picking thing, I would rather not have guys buy in direct, but that's mostly self-interest. I think the steps concept does lose a little something if 90% of the players are just guys who normally play the highest sngs anyway and it just becomes a $2000 SNG that pays W$. If Stars does decide to address this they could eliminate direct buyins as people here have asked, or just say that people who already have a seat can't play or something, so ppl who want to buyin to step6 direct can still do it until they win one. I remember UB used to run satellites for their Aruba event that were restricted to people who hadn't won a seat yet, same sort of idea.

I'm just happy there are more ways to win into PCA, it's a goal of mine, and Stars is awesome for providing a 4th method in addition to the 3 main ones.

I'm not sure what collusion issues there are with this above and beyond the same ones that exist with any high stakes game, but let me put an end to it right here: Hey guys, colluding is NOT COOL. There, that oughta nip it in the bud.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:47 AM

In terms of the high rollers just buying in direct and crushing the level 1/2/3 steppers...you could always only have steps 1-5 be direct buy-ins and make Step 6(or the top level Step): tickets only, no direct buying in.

Step 4 = Same price as Sunday Millions so it would be cool if your ticket would work for both Step 4's to PCA,WSOP,random 10-12k events etc or they could be used to directly buy-in to the Sunday Millions or Second Chance MTTs.

Also when they run the $530 and $1000 end of the monthers they might be able to offer a special Step 5 just during those weeks.

The lower steps need to be Turbos.

All the steps should be single table, and the top level steps should have 1st(and 2nd if the numbers work) paying out top prize while the rest of the 9 players get another step ticket.

1-3 getting seats and 4-18 getting nothing is incredibly lame.

Thanks for creating these PS...I love steps.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:05 AM

wonder what would happen if i won a round 2 ticket and self excluded myself
Old 10-13-2007, 05:59 AM

Can't give 2 seats for a single table step 6.

The buy-in is $2000 and the package is $12000.

I'm trying to think of a formula to divide the $18000 prize pool but it seems like it's impossible unless you add cash. Maybe something like:

1st - PCA ($12,000)
2nd & 3rd - Step 6 ($2100 + $2100 = $4200)
4th & 5th - Step 5 + $200 ($700 + $200 + $700 + $200 = $1800)

Although I'm sure some nits would find reason to complain about not getting cash for 2nd and 3rd... Maybe $100 to 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Also, I really like the idea of SNG pros not being allowed to buy into step 6 and even 5. That was the reason I never really bothered to invest much time into the Party steps, it seemed like a hopeless endeavor to me. The "once you win you can't enter" idea is a good compromise too.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an excellent chance that a one-table, 9-player Step "6A" will be added, awarding one PCA seat and "replays" in steps 5 or six to lower finishers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars please make this happen. Also I like the idea of not having direct buy ins into the final steps you must have a ticket. I think this would increase greatly the number of players qualifying for the PCA instead of having a few high end sit n go players just buying in directly and accumulating W$'s from the low end players that do happen to make it to step 6. Also maybe only allow a player to win step 6 once and any remaining tickets they have convert to T$. I know these will cut into stars profits, but i would think it would allow alot more players to play in the PCA
Old 10-13-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I really like the idea of SNG pros not being allowed to buy into step 6 and even 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Be warned that any steps type tournament where rake is taken at every step generates a tremendous amount of rake, so while step 1 is advertised as $7 + 0.5 it is really a $4.55 + 2.95 tournament.

8,257 players pay $7.50 or $61,927 that is distributed as 3 12k packages and $1,606 to the 4th place finishers in step 1, while Stars keep the remaining 24k.

That said, I will probably use some FPP to play some step 1’s anyway.

Chris