Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Shawn Sheikhan getting deported...and is a convicted pedophile (li

[ QUOTE ]
wtf is 'annoyance or molestation' of a child
theres sort of an important line there

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that getting molested by the sheik is, in fact, really really annoying.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Shawn Sheikhan getting deported... (link)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now when Mike says to him "Kiddy game's down the street." it has a whole new meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i sense fark potential with this pic

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a history lesson for you. The little girl pictured in the middle was burned with napalm during the Vietnam War. She was running from her village naked because her clothing had been burned off her body. The photo was a very famous one at the time, and I remember when it was first released in the press. It's a harrowing image, and a real one. I don't see anything funny about this at all.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:35 PM

Good news for Sheiky, there is no age of consent in Iran. Bad news: extramarital sex is punishable by death.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that David Sklansky?

We really need some of the smart lawyer types on 2p2 to weigh in on this thread. I don't know, but I'm guessing you don't serve 9 months for something minor like feeling up a 16-year-old. I'd really like to know the details.

Did this line give anyone else a little chill?

"He has been a legal permanent U.S. resident since 1983, is married to a U.S. citizen and has a 9-year-old daughter."

I wonder if this was all triggered by some kind of allegations involving his daughter.

ROFL
Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a history lesson for you. The little girl pictured in the middle was burned with napalm during the Vietnam War. She was running from her village naked because her clothing had been burned off her body. The photo was a very famous one at the time, and I remember when it was first released in the press. It's a harrowing image, and a real one. I don't see anything funny about this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the image was meant to be funny at all. It's a scathing attack on America that I think is actually kind of effective in a very edgy way. Also every time I see that picture I go into an emotional funk for a while. I help raise a 14-year old girl. That picture makes me think that could be her except for simple circumstances. War is hell.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We really need some of the smart lawyer types on 2p2 to weigh in on this thread. I don't know, but I'm guessing you don't serve 9 months for something minor like feeling up a 16-year-old. I'd really like to know the details.

Did this line give anyone else a little chill?

"He has been a legal permanent U.S. resident since 1983, is married to a U.S. citizen and has a 9-year-old daughter."

I wonder if this was all triggered by some kind of allegations involving his daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

CA Penal Code

§ 261.5. Unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor; Misdemeanor or felony violation; Civil penalties

(a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(c) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is more than three years younger than the perpetrator is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

(d) Any person 21 years of age or older who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is under 16 years of age is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM

wow this thread is so [censored] up its not even nice. all the "just deport child molestor people" are making me sick.

this happened 10years ago and should have been dealt with back then not now, well from what i see in this thread i do kinda understand where the [censored] up us law is coming from anyway.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lesson here: if you're a legal permanent resident and solidify your position by marrying a us citizen. Run, don't walk, to get your American citizenship. Although I wonder if his prior conviction would've blocked that.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesson is if you're an immigrant, don't commit two crimes in the country and you won't be deported.
Closed Thread