Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Stars response on a chronic staller, with no reason to stall.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for satisfying my curiousity on what stream of insults you could spew. Of course, you were asking rules to be changed (pressure to be put on someone when they weren't doing anything contrary to the rules). But yeah, I guess post counts, or levels I play or whatever could totally invalidate my opinion. Guess you have to find other things to argue than the main point when you're wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And I didn't take you 'asking for a rule change' to be tilting. It's all the insults you are hurling around. Guess you are of the personality type that feels it necessary to do such things. not sure what it accomplishes other than amuse other people...but I guess it'll make you feel better somehow...

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever seen a more perfect example of trolling than this guy? Just reading his posts totally tilt me. FFS dude, grow up and stop seeking out threads to argue for the sake of arguing in.

Also, don't give "advice", lol.

<font color="white"> Just had to post that link, too funny to resist </font>
Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for satisfying my curiousity on what stream of insults you could spew. Of course, you were asking rules to be changed (pressure to be put on someone when they weren't doing anything contrary to the rules). But yeah, I guess post counts, or levels I play or whatever could totally invalidate my opinion. Guess you have to find other things to argue than the main point when you're wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And I didn't take you 'asking for a rule change' to be tilting. It's all the insults you are hurling around. Guess you are of the personality type that feels it necessary to do such things. not sure what it accomplishes other than amuse other people...but I guess it'll make you feel better somehow...

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever seen a more perfect example of trolling than this guy? Just reading his posts totally tilt me. FFS dude, grow up and stop seeking out threads to argue for the sake of arguing in.

Also, don't give "advice", lol.

<font color="white"> Just had to post that link, too funny to resist </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

What's too funny there? The only thing I really added to the discussion was talking about the pretty big overbet of the pot on the flop. Fine if you've got other thoughts, but it seemed that was what he'd encounter at the levels he played at. Well, I guess the one other thing I said was 'don't be the starting hand police'. I've seen too many people do that, at the cost of not putting those types of hands in the villians range. I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations when I'm trying to help someone.

And I thought the definition of trolling was posting to try to get a rise out of people. The OP certainly didn't need that post to go off as he did in this thread. Just curious, would posting a thread where someone tried to help someone else and making fun of them count as trolling?

Somehow I thought these boards would be a bit more welcoming than this. OK, I knew OP would be insulting, as he was throughout the thread, but to have you making fun of me too? wow....
Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 AM

eh, all the devils advocates out there, ryan mentioned this pretty much as soon as it was obvious the guy was doing it in the MTT IRC, i saw it happen myself for a round of the table, it was ridiculous and something has to be done, i think if stars look at the amount of hands played on that table compared to others then they'd see what a huge problem it is and what a

simple thing to do is give people less time as standard preflop, theres still the timebank for any tough tournament life decision. people forget that you've got the whole of the time from when the cards are dealt to when it gets to you to be deciding what to do also, so this guy sometimes had over a minute to decide to fold to an utg raise, its just ridiculous

solutions:

1. less preflop time to act as standard
2. support asking people to be considerate if its reported
3. time out x amount of times, lose your timebank and have to earn it back
4. group lynching

however, you see stuff like this and eh maybe people need longer
Old 08-12-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for satisfying my curiousity on what stream of insults you could spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And I thought the definition of trolling was posting to try to get a rise out of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Case closed.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for satisfying my curiousity on what stream of insults you could spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And I thought the definition of trolling was posting to try to get a rise out of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Case closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I guess preparing to get flamed by the OP for agreeing with most of what he said, with the exception of having the rules changed for the opponent midstream is trolling. Got me there. I guess I should have made the point more clear that if he acted the way he acted towards posters in this thread towards PS support I'm not surprised that they may have been a bit shorter with him than they would have otherwise.

I guess I should stick away from the threads that are started by posters who think that rules changed in the middle of the tournament is OK, or (the other posts you're talking about of mine) that get upset when a misdirected player-to-player transfer gets reversed within 5 minutes of hitting their account in error.

Though the only other threads I've posted significantly in had to do with pointing out problems with letting one player flip another players' cards.

Again, I ask what the problems with the advice I gave in the beginners' forms was, as I didn't see anyone contradict me there, in fact, others later agreed with other points I made.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:56 AM

Dude. This is the first thing you said:

[ QUOTE ]
hmm...I'm mainly replying just to see what insults you can hurl my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you weren't trying to troll, it sure looks like it. How could you possibly expect anything but a '[censored] you' response from this, or at best get ignored?

Ryan never wanted the rules changed in the middle of the tournament. Can't see one place he's saying that.

I have no idea what you're saying about player transfers.

If you really want to discuss the hand, we can take it to PM as to not derail this thread further. I'll say just one thing: yes, calling with K4s from the BB w 13 BBs is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Since when is 13 BBs deep?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude. This is the first thing you said:

[ QUOTE ]
hmm...I'm mainly replying just to see what insults you can hurl my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you weren't trying to troll, it sure looks like it. How could you possibly expect anything but a '[censored] you' response from this, or at best get ignored?

Ryan never wanted the rules changed in the middle of the tournament. Can't see one place he's saying that.

I have no idea what you're saying about player transfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Transfers was from another thread. Thought that's what you were referring to when you were talking about my other posts. And about that hand, ok, I hadn't really thought the villain's strategy, just focusing on what the hero can control--either that or I added a 0 or took away a 0 somewhere. I'd fold K4s in an instant as well. But there are a ton of suited lovers out there...at least at the levels that guy was playing at.

The main thing I'm replying to is say, OK, I should have 'put on the asbestos underwear' in a slightly less forward way, but I did want to voice my opinion that a rule change on PS would be a good thing, but Ryan wanting someone from PS to come to the table (he said he e-mailed several times after the initial reply from PS) and trying to coerce the other guy into playing differently was essentially changing the rules. Yes, I know technically it wasn't a 'rule change', but if I were playing and had an official rep from PS come and say something to try to get me to change would seem awfully close to that.

As I said, I expected to get flamed by seeing the replies that were given to others that disagreed with OP even though I was mostly agreeing with the OP, but you're right (I'm serious, not sarcastic here) that I probably should have just said that, without the preamble.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I said, I expected to get flamed by seeing the replies that were given to others that disagreed with OP even though I was mostly agreeing with the OP, but you're right (I'm serious, not sarcastic here) that I probably should have just said that, without the preamble.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww, hugs and puppies [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he did. He demanded for somebody from Stars to come to the table and publicly push the villain to stop stalling. That kind of inteference could easily upset the player and thus affect his play and would amount to Stars breaching their own rules.

If Ryan would simply tell support that he feels that the rule is not good and he asks to consider it changed in the future then it would be another matter alltogether, but that's not what he did.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he did. He demanded for somebody from Stars to come to the table and publicly push the villain to stop stalling. That kind of inteference could easily upset the player and thus affect his play and would amount to Stars breaching their own rules.

If Ryan would simply tell support that he feels that the rule is not good and he asks to consider it changed in the future then it would be another matter alltogether, but that's not what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been stated more than once in this thread - and I'll say it again - there would be nothing wrong with support saying to somebody "while you're not breaking the letter of the law, you're definitely pushing the spirit of it. Please be considerate."

OT