Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: How can a single guy (30 years old) meet women these days?

El D, that's pretty much it.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone posted a CL ad for women (El D)? I'm interested in the types of replies you'd get.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the El D love obviously led you to pass right over my post. I have met several women off of Craigslist. My ads are usually pretty basic that focus around a particular activity and I always include pics. Here's one I posted last week :

"Hey!

So I've never really had sushi before and really have been wanting to try it. I'm not lame enough to go by myself though so looking for someone to come with me and educate me on what's good.

My name is Matt, but most people call me Iggy. I moved here from Pittsburgh, where I was born and raised, in the beginning of May. I'm an easy going person and like to tell stupid stories to entertain the people around me to keep a light, upbeat mood. Overall, I'm a good guy and I'd like to think I got my life pretty well in order. I've never been married, I didn't leave anyone special behind, I didn't move here running away from anything, I have no kids... so no surprising skeletons in my closet.

If sushi sounds like something you'd be up for, let me know."

It led to several replies and I ended up meeting the one for Sushi last Friday. Other ads I have posted are grabbing drinks, seeing a movie, playing tennis, etc. Almost always my ads get several replies. You just have to weed out the crazies.

My avatar is a picture of me, so you can see I'm no PIMP like most of 2p2 is, but the women that reply to my ads are for the most part decent looking to somewhat hot. The drinks ad led me to meeting a girl and a couple of her friends tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

I don't really use CL for dates, although they have happened. I use it more to expand my social network, since I didn't know a soul when I moved here 2 months ago.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After that, some pinot grigio and sushi at the ballpark. Then, who knows?!

LFS

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually sounds like a fun party to me, maybe I'll find some local ballas and organize a similar gathering of my own. Good times will ensue

[/ QUOTE ]

For party activities, the recent back-shaving thread should be perused for ideas. A guy could really use another guy's help sometimes, you know?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Iggy,

Serious q here. What section are you posting those in? Men Seeking Women?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Iggy,

Did you post the ads on 'stricly platonic' or 'men seeking women'? (and I'm guessing it's safe to say you didn't post in 'erotic services, lol)
Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 PM

ED, I gave pbob a little backrub at the poker table just the other day. The problem though is he's not really huge on personal hygiene, he was wearing an old ratty tshirt, hadn't shaved in days, and who knows when he last took a shower. When I give guys rubdowns, I really like it if they shower right before, brush their teeth (a mint is nice too), and otherwise get "dolled up" so to speak.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 PM

El D & Locust,

I use both strictly platonic and men seeking women. I seem to get more replies in the men seeking women section.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ED, I gave pbob a little backrub at the poker table just the other day. The problem though is he's not really huge on personal hygiene, he was wearing an old ratty tshirt, hadn't shaved in days, and who knows when he last took a shower. When I give guys rubdowns, I really like it if they shower right before, brush their teeth (a mint is nice too), and otherwise get "dolled up" so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scented candles are also really nice and relaxing. Treat yourself to the adventure of some lavender or cinammon!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Blarg, that suggestion is just super!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Guys, I don't want to offend anybody, but this is starting to sound a little gay to me.