Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: New PokerStars Data Policy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad. think emails to support would change this policy? are they going to ban pokertracker soon too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Banning PT and all other sort of data aggregation SW would be a huge step in the right direction for all of online poker.

I wonder how many 20-something computer geeks could actually win without a software assist.

Hell, people under 35 who work in retail can't even make change if the register breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to get rid of all the software that provides people with stats to use during hands, but there's gotta be some way of at least storing your own hand histories so you can study them when you're done playing.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad. think emails to support would change this policy? are they going to ban pokertracker soon too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Banning PT and all other sort of data aggregation SW would be a huge step in the right direction for all of online poker.

I wonder how many 20-something computer geeks could actually win without a software assist.

Hell, people under 35 who work in retail can't even make change if the register breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero-probability floatpoint quantum redundancy.

If you're worried about the impacts of such vast amounts of personal data within easy decryption for hackers or negative influences.

Don't. WYSIWYGeek. We knew then the only way to distribute a proper security protocol was to lay freehack routines that become a layered shell of security.

Quantum keys, your clicks also take random data from pretty much any Terran database and encodes your own security.

Take a look in the mirror, Kurn. What would you do to yourself that you wouldn't want done? There's no honor in it.

And without honor, this discussion is meaningless. Safety throughout redundancy.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Opt-out is a horrible solution. Do you think JoeFish knows the name of the 55 tracking websites out there?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM

Seriously does anyone understand FortunaMaxiumus' posts?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if he does.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was agreed that all drug posts would go in a specific thread...
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zero-probability floatpoint quantum redundancy.

If you're worried about the impacts of such vast amounts of personal data within easy decryption for hackers or negative influences.

Don't. WYSIWYGeek. We knew then the only way to distribute a proper security protocol was to lay freehack routines that become a layered shell of security.

Quantum keys, your clicks also take random data from pretty much any Terran database and encodes your own security.

Take a look in the mirror, Kurn. What would you do to yourself that you wouldn't want done? There's no honor in it.

And without honor, this discussion is meaningless. Safety throughout redundancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol fear and loathing in 2p2

aments
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM

I opted out of Sharkscope awhile ago. Reason - someone at the table would usually start talking about my stats and telling everyone at the table "wow that dude has amazing stats." I got zero action on my big hands. They know that when I'm moving all in, I got the nuts or pretty damn close to it, and would not call me down with top pair, ect. It was VERY annoying, and hindered my ability to make as much money as I was making before I got onto leaderboards and had a freaking platinum star next to my name...

I don't mind that stars is doing this, as I already keep my own stats in Poker Tracker and use that with my HUD to tell me who the donkey's are.

I've also seen players take a bad beat and tell the fish about Sharkscope and tell them to look themselves up to see how much they suck. This is NOT good, and I'm glad Stars is taking some action to take care of the problem. Bottom line, the more the fish are comfortable playing at Stars, the more money we (the good players) make. So this can't be all that bad...
Old 08-02-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I opted out of Sharkscope awhile ago. Reason - someone at the table would usually start talking about my stats and telling everyone at the table "wow that dude has amazing stats." I got zero action on my big hands. They know that when I'm moving all in, I got the nuts or pretty damn close to it, and would not call me down with top pair, ect. It was VERY annoying, and hindered my ability to make as much money as I was making before I got onto leaderboards and had a freaking platinum star next to my name...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so weird, because the exact same thing happened to me. It got so bad that when I registered for a tournament, all of the other people would unregister, so I only ended up winning my own money. So this move by Stars will probably end up being really good for me.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 PM

I have a shiny star on my name in sharkscope...I like it. Gives me awesome fold equity late stage turbos.

That's right, I'm a micro balla.