Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: The mark of the douchebag

[ QUOTE ]
For everyone hating on the OP: while his points may be exaggerated, all the individuals he is labeling share the characteristic of trying to draw attention to themselves for something they want you to be impressed by (their vacations, frat life, golf courses played, or events previously attended). For all of these examples, OP is assuming that said individuals would not engage in said activities unless they were trying to brag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't virtually every thread here touching on fashion an attempt to brag?

Oh, I'm sorry if I forgot whether aviators were supposed to be "cool" or not now.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a much truer sign of the douchebag is a tattoo. Pretty much any kind, except if you got it in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're labeling way too big and diverse section of the population for this to be correct whatsoever. You obviously thought of one exception (military) while thinking for the 10 seconds it took you to type your post. There are obviously tons of others as well.

For the record, I hate tattoos, I just don't agree with the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think are good tattoos? I've now done a minute of thinking on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different question. The reasons behind getting the tattoo are going to be the most telling of whether or not the person is a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Who is going to pass out tattoo biography quizzes?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a much truer sign of the douchebag is a tattoo. Pretty much any kind, except if you got it in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're labeling way too big and diverse section of the population for this to be correct whatsoever. You obviously thought of one exception (military) while thinking for the 10 seconds it took you to type your post. There are obviously tons of others as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think are good tattoos? I've now done a minute of thinking on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think mine is a good one. it's something i'll never be ashamed of having on my body and it's pretty inconspicuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Defending every last stupid sh*t you did is pretty much a guarantee, not a reason worth a goddam.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different question. The reasons behind getting the tattoo are going to be the most telling of whether or not the person is a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if it is so obvious, what are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy got a tattoo of his dad's initials with angel wings over top of his heart. His dad passed away when he was younger. I don't consider this douchey in any way, and seems like a cool tattoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding the cool part, not the douchey -- Why?

If the question strikes you even remotely negatively in any way, my point is made.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:30 AM

Wearing sunglasses while working out in the gym. Takes the wearing sunglasses inside douchebaggery to a whole new level.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wearing sunglasses while working out in the gym. Takes the wearing sunglasses inside douchebaggery to a whole new level.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh.. this reminds me. There's one young guy in my office who always.. and I mean always, I've never seen him otherwise.. he wears his sunglasses perched on top of his head. 24/7, every day since he started work a year+ back. I don't work with him or know him really, but he's a giant douche.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 AM

He's probably f*cking hotter women than you'll ever come near. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Needs clarification otherwise it's just random letters and might as well be numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you drunk?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh.. this reminds me. There's one young guy in my office who always.. and I mean always, I've never seen him otherwise.. he wears his sunglasses perched on top of his head. 24/7, every day since he started work a year+ back. I don't work with him or know him really, but he's a giant douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-24-2007, 05:17 AM

wearing a 1992 USA Mens basketball jersey