Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which team gets the better deal?
Team A, not even close 5 45.45%
Team A 4 36.36%
Even trade 1 9.09%
Team B 0 0%
Team B, not even close 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a friend to sweat you and shout at you / force you to quit/ slap you in the face / whatever whenever you start tilting? In ideal situations (eg. someone you trust completely) he could also be the only one who knows the password so you couldn't play without him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. I wish I'd phoned a friend that morning even at 7.30 and said "Change my password while the withdrawal goes through. I'll give you £300 of the £2300 for this."

Actually a couple of years ago I had my biggest ever score, turning £600 into £6600 in a day on a Crypto skin that wouldn't let me cash out until I got a pin through the mail. What I did there was chip-dump the whole lot to a close friend on a heads-up table who then cashed it out. They suspended both our accounts and it took ten days of emails and phonecalls to get the money, but we got it in the end.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also post in another forum next time (PLO-8 or high). you won't get a lot of useful advice or commentary in here, it really is the garbage dump of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get abuse in the PLO forum. They tell me to take my low content to NVG....
Old 08-13-2007, 01:49 PM

Good luck, Jim.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen, this whole thread is ridiculous.
Gambling addiction is no different than alcoholism, drug abuse, etc., in respect to one thing, YOU have to want to change.
LuckyJimm has told us time and again how much he has run up his bankroll, only to bust it over and over. The mark of success is not how high or how quickly you run up your bankroll, it's how much you actually TAKE OFF THE TABLE and if you are able to keep yourself in the game by winning consistently and building up your roll enough to weather the inevitable bad runs. To me, the mark of a degenerate is the guy who blows hard about how much money he HAD, how he started from a small roll and made it huge in a short time. There is a reason these players have a small roll in the first place, and the occasional big ups they have are nothing but variance and running hot.
Nothing in any of his posts make me believe LuckyJimm sees his problem. He shows absolutely no bankroll management skills or respect for money at all. His sole contention of being able to be a solid winner this time around is that somehow, magically, he won't go on monkeytilt because he's playing on somebody else's money. This is laughable.

LuckyJimm I do not understand the hate a lot of people have for you in this forum, and I wish you no ill will. But looking from the outside in here, you have a problem and need to stop gambling. You did nothing but lose on your own money, and now you want to start being staked? I feel this is a horrible mistake on your part. If you've made the decision in your life to be a degenerate gambler, that's one thing. I'm afraid you open up a whole new area of pain and worry when you start borrowing from other people to feed your addiction. I know you say it's a stake, and the money is yours to lose free of charge but believe me, nothing in this world is free.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was surportive of the staking idea earlier in this thread.
But even though I like hearing about lucky jims latest adventure, i´m startin g to think Nicky´s right.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
luckyjimm,

I have accounts on Absolute, Full-tilt, and Stars.
If I transfer you $150,(at one of the above) will
you post the results for everybody to read?

This would be entertaining for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, happy to try it on Absolute or PokerStars. I haven't seen the PLO games on Absolute, are they good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will transfer you $150 on stars.
I live in Chicago, I work during the day.
What is your screename? (My screenname is not Jackal52)

The deal is the following:
Start out playing $25 plo.
If you hit, $300,(playing $25 plo) pay me back the original $150.
At that point, if the account reaches $1000, stop. I want 50% of the money or $500.

At that point, you are on your own.
Make an honest effort at bankroll management.
Also, you must post the results here.

PM me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, sounds interesting. But let me just see how my staking deal on iPoker goes...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM

I just got an £85 bonus from my CDPoker affiliate - the site I can't cash out of! So am seeing what I can do with it. Sat at $1/$2 displaying impeccable bankroll management.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol...from everything you post you have no idea how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

$50 to $4600 in 36 hours and I can't play? Yeah looking forward to seeing your results.

$4600 to $0 in two hours shows I have a tilt / game selection problem. But I can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd rather tilt on someone else's dime then. Work on your own game first and when you have a proven track record of consistent wins then ask for staking if you need to even out your edge a bit.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Makeup necessary to be in the ballpark of fair

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

Makeup is that I pay him back if I lose?

If so then it just wouldn't be worth my bothering. I can easily get hold of the money he'd be staking me and just play for myself and get 100% of the winnings (now that I'm playing a new iPoker skin that allows me to easily and irreversibly withdraw money).

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what makeup means.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Makeup necessary to be in the ballpark of fair

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

Makeup is that I pay him back if I lose?

If so then it just wouldn't be worth my bothering. I can easily get hold of the money he'd be staking me and just play for myself and get 100% of the winnings (now that I'm playing a new iPoker skin that allows me to easily and irreversibly withdraw money).

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what makeup means.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAD no idea, but thankfully further down the thread have had it explained to me.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM

jim, being disciplined and staying off tilt are the hallmarks of longterm winning players. the fact that you can win when you play your A game, but always tilt the money off doesn't prove that you have what it takes. it proves that you don't have what it takes.