Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

Assani,

Don't be lazy =D
a = (((Comp/Att) * 100) -30) / 20
b = ((TDs/Att) * 100) / 5
c = (9.5 - ((Int/Att) * 100)) / 4
d = ((Yards/Att) - 3) / 4

a, b, c and d can not be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.

QB Rating = (a + b + c + d) / .06
Old 10-14-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

nevermind I found a QB rating calculator...129.62.

http://home.new.rr.com/rosslahaye/

LOL.....that rating puts Brady in the "101.56" percentile according to that site.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 PM

129.62 according to some passer rating calculator I found on google.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:50 PM

Assani,
His numbers will go down even if he is truly this good because of the winter.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,
His numbers will go down even if he is truly this good because of the winter.

[/ QUOTE ]

And obviously he is going to have to play a defense at some point, and its pretty unlikely the entire offense will remain healthy the whole year. I don't know what kind of impact Donte Stallworth coming up injured would be (probably not much) but if Moss or Welker or a few of the O-line guys (or heck, even Brady) go down, his numbers are going to suffer SOMEWHAT. The Pats have to be a pretty big dog to fade injuries to that many guys, right?

Obv this doesn't mean he isn't amazing.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 PM

Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now. San Diego in week 2 didn't count either?

Pudge, I agree although I do think that Bellicheck wants to get him records this year it seems like. Also seems like he wants to run up the score every chance he gets this year.

Injuries could happen, but I htink they could withstand one or two and not miss a beat(obv not to Brady). If they get decimated by injuries, then yeah I'd agree with you.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufwukWgKfI
Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now. San Diego in week 2 didn't count either?

Pudge, I agree although I do think that Bellicheck wants to get him records this year it seems like. Also seems like he wants to run up the score every chance he gets this year.

Injuries could happen, but I htink they could withstand one or two and not miss a beat(obv not to Brady). If they get decimated by injuries, then yeah I'd agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas wasn't horrible, they were in the top half, not top 10 or anything. Certainly this week was by far the most impressive week. And it was amazing that his numbers didn't tail off at all. San Diego is near the bottom of the league in passing D and in the bottom half in scoring D, so...no, they don't count. Why would they? They still have, on their schedule, Washington, Indy and Pitt who are top 10 scoring D's, and Philly and Miami (LOL) who are top 10 passing defenses. These numbers are a little sketchy this early in the season, because Miami isn't actually a good pass defense they are just so horrible against the run there is no reason to pass. CLE still lit them up.

I'm not saying he is going to start having 0TD, 3 INT games or anything, but it seems reasonable to think it will be harder to score against WAS and PIT than against CLE and CIN. But again, this game against DAL sure makes it seem like this is a historic offense that cant really be stopped, so who knows?

Either way its going to be really fun to watch.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM

Also worth monitoring....

NE with 230 points through 6 games. On pace for 613+ points.

What is the record? I know the 98 Vikings had 556. The 00 Rams had 540. The 04 Colts had 522. Anyone else up there?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also worth monitoring....

NE with 230 points through 6 games. On pace for 613+ points.

What is the record? I know the 98 Vikings had 556. The 00 Rams had 540. The 04 Colts had 522. Anyone else up there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for sure the Vikings set the record in '98, so if no team has scored more since then it is still the record.