Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Ever think about who we assasinate?

[ QUOTE ]
accusing of someone or being an ignorant racist wanting to bomb someone (again, becuase he brings up the name Chamberlain????hahahalololsoah), and/or trivializing a billion people's religion (the whole christ discussion), is being a much bigger "bully" than I ever was in this thread. I just dont hide under the guise of pseudo-intellectualism, and am usually a little more brash and direct.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that your bullying is justified because of how others behave. But that is not consistent because you are saying that bullying is bad, so if you do it yourself you are bad as well.

Does that make sense?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
accusing of someone or being an ignorant racist wanting to bomb someone (again, becuase he brings up the name Chamberlain????hahahalololsoah), and/or trivializing a billion people's religion (the whole christ discussion), is being a much bigger "bully" than I ever was in this thread. I just dont hide under the guise of pseudo-intellectualism, and am usually a little more brash and direct.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that your bullying is justified because of how others behave. But that is not consistent because you are saying that bullying is bad, so if you do it yourself you are bad as well.

Does that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are the ones saying that not me (at least not directly, but with teh tone of your post asking my why I feel the need to bully). I think bullying needs to be done once in awhile, and I never said bullying is always bad.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty clear that I was saying that a lot of Americans only know who Neville Chambleraine is, because he is often misused as an example of how failing to invade/attack/bomb an "enemy" nation can have disastrous consequences. The huge majority of people killed by US attacks have been nonwhite, hence my use of the term "brown"

There's really no reason anyone outside of the US should know who Bobby Kennedy is. He was the attorney general for a while, and he was the brother of the president, but never made it there himself because he was killed.

Again, this entire tangent is dumb. You started it off by trying to insult Nielso for admitting he had never heard of two important american historical figures. The fact remains that *IN GENERAL* lack of knowledge is not a sufficient basis for dismissing someone's ability to think or participate in conversations. *IN PARTICULAR*, insulting someone for lacking a specific knowledge of a country that he may have never even been to, is inexcusable.

Your idea of a retort to this was a bizarre and embarassing nonsequitur attempt at bragging that you know who Neville Chamberlaine is. What did you expect? A cookie? Applause? Did you expect Nielso to feel intimidated by your "intellect"?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think bullying needs to be done once in awhile, and I never said bullying is always bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel it needs to be done? What is it's purpose?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think bullying needs to be done once in awhile, and I never said bullying is always bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a child of Sicilian immigrant parents, I was taught that the best way to stand up to a bully is a good smack in the mouth.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty clear that I was saying that a lot of Americans only know who Neville Chambleraine is, because he is often misused as an example of how failing to invade/attack/bomb an "enemy" nation can have disastrous consequences. The huge majority of people killed by US attacks have been nonwhite, hence my use of the term "brown"

There's really no reason anyone outside of the US should know who Bobby Kennedy is. He was the attorney general for a while, and he was the brother of the president, but never made it there himself because he was killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He helped bring down a multi-national organized crime organization, and made worldwide headlines when he was assasintaed, I think that is reason enough that people w/ a reasonable understanding of US politics (afterall we are talking mainly US politics in this thread, should know).

Your preconceived and wrong notions of what I think about things, led you to the accusation. I was just simply using chamberlain vs kennedy as an example because I think they are about on teh same level of "notoriety" throughout the world, and for no other reason whatsoever.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He helped bring down a multi-national organized crime organization, and made worldwide headlines when he was assasintaed, I think that is reason enough that people w/ a reasonable understanding of US politics (afterall we are talking mainly US politics in this thread, should know).

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? I made worldwide headlines when I organized a direct action against Arnold Schwarzeneger when he gave a commencement address at a college.

P.S. That hole you're digging is getting deeper.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a child of Sicilian immigrant parents, I was taught that the best way to stand up to a bully is a good smack in the mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think there are winners in two people fighting each other?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A major Presidential candidate who has a very good shot of winning gets murdered over his support of Israel, and its not a world event? It also helps that they just made a movie about him too. I can understand that people wouldn't know this outside the US, but anyone who is knowledgeable about World History should know this.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think there are winners in two people fighting each other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course.