Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Please help me goad Stars into some very necessary changes

How about more tourneys that aren't sats/shootouts or turbos that fit the $25-$75 buyin levels. I'm not rolled for the $50r or $100 levels and would like to play a basic MTT.

There have been several times I wanted to fire up an MTT and can't find one for the next few hours so I go over to FTP and find them easily.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorting out the dead blind problem would be on my list (although I love that problem when the BB skips me!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree completely, it's pathetic that they haven't fixed this even in cash games.

ToT
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM

I agree with Badger. T$ should only be awarded if you win a second seat, or they could just do away with T$ and W$ and award cash for a second seat.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 PM

One more improvement to client - option to save tournament summary on elimination from tourney.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more improvement to client - option to save tournament summary on elimination from tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that about Party - they'll email you the tournament summary at the end of the tourney. Be nice for Stars to do this as well - when the tournament is over, they email you the summary. Save you having to request it.

OT
Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're also going to raise the registration time on most tournaments to 2 hours. That change will take effect with the next batch of deployments, so you'll see it starting July 9th.

[/ QUOTE ]
July 10th about to end, still no changes
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In cash games when you reload during a hand a button pops up that says you won't get your chips until after the current hand completes and you then have to click 'ok'. Please get rid of this. It's very very annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear god, yes please.
Those boxes are beyond annoying.

At least give someone an option to disable this pop-up box.
Same goes for the pop-up box that your rebuy will be posted on the next hand or whatever.

I understand the need to educate the noobs. But seeing the same box over and over and over again and having to click it every time really gets in the way.
Yes, I get it already, I'm not allowed to add to my stack in the middle of the hand. I've actually played poker before and also am aware that a flush beats a straight but you never had a pop-up box explain that aspect to me.
I think I got the bit about not being allowed to top-off mid-hand the first 16,000 times you told me.

Also completely agree with PITTM's stance about the frequency of not making it through a double-rebuy in time, then doubling-up, but should have had $6k in chips instead of $3k because it wouldn't let me double-rebuy.
No double-rebuy is annoying.
The forced-wait before the add-on is about as bad.
Having to sit there and wait for each freaking table for 2 or 3 minutes (I've timed it...if I only have to wait for 1 minute then I'm pretty happy) before I'm allowed to add-on is REALLY annoying.
In a live tourney when the last hand ends then we are on break. Simple.
I don't have to wait for some other drawn-out hand on a different table. I just leave my money on the table and tell the dealer, "add-on."

Finally, let me freaking re-buy already!
Sometimes I'll bustout at the same time as somebody else. But it still won't let me rebuy because the other guy is still deciding.
WTF?
I have zero chips left. I'm trying to rebuy. It tells me I'm not allowed to rebuy.

If I put in a rebuy request before it's ready to let me rebuy then just make it that it will do the rebuy for me at the end of the hand if I'm eligible for one.

I shouldn't have to continually try to time it so that the chips have been shipped to the other guy and I'm sitting there with T35 or something and trying to rebuy but Stars won't let me because I had T2200 at the beginning of the hand and it hasn't officially credited the other guy with having won the hand yet.

It tells me "no you can't rebuy" "no you can't rebuy" "no you can't rebuy" and THEN the next hand deals before I could sneak in my next request and I'm stuck with freaking AA and a stack of T35.

Frustrating and completely unnecessary.

Please fix this.

Something about disconnects and the time-bank HAS to be done.
I've sat there for enough "Player X has disconnected and has 240 seconds to reconnect" in non-crucial situations to know that something is really messed up with the system.
why do we have to wait 240 seconds for this guy?
It's just ridiculous sometimes.

Also, if there was more advanced registration and also a longer period of late-registration I suspect that it would lead to me, and several others, playing more tournaments.