Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

sam,

I live in Sacramento. So F me is right. That mexican place is the one shining light. Awesome breakfast burritos and the best carnitas tacos I've ever tasted.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:42 PM

There was a Wendy's inside a gas station I stopped at in Denver a couple weeks ago, I was hungry so I went in to get some food and they were serving breakfast (it was like 7am). I was like "WTF, Wendy's breakfast?" because I was pretty sure I'd never heard of that before. It freaked me out so much I left without eating, I thought it was a trick or something. Kept driving hoping to find a Dennys or IHOP or some kind of beakfast place other than a Waffle House.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:45 PM

kidcolin,

The plus side of living in Sacramento is the high probability that you will end up on an episode of COPS one day.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the burritos any good at these places? I've never had a fast food breakfast burrito. I really didn't get into the breakfast burrito craze until I moved to California two years ago. There's an authentic mexican joint a few blocks from my house that makes incredible ones. I guess I'm spolied.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Carl's Jr loaded breakfast burrito is quite good IMO. Easily the best fast-food breakfast item I've ever had.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:55 PM

oh yeah I forgot about that. I remember the commercials. That does look good.

Did putting tater tots in breakfast burritos start in California? Because that was a landmark decision.

tuq,

It's all part of my "Where Not to Live" book deal.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did putting tater tots in breakfast burritos start in California? Because that was a landmark decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more, and this is why I'm disappointed that the potatoes in the Wendy's version are roasted. The crunch of the tots is so choice.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Yeah, I first started getting burritos with tater tots down in the cafe at work. Chorizo, tots, onion, pepper. That's how I got hooked. The mexican joint actually uses roasted potatoes, but everything else about the burrito is so much better, and their salsa is incredible, that it still wins pretty easily.

I'm generally a bigger fan of the north east than I am of the west coast, but they're really behind in the tater tot usage. You have them at school lunch and then that's about it. I rarely see it used elsewhere back there. I've heard stories of a breakfast sandwich in Burlington, VT that puts a McD's style hash brown patty in it. That's a start, I suppose.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rushmore - once you're married, its impossible to have EITHER .

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the Wendy's by my office has had breakfast for months, and since I work ridiculously long hours, I've eaten breakfast there once or twice a week. I also go there every morning for my Coke Zero to start the day.

The Frescuit sandwich LOOKS like the Frescata, but it is NOT the same bread.

It is a biscuit. It's very tasty. Frescuit sandwich is one of my favorites ever. They also have a breakfast chicken sandwich that is very good.

I have not tried the Big Sandwich, but one of my officemates has and said it was terrible. Described the bun as "a slightly sweet, soggy hamburger bun". He likes the hashbrowns, which are a full patty. He also liked the biscuits and gravy. They looked pretty good.

I don't eat hashbrowns, and if you get a meal, Wendy's lets you substitute a blueberry muffin or a cinnamon twisty thing with an icing dip. The cinnamon thing is good, although not terribly cinnamony, but you can feel your arteries harden with every bite, and it's so sweet you're tired of it by the end.

The blueberry muffin varies a lot. Some days it is good, some days it's not, and I can't tell what the difference is.

Breakfast burrito and french toast sticks were both good.

I'm embarrassed by how much I know about Wendy's breakfast. Thank god I'm changing jobs soon and I'll be home for more than 6 hours a night.
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

VR

--who can also get a rodeo cheeseburger less than 3 minutes away.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW DO YOU POST SO HOT NO MATTER THE TOPIC. WTF.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM

I'm confused, I had breakfast at Wendy's in December.

FWIW, the breakfast burritos were delicious and tiny. I'm a very light eater and I debated whether to get 2 or 3. It turns out I should've gotten 6 if I wanted anything close to a meal.