Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: UFC 73 Thread

being that i really haven't berated anyone lately ever since my root-canal, i will try to keep this short and simple:

on a sin-of-vanity scale, post-mortem self-patting diagnosis of public bets viewed by thousands is far less severe proportionally than posting a vid of one's self on youtube providing the same exact type of analysis generating all of 400 views (200 of which likely came after this thread)

[ QUOTE ]
... as I usually put a couple hundo on lines I like every event anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap! i didn't realize that thremp was some geeky sounding white kid, who likes to post vids of himself talking in the deepest possible pubescent tone that he can muster..

..wait, yes i did..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 PM

There really was no other reason to pick Nate. He is just a LnP guy. He has fought nobody and has only finished one of his fight in the UFC. Rest of the fights went to a decision against more nobody opponents. And yah... the hype is pretty rediculous sometimes.

The question is will BJ be able to submit him in the first 2 rounds. BJ will gas out after that especially fighting against Sherk. Sherk will win another decision.

That would be too long of a wait for Minotauro but it definitely is possible.

I PM'ed you picks
Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
being that i really haven't berated anyone lately ever since my root-canal, i will try to keep this short and simple:

on a sin-of-vanity scale, post-mortem self-patting diagnosis of public bets viewed by thousands is far less severe proportionally than posting a vid of one's self on youtube providing the same exact type of analysis generating all of 400 views (200 of which likely came after this thread)

[ QUOTE ]
... as I usually put a couple hundo on lines I like every event anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap! i didn't realize that thremp was some geeky sounding white kid, who likes to post vids of himself talking in the deepest possible pubescent tone that he can muster..

..wait, yes i did..

[/ QUOTE ]

You obv didnt see any of my other vids.

Check out my Song "Your Saggy [censored]"

Crooner style.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 PM

trixtrix,

You are the second person who has called me "white" today. I am not amused by this bigotry.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Marqardt defintiely a class lower than silva. Everyone was all over Marqaurdt because UFC hypes the underdogs so people think it's going to be a good fight. Henderson is probably the only middleweight that can beat Silva, but that fight is basically a coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marquardt was one of the least hyped challengers ever, and whatever hype he did get had very little influence on the people here who picked him.

Also, ever heard of Paulo Filho or Matt Lindland?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:33 PM

I don't think Lindland can beat Silva. Lindland is basically the same as Marquardt but he is worlds ahead of him in the wrestling area. It would be closer than the Nate fight, but he will still get knocked out. Filho can't finish fights. If you can't finish Silva, then you're gonna get knocked out.

If the hype didn't have any influence on people here then what did? His unimpressive strength of schedule? His lay and pray strategy? The only reason he got the title shot is because the UFC has no MW. Hopefully they sign Dennis Kang as he has the next best shot of victory other than Hendo.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

..wait, yes i did..

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 07-09-2007, 11:17 PM

While I think Filho, Henderson, and Lindland would all have decent shots at beating him, they'd all have trouble surviving for 5 rounds. Kang is an interesting fight, he's more well rounded than the other top MWs and actually has real striking ability. I'm surprised they haven't rushed him into the ufc and started to fast track him already, he's very marketable.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, is there a 2p2 MM fantasy league? I know there is a link on ufcjunkie for one (dont want to link directly and cost em referrals). Seems like it would be fun and a public way for everyone to make their picks..Especially for busto people who cant bet on many fights..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be into this if someone set it up

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I set one up with the fight camp name "twoplustwo". Unless everyone just wants to use the ufcjunkie.com one..

Looks like we can use this for regular and moneyline picks. Guess everyone starts with 1k. Since its not for real money, I am sure sidebets will be in order also..
Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the hype didn't have any influence on people here then what did? His unimpressive strength of schedule? His lay and pray strategy? The only reason he got the title shot is because the UFC has no MW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for everyone else, but my pick was based on Silva's weak takedown defense and Nate's incredible ground control, and Nate's good standup defense (he had never been KOed prior to this fight). Silva got taken down at will by Jeremy Horn in the first two rounds of their fight until Horn gassed, and Horn has admitted that he doesn't have great takedowns. Lutter took Silva down easily and almost submitted him, and Marquardt's ground game is even better than Lutter's. To call Nate a lay and pray guy is ridiculous. He completed dominated 2003 ADCC champ Dean Lister on the ground, enough that one judge gave him two 10-8 rounds, which is extremely rare. Not every decision win is lay and pray. Should Silva be called a stand and pray fighter because he couldn't finish Jeremy Horn or Lee Murray?

And in hindsight, look at how the first round went until immediately before Marquardt got TKOed: He took down Silva multiple times and was winning the round. Yes he hadn't done much damage, but neither had Silva.

And as far as strength of schedule goes, Nate has beaten some very good fighters: Salaverry, Doerksen, Misaki 2x (who btw has a win over Hendo), and Dean Lister. Aside from Rich Franklin (who you probably think is crap anyway), A. Silva doesn't have an anymore impressive strength of schedule, and he has some questionable losses on his record.