FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: The wondrous, non-coercive philosophy of anarcho-capitalism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You keep pretending that the territory you live on is somehow "your property." Unless I have an atlas out of date and missing PVNland, then I don't think your territory is what you think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure if you visit a government building they'll show you a map with my property on it.

*prepares for "OMG YEAH BECAUSE THEY LET YOU USE IT" post*

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? Right, wrong, or otherwise, the government will take your land whenever it deems. I'm sure you've heard of "eminent domain." Doesn't sound much like ownership to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you see who you were responding to? I agree with you. It's simply that they make no claim towards ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding. The fact that some thug might be stealin mah cheezburgers next week doesn't mean he already owns them now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that's a stupid analogy, unless said thug had total jurisdiction of those hamburgers and they were part of his sovereign hamburger stash that he controlled and you just watched over a burger and bought a nice bun for it.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Non-statism leads the Politics pack, and non-theism leads the SMP pack. Is it really that surprising in the digital information age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not. It's much easier to spread bad ideas nowadays.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If its not your sovereign territory, you aren't the sole owner like you want us to agree to. You can't have it both ways (be sole owner and yet the land is sovereign territory administered by others)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, hence using the term territorial monopoly. Look at the history of the land becoming US sovereign territory. It was either by broad claim where a piece of paper is drafted that states "we rule such and such", or by theft and murder of natives, or by violent military conquest, or the purchase from an entity that did one of these things.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just about every thread on the front page of this forum is not only about libertarianism but AC, this is ridiculous. There is little to no diversity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-statism leads the Politics pack, and non-theism leads the SMP pack. Is it really that surprising in the digital information age?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is also a heavily middle to upper class white male forum, but even for that that's a hell of a concentration of AC.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is also a heavily middle to upper class white male forum, but even for that that's a hell of a concentration of AC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many middle to upper class white males got to be middle to upper class be believing in and participating in the current western culture that makes things easier for people that are white and male. Generally speaking, 2 + 2 consists primarlity of "outside the box" thinkers who don't dismiss poker as gambling due to conventional wisdom. When you get a group of people together who have been (overall) very successful by going against the grain of popular opinion, it is not a big leap to begin thinking that way about everything, including politics.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 AM

hey i got a question

wut is ac
Old 05-21-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey i got a question

wut is ac

[/ QUOTE ]
Linky
Old 05-24-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bkholdem;

Stefan has some great ideas. There is no need to slander him. He has issues, as we all do. In this case it's just really tragic that on his end, he did not choose to introspect in any way, but decided to go with his preconceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you review this thread to see how he manages his 'great ideas' when they are challenged. Lummox and Tickle Monster take an agressive run at his 'universally preferred behavior' and both are banned. He is a megalo.

Go check it out. I would be interested in hearing what others think.

http://freedomainradio.com/board/for...howThread.aspx
Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bkholdem;

Stefan has some great ideas. There is no need to slander him. He has issues, as we all do. In this case it's just really tragic that on his end, he did not choose to introspect in any way, but decided to go with his preconceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you review this thread to see how he manages his 'great ideas' when they are challenged. Lummox and Tickle Monster take an agressive run at his 'universally preferred behavior' and both are banned. He is a megalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to let this go to aviod bumping old threads (the same reason I let the Megathread go), but now that it's back, yeah this guy is pretty messed up.

I've just started listening to some podcasts (the ones that I have an interest in: Police, DROs, IP, etc) and even though I appriciate his use of examples, his reasons seem wrong, he seems to say things that don't add up.

It also became very obvious that he wasn't as "fair" as he said. I read some of the forums and saw the same things you're linking. Also, if you want to listen to his podcasts, be ready to sit through a half hour of giggling, as that's what bogs most of them down.

Cody
Old 05-24-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bkholdem;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to let this go to aviod bumping old threads (the same reason I let the Megathread go), but now that it's back, yeah this guy is pretty messed up.

I've just started listening to some podcasts (the ones that I have an interest in: Police, DROs, IP, etc) and even though I appriciate his use of examples, his reasons seem wrong, he seems to say things that don't add up.

It also became very obvious that he wasn't as "fair" as he said. I read some of the forums and saw the same things you're linking. Also, if you want to listen to his podcasts, be ready to sit through a half hour of giggling, as that's what bogs most of them down.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

And the other half is a string of logical fallacies including my favorite: Appeals to althority whereby HE is the self appointed authority LMAO