Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Chipcounts at the dinner break

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if this final table is going to be televised?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is scheduled, but I would bet ESPN finds a way to televise a final table with Doyle Brunson and Patrik Antonius.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 AM

Man I hate these updates every 20 minutes.

Is it too much to ask for hand by hand updates?

F'n HE bias.

/rant
Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 AM

From pokernews.com:

[ QUOTE ]
Final Table for Event #50 Set for Tuesday at 2:00 pm PDT

With David Chiu's elimination in tenth place, the final table is set and ready to go tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2:00 pm PDT. Right now, the plan is to broadcast this final table live over the web at WorldSeriesOfPoker.com. It will *not* be sequestered, because the holecard system isn't set up for Omaha, which uses four cards. So that means there will be a live audience, and there will not a one-hour delay. (If everything goes according to plan.)

The big story at this table is obviously Doyle Brunson, who will be trying to catch up to Phil Hellmuth with his 11th career WSOP bracelet. Two years ago, when Johnny Chan won his 10th, Doyle caught him less than a week later. Can he catch the leader again this year?

This table is packed with big names, including Patrik Antonius, Robert Mizrachi, and Marco Traniello. Most of the players are looking to pop their bracelet cherry, even though this table averages more than one bracelet per seat -- Doyle has 10, and everyone else has 0.

Here are the official chip counts and seating positions:

Seat 1 - Doyle Brunson - 510,000
Seat 2 - Patrik Antonius - 650,000
Seat 3 - Marco Traniello - 420,000
Seat 4 - Rene Mouritsen - 775,000
Seat 5 - Tommy Ly - 1,895,000
Seat 6 - Jonas Flug-Entin - 445,000
Seat 7 - Steve Sung - 175,000
Seat 8 - Stephen Ladowski - 360,000
Seat 9 - Robert Mizrachi - 1,090,000

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression this was supposed to be a 2 day event. (just checked worldseriesofpoker.com - It was suppossed to be a 2 day event).

I hope they scale back the blinds because they're scheduled to go to 20k/40k in about 20 minutes, leaving only the CL with more than 25 BB.

GL RBK, looks like it's going to be a flippament until the final 3 or 4. Hopefully, they they'll capped the blinds at 60k as promised.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 AM

Congrats Jonas!!! I've always been a fan of ur play way back when you used to play on LATB. I really hope you do well regardless.

Wishing you the best of luck [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 03:43 AM

rbk,

Looking VERY good for at least a second place finish with a table full of unknowns except for Patrik. If one of the amateurs sucks out and puts a bad beat on Patrik, I think you are pretty much a lock to take it down.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:46 AM

Jonas,

Also, if you win, please invest your winnings wisely. I know you like to gamboool it up in the pit and play the high limit poker games and party a lot, but when you get lucky and make a tournament score, you need to be responsible and save the money. Don't go down the path that so many poker players have gone down after a tourney score and just blow through your big score. Put it in some safe, conservative investments and secure your future. Maybe buy a big steak at Sizzler or something to celebrate, but other than that I hope you are prudent with your tourney winnings.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 AM

so i was chip leader from 77 to 17 players left in the tourney then i lost two huge pots to total donkey with no fold button.

i open from MP with AhKhxx and he calls AJT5 rainbow.
flop Qh Th 5x

i pot he shoves for like a min-raise and obv i miss.

then i have a set on a str8 board and turn a flush draw and obv brick all my outs (we didn't get the money in i just chk called 2 streets cuz he obv had straight he was very passive with draws and only bet made hands but would call too much so i knew i got paid if i hit one of my bajillion outs).

was real short then opened pot 6 handed with AK and two other cards i dont remember right now i think maybe 67 two suits.

other guy repots and i pretty much am forced to call my last 150K getting almost 3-1.

he has AAxx and i flop pair plus nut flush draw and make trips.

very next hand i get AAxx vs his 55xx and he hits a set.

once we got down to 10 handed i took two sick bad beats.

on one hand both short stacks get all in and antonius calls em with AAQx and one short stack has AKK2 with 3 clubs and the other short stack has Q998 with two clubs.

obv they both make club flushes.

then i can't remember the other hand but the shortack got all in pretty far behind again and sucked out.

but the real bad beat is that they aren't going to televise the FT on espn cuz that is costing me 30K minimum.

i thought for sure they would reconsider since so many big names but they have some problem getting a crew there so no dice.

gay.

i'm pretty short on chips with 445K so i need to pull a jaime gold and get absolutely ran over by the deck.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:04 AM

don't pull a "thenut21" if you come in second, either
Old 07-03-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty short on chips with 445K so i need to pull a jaime gold and get absolutely ran over by the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope for your sake that you're deliberately exaggerating here. You're a single double-up away from being all alone in 2nd (if you go through Mizrachi, anyway).
Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 AM

Sucks on the no ESPN thing though. I thought they always showed at least one PLO event (probably airing the re-buy instead I guess).