Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: On The Lot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) The previews of each film eliminate any surprise and shape the viewer's opinion too much. Ex: every time a director talks about how concerned he was about the puppets looking realistic, all I do is watch to see how fake the puppets end up looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i specifically don't watch that part of the show for this reason. just change the channel or mute it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you MUST watch this show DVRed. Doing otherwise is begging for your time to be wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

hour long show in twenty minutes, ftw.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:11 AM

Awful
Old 08-02-2007, 02:55 AM

good lord, this show is so bad.

could care less who wins.

just end already.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 AM

wow this week's batch of films are not any better despite being 3 minutes long now. I can only say my boy Will's work was marginally less stupid than the others. Zach got voted off too, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... it felt like he kind of was coasting but maybe his DVD player/time traveler was the best he could do. It's amazing how those first films they made under time constraints are all so much better than the stuff that's coming out now. I think these retarded themes that they use are killing this show.

The final two will be Jason and Will, or should be at least. Sam is a total LOL and shouldve been gone weeks ago.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 PM

I thought they were all better than last week's. I can't believe that Zach was voted off. What a shocker, poor guy.
I thought the logline was kinda dumb myself. I would have liked something more complicated than a guy in a dress but oh well.

Not sure I can even pick a favorite. Adam's was the most original but pretty confusing until you got to the very end. Jason's was kind of funny and it kept my interest. I wasn't as big a fan of Will's as everyone else because I found the music to be annoying. I wish they would stop with the music already! (Personally, I didn't think Sam's was that bad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].)
Old 08-08-2007, 01:18 PM

Yeah I lost interest in this a couple weeks ago when they started to get sucky. Even Zach didn't do anything very good for a while, and he was far and away my favorite of the bunch.

So... is it down to the silent film guy and someone else?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:14 PM

Aw, I was hoping you were still watching with us. It's down to 4 and one will be voted off next Tuesday. We have Will (silent film guy), Adam (scruffy beard, skinny dude), Sam (freakishly tall bad dresser) and Jason (Kentucky boy, wears his hat to the side).

I'm really surprised that you guys are dissing all these films so much. Keep in mind they have only 2-3 minutes to present a story. Isn't that a tough challenge? I think it would be hard! And they only have a few days to come up with a script, rehearse and go into production. I don't always love the concepts or the execution but I give them props.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aw, I was hoping you were still watching with us. It's down to 4 and one will be voted off next Tuesday. We have Will (silent film guy), Adam (scruffy beard, skinny dude), Sam (freakishly tall bad dresser) and Jason (Kentucky boy, wears his hat to the side).

I'm really surprised that you guys are dissing all these films so much. Keep in mind they have only 2-3 minutes to present a story. Isn't that a tough challenge? I think it would be hard! And they only have a few days to come up with a script, rehearse and go into production. I don't always love the concepts or the execution but I give them props.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier in the show when they had to do their 1-minute comedy pieces, I think they were given only a day? Anyways, a lot of the work there was way better than what is coming out now.

On thelot.com the bio for Zach says something like Why are you making movies? Zach: If I don't get all these ideas out of my head I think I will explode. Was he talking about his time traveling dvd player idea?? Really that was going to make him explode?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 AM

I wouldn't call Zach a "poor guy." He'll probably get a bunch of job offers this week.

Adam's movie was the first one I saw all season that I thought was ridiculously amazing. As the guest judge said (I don't listen to what Fischer and Marshall say, as they never make any sense), it is something you'll want to watch a second time to understand how great it was. My wife figured out what was going on right away, whereas I had no idea.

Will's was really good, too, and I was surprised it was topped.

Sam's was crap.

Jason's was crap.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call Zach a "poor guy." He'll probably get a bunch of job offers this week.

Adam's movie was the first one I saw all season that I thought was ridiculously amazing. As the guest judge said (I don't listen to what Fischer and Marshall say, as they never make any sense), it is something you'll want to watch a second time to understand how great it was. My wife figured out what was going on right away, whereas I had no idea.

Will's was really good, too, and I was surprised it was topped.

Sam's was crap.

Jason's was crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely with everything in this post. Adam's movie was easily the best and most daring one so far in this competition.