Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Just how young (and why) are the top players online?

It has been touched upon numerous times in this thread...as an older guy *40* I too was a bit more risk averse than I used to be when I first hit Vegas almost 20 years ago.

The reasons were family, and various other responsibilities.

Now, if I were 21 back in 2003 when the poker boom hit. I would have handled it probably like I handled a lot of things when I was 21. Balls out baby!

I would have gone broke 100's of times, would set up a poker apartment in Vegas with maybe 1 room, and 6 or more people sharing the expenses...LOL. Then do nothing but play poker online and live 24 hours a day and discuss it with my roomies.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people who are 25+ with access to the money required to play high stakes poker online usually also have access to much better opportunities for that money. it's only the young who can't think of anything better to do with one mil plus than play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]any tips on where to put the money?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh have u seen the hand it was a stupidly retarded call vs antonius's range in that spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think for one minute that, in considering whether to call PA's bet, that if Doyle thought PA had a pocket pair higher than 3's, that he would have called PA's bet? I seriously doubt it. Somehow he knew that it was likely that PA had an Ace-rag.

So, this example illustrates how old people are better than young people at poker. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i surrender you have changed my mind with your supreme poker knowledge and through the power of debate.

Is that what u wanted to hear?

You honestly have no clue
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh have u seen the hand it was a stupidly retarded call vs antonius's range in that spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think for one minute that, in considering whether to call PA's bet, that if Doyle thought PA had a pocket pair higher than 3's, that he would have called PA's bet? I seriously doubt it. Somehow he knew that it was likely that PA had an Ace-rag.

So, this example illustrates how old people are better than young people at poker. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Why are people comparing young online poker pros to older people who aren't pros? Of course there aren't going to be any players crushing high stakes while working a full time job, just like there's no one tearing up the tourney circuit with a full time job.

If you became a poker pro before 2002, you're a live pro. If you became a pro after that, you're probably mostly an online pro.

Which of those two groups is going to be older?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok i surrender you have changed my mind with your supreme poker knowledge and through the power of debate.

Is that what u wanted to hear?

You honestly have no clue

[/ QUOTE ]

So you know what PA's range would have been, I take it? What would his range have been in that spot? And did he bet within that range? Would his range have include Ace rag?

If so, DB took a risk but he did have the better hand, and it held up.

You'll eventually understand, kid, when you grow up to be a man. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now out of respect for the threadstarter, I'm bowing out of this discussion.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:00 PM

that 3's hand was a disaster.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are people comparing young online poker pros to older people who aren't pros? Of course there aren't going to be any players crushing high stakes while working a full time job, just like there's no one tearing up the tourney circuit with a full time job.

If you became a poker pro before 2002, you're a live pro. If you became a pro after that, you're probably mostly an online pro.

Which of those two groups is going to be older?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why have so few of these live pros been able to make the transition to online poker? It's no secret that online poker is more lucrative because of the much large amount of hands played.

Btw, LOL @ how some older posters here are making posts very condescending towards younger players in the thread. Some things will never change.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
people who are 25+ with access to the money required to play high stakes poker online usually also have access to much better opportunities for that money. it's only the young who can't think of anything better to do with one mil plus than play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]any tips on where to put the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the risk you're willing to bear. forex, the tsx venture exchange, hkex...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM

questions you have no idea how much you dont understand and its amazing that you've made 450 post on a pokerforum and still is this clueless. I doubt youre a winning player in anything above 10$ homegames.