Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

Well I guess we have different opinions on what a bad game is. BTW he has had 2 piss poor performances in the playoffs, the one in Pittsburgh and the one in Oakland.
My point is that he has so many bad games I don't feel confident in him taking this team to the next level (yeah I know we need a lot of help elsewhere but that's not the point). He doesn't deliver and is definitely not a top 10 QB in the NFL. If somehow I could prove it, I would bet a significant amount of money that you do not watch Jets games.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:25 AM

21 for 33 for 180 yards and an Int on the road against the best D in the NFL....yea that's just awful! I did not know that a kicker's inability to make FG's makes a QB piss poor.

It's fine to have irrational hate for a guy as long as you can admit it's irrational.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's had 2 great playoff performances, and 1 poor one.

WTF are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also consider the December '02 game in Foxboro a big game which helped them win the division & knock NE out of the playoffs.

Interesting that you guys think your OL sucks...shouldn't last year's rookies be better or have they just looked like crap in the pre-season?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Yea, but if we counted that game we'd probably have to count the final 3 games of 06 where Chad took us on his back and led us to the playoffs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
21 for 33 for 180 yards and an Int on the road against the best D in the NFL....yea that's just awful! I did not know that a kicker's inability to make FG's makes a QB piss poor.

It's fine to have irrational hate for a guy as long as you can admit it's irrational.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOOOL
How many TD's did the Jets offense score that game? None I believe, I think Santana scored one on a PR and we had a DEF TD as well. That game, he COULD NOT get the offense moving, period. Just tons of dump offs in the flats, which almost any QB can do. How can you say it wasn't a piss poor game when he couldn't lead the team to an offensive TD?

Also, I don't really hate the guy, I have been a Chad supporter as he is the best QB we have. But he isn't the guy to lead us to a SB.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 PM

Teams have won Super Bowls with much worse than Chad Pennington. If you want to argue that the Jets need a Manning/Palmer to win the Super Bowl, then fine, you win. But to say Chad is not a top 10 QB is just wrong.(I realize saying Top 10 is a bit misleading as he is more like between 7-10)
Old 09-02-2007, 02:46 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOOOL
How many TD's did the Jets offense score that game? None I believe, I think Santana scored one on a PR and we had a DEF TD as well. That game, he COULD NOT get the offense moving, period. Just tons of dump offs in the flats, which almost any QB can do. How can you say it wasn't a piss poor game when he couldn't lead the team to an offensive TD?

Also, I don't really hate the guy, I have been a Chad supporter as he is the best QB we have. But he isn't the guy to lead us to a SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love listening to the audio of Bob Wischausen calling that Moss return... 'SANNNNNNNNNNNNTANNNNNA MOSS"

Chads an above average QB who is fully capable of leading this team to the promise land.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Teams have won Super Bowls with much worse than Chad Pennington. If you want to argue that the Jets need a Manning/Palmer to win the Super Bowl, then fine, you win. But to say Chad is not a top 10 QB is just wrong.(I realize saying Top 10 is a bit misleading as he is more like between 7-10)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thayer, you seem to be going overboard with your homerism these days. While Chad is probably a top 10 quarterback when healthy, he's not often healthy. KUBIAK forsees good things for him but the guy can't throw a deep ball much anymore.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:56 PM

He's always been able to throw a great deep ball, look at his numbers. His lack of arm strength affects medium passes, and outs(passes that need to be "bulleted" in), not long balls.

I know it sounds like I'm a huge Chad homer, but I'm not, probably just a little too logical and rational for some members on this board [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chad is indeed a big injury risk, and yes that is a big liability, so having a good backup is very key for the Jets, but to argue that when healthy he isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl is just ludicrous.

Fwiw I really like Clemens and with Chad's great knowledge/understanding of the game, hopefully he can help develop Clemens to be our starter in 3ish years.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my point, that the Jets, at this point, need an elite QB to go to the SB. I get what you are saying, guys like Trent Dilfer have won SBs. But he had the best defense in football and an amazing O-Line, 2 things that the Jets currently lack. Add that with his inconsistency, and I don't believe he is the right long-term option. I wouldn't say he is a top 10 QB but he's no worse than top 15. After Manning, Brady, Palmer, Brees, Bulger and McNabb, you can argue for a number of QB's filling out the top 10. I would rather have Young, Rivers, Hasselbeck and Favre. I assume you agree with me that the Pittsburgh game was in fact, a terrible game for Chad.