Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: what happend w/ SwedenofTerror/pr1nny/Wasted Potential threads?

i saw the first two chat logs between two different sets of guys. Was there something else added after that? I dont get why any of the parties involved would want those posts deleted. First off, it seemed like they were just joking. Second off, their comments were written in the poker chat log, so I think its public information. Also, whose handle is WastedPotential?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:13 AM

Is there a reason why people seem to think that ToS is actually going to kill Krantz? Also, if I remember the chat log, it went:

"Then what are you going to do (after arriving at Krantz's residence)?"

"Just drink coffee"

Does this mean that he is going to drink an expresso and watch a bunch of guys go to work on Krantz with a pair of pliers and a blow torch?

And FWIW, I thought Krantz owned ToS in the chat log. Big deductions though for getting scared afterwards.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason why people seem to think that ToS is actually going to kill Krantz?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rounder,

"and all krantz did was say go for it."

See shaniac's post. The way I go about life is not telling someone to "go for it" unless I'm serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trip reports on the times you told people to "go for it" asap please.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I recall Krantz writing stuff like "BRING IT ON PUSSY, COME TO NYC, BRING YOUR SWEDISH FRIENDS AND GUNS AND BOMBS AND WHATEVER AND FLY TO NYC TOMORROW AND LET'S FIGHT. I'LL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND YOU CAN SHOW UP YOU LITTLE BITCH, BRING ALL YOUR F'ING SWEDISH FRIENDS AND LET'S FIGHT" in the openly viewable FTP chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

EL D,

While I see above there has been some resolution above I still must point out the following:

Krantz never once insulted TOS in a hostile manner. The only few insults were clever, funny and totally non-derogatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling someone a mongoloid is pretty insulting. I mean first Krantz tells Gus Hansen to get poker lessons and now calling people names after they lose tons of money. Classy.

This is all stuff that he wouldnt have the balls to do face to face and its pathetic the people who say he's having a laugh because it just wouldnt happen in a cardroom.

And this whole thread reeks of backpeddling

[/ QUOTE ]

Krantz didn't call TOS a mongoloid, he said TOS had 'mongoloid bat wings'. Hudge difference.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason why people seem to think that ToS is actually going to kill Krantz?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - ToS has sketchy connections and is not the kind of person you want to mess with. As luego put it in one of the deleted threads, everyone assumes that all the high-stakes players are college dropouts like themselves - not so. So while it's very unlikely, there's a non-zero chance of this being possible - not like some Grimstarr-stevesbets BS.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:49 AM

The threat is real!

Terror of Sweden:

Krantz:

Old 07-26-2007, 09:52 AM

The people ripping on Krantz are forgetting just how insulting TOS was out of nowhere. I really donīt see how throwing some joking insults back at the person who threatened to kill him makes krantz the bad guy.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Krantz got defensive against a chat abusive player. The guy is rumored to have scary ties. Krantz didn't want to push the issue or have it aired out in forums any longer. Its easy for a lot of us to say 'pussy' and 'he's wimping out' but jesus, he's the biggest high stakes winner online for the last few months and has made millions of dollars. He could be viewed as a target regardless of some random chat so its pretty understandable that he's going to take some extra precautions concerning this issue. He got carried away with the chat and we all had a good laugh.

Dids made a judgement call. It was the right call. We're lucky to have a lot of the most successful players post here and its ignorant to think that we wouldn't want to give them some exceptions from time to time.

El D made a few posts. I've always thought he's pretty spot on with his observations. His point of not making public chat threats without the intention of seeing them through is valid in 99% of the cases where this may happen. There will always be instances where a given rule of thumb should not apply and this is one of them.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - ToS has sketchy connections and is not the kind of person you want to mess with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where are you guys getting this from?