Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Transformers pre-screen factoid report

[ QUOTE ]

They tried to get the original voices. Optimus Prime is the same as the cartoon. Unfortunately though, people age. The guy who did Megatron in the 80's now sounds like an old man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, that didn't prevent him from voicing Fred again in all the new Scoobie Doo movies.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:14 AM

the first half hour was solid, but it went downhill quickly from there. pacing was all over the place, corny jokes didn't deliver, fight sequences were way, way, way too long (almost fell asleep during the final scene) and hard to follow. also, i didn't care about any of the characters (except the bee transformer) and felt that many of them added nothing to the movie (turturro, the hacker guy, etc). for no apparent reason i wanted the military dude with the wife and kid to die. i also didn't particularly care whether the bad or good transformers won. btw, the main character's dad was the best actor in the movie. that guy rules.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:44 AM

i agree the first hour or so ,was fast paced ,funny,and lighthearted ...they could have cut out 20 mins of the movie (the whole sector 7 bs and john turturro;s character) and gotten str8 to the end and the movie would have been great...the chick was super-hot BTW
Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 AM

They swore a lot in this movie.

I loved it though. I was really pleased with how it turned and and I am looking forward to the next one.

Also, [censored] hotrod...he's a pussy who got Optimus Prime killed he deserves to be left of the franchise forever.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 AM

I really liked it, yes the dialouge was stupid, but I found it hilarious. Like others I agree the fight scenes were too hard to follow and it was too long, but I was thoroughly entertained throughout.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 AM

Just saw it with my niece. They did as good a job as can be expected as far as trying to make 2 distinct groups happy - people like me, and the kids of today.

The only real problem I had with it was that Jazz ended up dead out of seemingly nowhere, after we had no real chance to like or dislike the character.

I appreciated the setup for the second film, though. My niece was like: "I don't think they'll make another one, since that one might not be as good." Me: "If they made a second Fantastic 4, they'll make a second Transformers."
Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 AM

bad boys 1 was bay's previous best work until last night. that is all.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Official TRANSFORMERS Thread

mildly diverting. I liked Shia Labouef and the hot girl was, well...hot, if nothing else. I also liked Shia's mom - very funny actress.

good:

early military battle scenes in desert

bad:

pretty much every thing else, although a few things stand out:

about midway Optimas Prime is being chased through city streets by the government. Why not just transform into a truck then? Little easier to blend in, wouldn't you think?

Everytime the autobots transformed from cars to robots it looked as if the robots had about 5 times the amount of material of the cars. They didn't just transform - they somehow became a lot bigger. Didn't make sense to me.

The whole hacking into the Defense Dept. stuff was stupid. Looked like the robot from Short Circuit or something.

Anthony Anderson cracks the code in about - oh, six seconds - by clicking his keyboard some. Yeaaaaah.

The battle between the robots were very confusing. I could never tell who was who.

Shia outran a 50 foot robot hot on his heels.

I put this one in the middle of the Bay ouvre. Pretty bad by most standards, yet still somewhat entertaining - like Armageddon.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:28 AM

UNICRON in the sequel plz.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought the target demographic for Transformers was the 9-15 year old range. Seriously, go buy one. One of the bigger ones. Tell me that a 5-7 year old is going to be able to transform it if they lose the instructions. Even with the instructions, some of the toys are pretty hard to transform.

[/ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend got me one of these a couple months ago. Jesus christ, I couldn't even transform it once with the instructions out.