Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Pocket5s = great, socially active poker players (warning: donk and

i would just like to note that as a participant of that sit and go and a witness to the greatness on display, I have realized a lot about my game and have definitely improved. Thank you Jennifear, for yor advice in that threat is unquestionably great and all of these haters don't know what they are talking about.

love,
Weir
Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM

lol, i wonder if after aussie millions they all went crazy about how p5er gobboboy got second at the aussie millions
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 AM

i'm aejooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooones
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 AM

Personally, I tend to shy away from p5 just because the forums are so cluttered, plus I dont play many online mtts. Their coverage of the online players in big live mtts is great though.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:07 AM

weak thread
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not really sure what point resilient is trying to make

"HAY GUYS THESE YOUNG INTERNET PROS WHO ARE DOING WELL LIVE CAME BY AND POSTED THIS ONE TIME, WHICH PROVES MY POINT"

[/ QUOTE ]

User since 10/5/2005 2:24:19 AM
Last login 5/21/2007 5:38:57 AM
Real name Jared Hamby
Age 25
Gender Male
Post Count 6367
Location LAS VEGAS, NV »

Signing off... this is getting old.... gl...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know who Jared Hamby is. Do you want me to IM or call him right now to tell him about this thread and how retarded it is? Maybe he can ask you, personally, what point you're trying to make.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and btw, did you read the thread? The guy who called down Gus for 50k is a regular P5 poster....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not gonna go into detail about why I made this call cuz I dont really feel like it. But to the guy who is saying this call is "-ev over the long run" I am not concerned with the long run, I am concerned with this hand right now, the only thing that matter is whether or not he has it this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLWTF? Is it possible that someone using this logic can be a true winner at 200/400???

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure action jeff has as post/reply in HSNL saying something very similar, but in more detail. it was pretty interesting, i'd link but i'm too lazy to search for it.

edit: -- obviously about a different hand, but same kind of logic. SORRY FOR TEHS STRAT

from THIS thread

[ QUOTE ]
You have to decide, with all of the information at your disposal, whether, at this specific moment, hes doing this with a lot of hands or he isn't. Don't worry about future meta-game or how exploitable it would be if he did this with a huge range or any of that crap.

I know I'm not being clear. The obvious nitty answer is to fold, and thats usually right. But, I think in this type of situation its pretty important to realize that, hes sitting there in the bb, and he isn't thinking im 4-betting X% with air and X% with AA/KK maybe AK. Sometimes thats how we make decisions, but thats not how people think. Whats happening is, he is either deciding "this is a good spot to try to win this pot" and 4-betting you with a huge range, or he isnt. So its: (A) RIGHT NOW, in this hand, hes doing this with a lot of hands (B) he isn't and is usually going to have it. Then push your entire range or fold.

IMO this hand is basically useless to post, because the answer is so obvious and unavoidable. There's no way around needing to just make an educated guess and hope to make the right decision here- only the nits way out, just fold.

This reminds me of the whitelime hand vs. aba. Everyone was going on with all of that SHANIA stuff and nth level thinking, but thats not what was really going on. Aba just sat there and decided, at that moment, that whitelime was going to call him if he had a king often enough to make pushing the best play. If he had a bluff in that spot, with his read he would absolutely never shove, because he has decided that hes gonna get called. I think a lot of poker decisions where we stress long term strategy and exploitability are great exercises for thinking about poker, but in the heat of the moment are of little use. We like to try to fight this type of thinking because it doesn't have a huge influence on how hands are played out on or our results, except in the toughest of games. But, in the long run, if the guy on the other side of the table knows your emotional state, analyzes the factors influecing your decision, and correctly assesses your state of mind, he is going to make the right decision and you're gonna get [censored] up unless you are genuinely making decisions completely randomly. I think thats a big edge that players like Aba, Ivey (live), and PA have that we tend to overlook.

Intuition bitches.

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 AM

damn, the gig is up. Turns out I am just an elaborate gimmick account. The last 2 years and 8k+ posts have all been a reuse to get me in your midst so I can come on p5's and bash jennifear.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
damn, the gig is up. Turns out I am just an elaborate gimmick account. The last 2 years and 8k+ posts have all been a reuse to get me in your midst so I can come on p5's and bash jennifear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beat: A stealthmunk gimmick account.
Brag: P5s thinks that 2+2 = poker gods and I am Zeus, leader of them.
lololol

if they only understood what 2+2 thinks of donkament players.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 PM

when i started playing online and browsing forums i was kinda intimidated to post here on 2p2. it seemed like a bunch of game theory experts and calc professors who would [censored] on my low level questions. but now that ive been here for a little while i would say that it's about 5% experts and 95% people who just try to sound smart on here to equate for their inability to beat the rake. i might be being generous with that breakdown.

p5s is different though. you guys gotta understand that like 9 out of 10 people on those forums are beginners. there is no ego bs.. most of them suck, know they suck, and just want to learn. at least thats how i was when i signed up there.

clearly jennifears post is not expert level and there are some holes, but it most defintely would have helped me out if i saw it 3 or 4 years ago when i was donking around in the $5 sng's on paaaaarty pokah (miss you pp </3).