Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How to win my money back?
Get a loan 9 18.37%
Write party a bad igmpay 16 32.65%
steal ten grand 24 48.98%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Biggest 2+2 fall from grace?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I get the Ed Miller one. Sure, he fell out with the company, but has public opinion of him really faded that badly? jason_t and Anacardo both seem like stronger choices to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there's significantly less respect for Ed Miller around these parts than there was 2+ years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

All Ed has to do is ditch his wife and turn up here and he'd be welcomed back with open arms. We all go through our dark periods. No need to hold that against him.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM

Ed Miller is the clear winner. I don't see how the rise in Cardohate qualifies as a fall from grace.

At one point Blarg was at the top of every OOTer's favorites list, but he's seemed really angry and bitter lately.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Biggest 2+2 fall from grace

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter was never that well liked. Astroglide liked him, and nominated him for co/repalcement mod or something. At the time diebitter's claim to fame was starting halfway interesting threads.

Then when those threads got less interesting, he and pryor started bitchign for an A&E forum so that people would give their awesome posts the respect they deserved and things went downhill from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diebitter was very well liked for a good while. Eventually it became extremely fashionable to hate on him, and this was highly encouraged by a lot of people who should have known better, and undoubtedly actually did.

My vote goes for Ed Miller. The guy was pretty much a god around here, and easily among the most likeable of the pantheon. He's still well liked and is respected at least as far as poker goes, and it's pretty hard to blame a guy for supporting his new wife, but it took much more imagination to see his exit as a result of any kind of strength than of his weakness and subservience. I think I'm one of the few here who didn't totally dislike or hate Yoko, but I wish she could at least have not broken up the band.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed Miller is the clear winner. I don't see how the rise in Cardohate qualifies as a fall from grace.

At one point Blarg was at the top of every OOTer's favorites list, but he's seemed really angry and bitter lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang-over from all the attacks on DB and the lounge, the majority of which I've felt weren't even close to warranted, were often purposely misleading and done with tremendously ill intent, and created a pretty poisonous atmosphere. The board took a pretty ugly and concerted turn for the worse for a good while, but I'm still optimistic that it can be put behind us.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Re: Diebitter

he was a nice guy, but quietly lots of people realized his threads were mostly attention-whorish. they were mostly just lists and threads designed to get lots of views/replies, but not terribly interesting in any way. then he was kind of outed.

in a weird way, I see a fall from grace for fluffpop coming. she seems nice, but almost 100% of what she says, on any subject, is dumb or wrong in some way. sorry fluffpop.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

in a weird way, I see a fall from grace for fluffpop coming. she seems nice, but almost 100% of what she says, on any subject, is dumb or wrong in some way. sorry fluffpop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean this in the least misogynistic way possible, but she's a girl (and pretty hot) and will thus get a free pass on this until the end of time. It's also not like she's markedly worse than 2+2 average.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang-over from all the attacks on DB and the lounge, the majority of which I've felt weren't even close to warranted, were often purposely misleading and done with tremendously ill intent, and created a pretty poisonous atmosphere. The board took a pretty ugly and concerted turn for the worse for a good while, but I'm still optimistic that it can be put behind us.

[/ QUOTE ]

The increased hate/dislike for you has nothing to do with the lounge. 0. Absolutely nothing, nada, nil.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

And LOL WTF at ZJ making 'one' mistake.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Closed Thread