Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hand 3
Showdown 5 11.63%
No showdown 38 88.37%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Teppanyaki (Benihana)

Pretty much agree with what alot of people have said, first time is kinda cool and after that it's not all that. I did happen to see a guy catch 21 shrimp in a row once, flicked up by the chef, supposedly thar was the record there.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always found the food to be rather bland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Kobe because they use lots of pepper and serve this really thick hot sauce. Not sure what it is, but it's goooood.

The shows at all these places fail to impress me anymore. Maybe it's because I'm older, but I seem to remember them knife juggling when I was a kid, but I never see that now. I also always cringe when a young chef comes to my table... they're usually teh suck. The guys with grey hair are usually more entertaining.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been to Benihana several times. Its my mom's favorite restaurant.

The one in Burlingame is pretty poor. All the chefs are mexican who only speak in sound fx (beeeeboop) and the portions are small.

[/ QUOTE ]

This benihana sucks unless you're a 12 year old at your own birthday party.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:44 PM

I eat a decent amount of good food from good restaurants, and really have no complaints about the quality/price ratio of Benihana. The "show" is also fairly easy to ignore, oddly enough.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 PM

I have been to a few. I think you get a lot less food than you would get at a normal restaurant. I went once when I was sort of hungry and thought the food was more than adequate and even took some home. Then I went when I was starving and thought they just didnt serve enough food and that overall the portions were just too damn small. I think if you are paying 30-40 bucks for just fried rice and meat you should be getting your fill even if you are starving. Most of the menu was very simple, just meat that was done on the grill in front of you with some fried rice and some veggies. Nothing really special. Overall I wouldnt recommend them because the food is nothing too complicated or special and the portions are just too small if you consider how much you are paying and how simple the dishes are.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:22 PM

I dont eat at these type of places because I cant go out after eating because I wreak.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:32 PM

El, D I have been to the Benihana in Burlingame, California (several times) as well as one somewhere in Hawaii (forget what island).

I would say the atmosphere in Hawaii was better (maybe b/c was pumped up about being in paradise?). However, both are about the same. Kind of like a quasi-show, where everyone has a good time.

I would say the lame part is the food. While I like Japanese food, I always found that Benihana isn't the best.

While my response seems negative, I assure you it is not. The place is great to have a meal if you have a good company to enjoy it w/.

I eat out (at restaurants) very rarely. Maybe 6x a year. So take it FWIW.