Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Teen pregnancy (Or:I\'m too young to be a dad)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If she is pregnant, which I doubt, adoption is also an option to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, definitely don't want an abortion...she's had a lot of [censored] to deal with her in her life, and I think an abortion on top of all that would seriously [censored] her up forever. I would never want to do that to her.

But adoption is something that I would really consider and talk to her about. Especially if it's one of those deals where we would be able to see the kid and be involved in his or her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give your head a shake. Having an abortion = trauma, but you think giving up a live child and living with that would be easier??? Also, naive to think that anybody that adopts the child (except a relative) would want the biological parents butting in and confusing the kid.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, definitely don't want an abortion...she's had a lot of [censored] to deal with her in her life, and I think an abortion on top of all that would seriously [censored] her up forever. I would never want to do that to her.

But adoption is something that I would really consider and talk to her about. Especially if it's one of those deals where we would be able to see the kid and be involved in his or her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to God for your sake, for your girls sake and for the sake of another life that you didn't knock your girl up. You really sound like you don't have a clue.

I don't mean that as a knock on you. I'm 26 and if I knocked up some chick, I'd be just as bad.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to God for your sake, for your girls sake and for the sake of another life that you didn't knock your girl up. You really sound like you don't have a clue.

I don't mean that as a knock on you. I'm 26 and if I knocked up some chick, I'd be just as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Especially the idealistic adoption scenario. This is straight out of some t.v. movie.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:47 PM

David,

Wait and see before you panic. I have 2 friends who were adopted as kids, and both of them have turned out fine. As far as what is more traumatic, I think only you and your girlfriend can make that decision. I actually know 2 people who also had abortions, one of them is fine with it, very pragmatic (not the right time, etc. etc.) the other never really recovered. Only the two of you can decide.

I thought I was pregnant once (I was married too, btw) and didn't want a baby. I was in a bad marraige and wanted out, so the last thing I needed was to be pregnant. The stress of thinking I was pregnant caused me to have the symptons of pregnancy. Luckily I wasn't but it was very difficult for me at the time. Keep us posted, okay.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Why is everyone ignoring that there is like zero evidence to suggest she is actually pregnant?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone ignoring that there is like zero evidence to suggest she is actually pregnant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread - everybody told him it's nothing. People are just discussing the worst-case scenario now.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:02 PM

Tons of people have said she's probably not.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give your head a shake. Having an abortion = trauma, but you think giving up a live child and living with that would be easier??? Also, naive to think that anybody that adopts the child (except a relative) would want the biological parents butting in and confusing the kid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think giving a child up for adoption would be easier for both of us than getting an abortion...Not saying it would be easy, but certainly easier than an abortion.

I didn't say that I would want to be like a second dad to the kid if he or she was adopted...But I would certainly want to meet the child at some point in his or her life. I thought this was the idea of an open adoption?(Or at least one kind of open adoption...as I understand it, there are different types that go to different lengths, anywhere from choosing the parents, to meeting the child, to being actively involved in the child's life. Again, just what I have read)

People saying I don't have a clue are, for the most part, correct. I'm not even 18, what the hell am I supposed to know about raising a child and all the things that go with it?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think giving a child up for adoption would be easier for both of us than getting an abortion...Not saying it would be easy, but certainly easier than an abortion.

I didn't say that I would want to be like a second dad to the kid if he or she was adopted...But I would certainly want to meet the child at some point in his or her life.

People saying I don't have a clue are, for the most part, correct. I'm not even 18, what the hell am I supposed to know about raising a child and all the things that go with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

In an adoption, most likely that choice will not be yours, ever. The adoptive parents obviously want to be THE parents, and unless they tell the kid at some point (which many do), and the kid wants to find you, you will never know where this kid is. Again, this is probably nothing, but I just want to disabuse of any illusions about what happens. My friend decided to find his biological mom and they now have a relationship, but he didn't do this until he was in his 30's, so to think that you will ever see this theoretical child before you are 40 is unrealistic.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 PM

That's fair.

And also, so is questioning your idea that an adoption would be easier than an abortion. This might be the case if you have strong religious feelings about such things, but even that's not certain, and otherwise, no.

Disturbing is that the fate of the child is not really being discussed so much as the fate of the parents, it seems. You seem to have some vague idea it's better the kid be born, but no idea what to do next. Considering it's the fate of the kid you're talking about, you need to get some clarity on that.