Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: October Brent and Scott Thread

I should have said earlier, smart work wook.

I empathise and do understand, I was doing similar hours back when I did my PhD and supporting my family from the weenie grant+teaching.

I dreaded Wednesdays - teachung from 9am to 9pm with 1 hour off. I couldn't speak when I got home at 10, I was so hoarse.

Ah, happy days.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if it does require coding in fortran.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this isn't true, you just put it in there to see if anyone was reading your posts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 11:31 PM

In the continuing saga of "Wookie Writes FORTRAN Code for Neither Fun Nor Profit," I've just now finished debugging a huge chunk of code that relates to the user interface of the software package I'm working on, transforming the UI from arcane into actually human-readable. I'm proud, I'm on schedule, I'm leaving lab "early" (early than I thought I would), and soon, I'll be drunk.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 PM

Congrats! Just sent my final e-mail for the night myself, so I can relate. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:01 AM

I just watched the entire first season of The Shield in less than a day. I love this show.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Finally, over a month after archery season opened, I got a deer with my bow. A hunting buddy and I went for a drive last night and we found a group of does along a creek bottom who were not worried about us. Put a little bit of a sneak on her and shot at 29 yards

Right now the boy and I are going to head outside to butcher her. We will cut some roasts and chops(Backstraps) and then grind the rest for burger that we will use for chili, tacos and likely some jerky. Tonight we dine on succulent mule deer chops and tenderloins grilled up medium rare.

The antelope rifle season opens today so after taking care of the deer we will head out and see if we can't find an antelope buck or two.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, over a month after archery season opened, I got a deer with my bow. A hunting buddy and I went for a drive last night and we found a group of does along a creek bottom who were not worried about us. Put a little bit of a sneak on her and shot at 29 yards

Right now the boy and I are going to head outside to butcher her. We will cut some roasts and chops(Backstraps) and then grind the rest for burger that we will use for chili, tacos and likely some jerky. Tonight we dine on succulent mule deer chops and tenderloins grilled up medium rare.

The antelope rifle season opens today so after taking care of the deer we will head out and see if we can't find an antelope buck or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to Taco Bell later. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 03:32 PM

Venison tenderloin, NUM!

Also, invitation to you lounger's to visit my thread in The Gym.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:17 PM

I just moved my first thread. I'm sort of sad about the whole thing. I was kind of happy to see bobman posting about Putin in the lounge. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM

Processing went well. The boy and I got everything cut off, and process in a couple of hours. I bought a big electric meat grinder this year so I even ground my own burger too. vacuum packed it and it's in the freezer.

I cooked up the steaks last night and they were Really good! It's actually better when I can let it hang and age a little but (helps to tenderize things) but it is supposed to get a bit warm this week so I didn't want anything to spoil.

Still darn good.
Closed Thread