Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stabn,

Nice tricky cut & paste. I meant that they all four have piss poor judgement, and especially for some of them in the area of being gullible and accepting the lies of hustlers.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing tricky about cutting and pasting exactly what you said, which made little sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read it carefully, what he meant was:

"Over 1/2 the mods who posted in this thread have piss poor judgement in general, (like nation), as well as piss poor judgement of people likely to be hustlers, (i.e. you, daryn, citanul and iron)."

[/ QUOTE ]

He already pointed that out. The original sentence was constructed poorly and it was quite easy to accidentally read that he thought dids, daryn, cit and iron are likely to be hustlers instead of likely to be hustled. In either case his point is lol as daryn and dids are both unlikely to be caught by a simple forum hustler.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is tl;dr.

However, everyone against nation:

How would you like putting in a LOT of free work to better a forum (FR in this case), then having people complain about something else, enough to demod you?

Maybe you would like to volunteer your time. Then we could all berate you on an unrelated subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't put in a lot of work in FR. He barely ever posts there. Nothing against nation but a mod should show himself once in a while in the forum he mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

He put a lot of work into getting 2+2 to create that forum. He also had 15 posts in FR in april, although he has not posted much in may.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He already pointed that out. The original sentence was constructed poorly and it was quite easy to accidentally read that he thought dids, daryn, cit and iron are likely to be hustlers instead of likely to be hustled. In either case his point is lol as daryn and dids are both unlikely to be caught by a simple forum hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I only read Diddums' posts in any thread in which he appears, then I try to work out what he has misunderstood. Keeps me sane.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As you can see I am not getting involved in the morality of the argument, I have opinions there that are not the same as the OP's, but its really not relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OPs argument doesn't really hold water with me. It's the "guy in green" lying and covering for a friend in a thread where the "green" is meant to convey authority. His whole purpose of posting was to convey a sense that there was no wrong-doing.

When there are multiple smokescreens, lies and half-truths by the person attempting to do this, it throws into question if that person should be posting in green.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The OPs argument doesn't really hold water with me. It's the "guy in green" lying and covering for a friend in a thread where the "green" is meant to convey authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats your perception that greens convey athority, not a fact. Greenies are not authority figures unless they are performing a mod duty at the time, they are just normal users otherwise. Don't give them any special treatment to what they have to say unless its a moderator decision just because they are green, its an honorarium color for helping out 2+2, nothing more.

Think of it this way - strip Nation of his color but let him remain as a mod. Would you think differently then?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 PM

to the people defending nation...do you think he was telling the "whole truth" in the original thread?

if it came out that he wasn't would it matter wrt his modship on 2+2?

it seems very clear to me that there is some dishonesty in the op coming from nation and his homies. my bs meter is ringing off the charts, to paraphrase nate. that said, i think nation is a giant toolbox and i was astounded to see him greened up in the first place, so i'm certainly biased.

so, again, do you guys really think nation is being 100% honest in the original thread? and, if so, are you basing this on his credibility in the community or some other, more concrete factors?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is tl;dr.

However, everyone against nation:

How would you like putting in a LOT of free work to better a forum (FR in this case), then having people complain about something else, enough to demod you?

Maybe you would like to volunteer your time. Then we could all berate you on an unrelated subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't put in a lot of work in FR. He barely ever posts there. Nothing against nation but a mod should show himself once in a while in the forum he mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be shocking to you, but you don't have to post a lot in your forum to be a good mod, so please quit making this point.

I'm not saying I'm a great mod, or Nation is a great mod.

But you don't HAVE to post a ton of your forum to be a great mod. Plenty of mods don't post much, and are great.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:32 PM

that thread is really long, and i dont care to read it, but if nation is openly endorsing cheating, collusion or the proliferation of bots in online poker or if he is secretly working on some sort of project to further one of these causes, then by all means i agree that he shouldn't be representing 2+2 as a mod.

However, I've seen no proof that any of that is true, so it seems likely that maybe this is just an overreaction?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 PM

A Mod's job is not to enforce morality. And yet you want to de-green him because of your opinion of his ethics? Even if Nation is unethical according to your personal code, this does not affect his capacity to move & lock threads, ban trolls and build a sense of community in his home forum.

Someone please lock this useless thread.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are fine with mods lying?

[/ QUOTE ]
??

I must have missed this.