Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Affiliate cashier account under investigation - Party Poker

what exactly does 'folding' mean? Stopping being an affiliate? Unless they are their own limited liability firm they will likely still owe a [censored] because of this. Whether Party enforces the debt is another matter i guess. I'm not an affiliate, but i feel bad for them, especially those who did not know their players were second-accounters and now owe for them.

When I read this thread i thought PP was reserving the right to take affiliates funds as a legal precaution to keep their options open, just like HBO and the like can 'reserve the right' to press charges against people who video-record the Sopranos onto VCR or something. If affiliates actually have to pay back the money thats really messed up. PP set a really arbitrary cut-off for the date, and really there's nothing stopping them from going back even further if they wanted to later on.

As a side-note, the anonymity of unmentionable may as well be dead as a result of this thread and ones like these, but i guess thats the least of people's concerns at the moment. Good luck for anyone affected by this in working it all out.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:04 AM

also, what proportion of PP players getting unmentionable would actually be first-accounters? When i signed up for my first (and only) account i barely knew what rake was, let alone unmentionable.

As another side-note the whole not getting unmentionable on existing accounts is obv full of [censored]. When will Party learn that within 10 minutes anyone with half a brain can sign up to one of probably more than 100 other sites with rake-back deals. Site-loyalty is nothing anymore, except for just 'liking the software' or a belief in the softness of games which in reality are becoming more and more homogenous with every day that passes after the online boom.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-09-2007, 08:56 AM

So when signing up for the unmentionable NOW you have to be careful? Or don't even signup? Is there anyone left after this is over?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-09-2007, 09:40 AM

Party isn't winning on this though. A lot of players are going to stop playing + a lot of affiliates are going to stop advertising them. GG.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:51 AM

I can't believe I hadn't cashed out sooner from my affiliate....

I lost $3K+ ....

I am going to set up a new account under a new name....so I'll be getting Rakeback again...
Old 06-09-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party isn't winning on this though. A lot of players are going to stop playing + a lot of affiliates are going to stop advertising them. GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now the non RB affiliates are much happier and in the long run, these are the ones who bring the fish in, who attract the sharks making numbers go up. This sucks, because even people with first accounts who are getting rb have be [censored] when they are not to blame at all.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Are there any affiliates out there (other than me) who:

1) WERE 'under investigation' earlier this week, but no longer are,

2) Have not had ANY negative fee applied, and

3) Have also not received payment for May?

I cannot get a response from Party so I don't know if they cleared me, have yet to post the negative amount or what. As most have stated, I have no idea if the players who signed up through me had accounts before or not. If anyone else could let me know if they are in the same situation as me, I would appreciate it. Even better, if someone in my situation has received any response from Party, please post or PM what they said. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:22 PM

OMG GOGOGATORS CASHOUT ALL UR MONEY NOW GOGOGOGOG