Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: something I can\'t figure out about terrorism...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism is ment to be visible and shocking. A slow bleed of deaths from poisin isnt really what terrorists have in mind because it doesnt accomplish the same goals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anthrax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrorism is by deffinition a political weapon. The anthrax attacks were shocking, but they accomplished no political goal. No one took credit for them and as such it is really nothing more than an extremely sophisticated form of random violence. No more a terrorist act than the vT shootings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but thats not the point. Pretend someone DID take credit for them. I don't think Snowball is suggesting you just do these things and stay quiet about it.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism is ment to be visible and shocking. A slow bleed of deaths from poisin isnt really what terrorists have in mind because it doesnt accomplish the same goals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anthrax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrorism is by deffinition a political weapon. The anthrax attacks were shocking, but they accomplished no political goal. No one took credit for them and as such it is really nothing more than an extremely sophisticated form of random violence. No more a terrorist act than the vT shootings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but thats not the point. Pretend someone DID take credit for them. I don't think Snowball is suggesting you just do these things and stay quiet about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anthrax Coverup: A Government Insider Speaks Out
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/24273
2007-07-03, By Steve Watson
[ QUOTE ]

Francis A. Boyle, an international law expert who worked under the first Bush Administration as a bioweapons advisor in the 1980s, has said that he is convinced the October 2001 anthrax attacks that killed five people were perpetrated and covered up by criminal elements of the U.S. government. The motive: to foment a police state by killing off and intimidating opposition to post-9/11 legislation such as the USA PATRIOT Act and the later Military Commissions Act.

"Senators Tom Daschle (D-South Dakota) and Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont) were holding it up because they realized what this would lead to. The first draft of the PATRIOT Act would have suspended the writ of habeas corpus [which protects citizens from unlawful imprisonment and guarantees due process of law]. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, come these anthrax attacks."

"At the time I myself did not know precisely what was going on, either with respect to September 11 or the anthrax attacks, but then the New York Times revealed the technology behind the letter to Senator Daschle. [The anthrax used was] a trillion spores per gram, [refined with] special electro-static treatment. This is superweapons-grade anthrax that even the United States government, in its openly proclaimed programs, had never developed before. So it was obvious to me that this was from a U.S. government lab. There is nowhere else you could have gotten that."

[..]

After realizing that the anthrax attacks looked like a domestic job, Boyle called a high-level official in the FBI who deals with terrorism and counterterrorism, Marion "Spike" Bowman. Boyle and Bowman had met at a terrorism conference at the University of Michigan Law School. Boyle told Bowman that the only people who would have the capability to carry out the attacks were individuals working on U.S. government anthrax programs with access to a high-level biosafety lab. Boyle gave Bowman a full list of names of scientists, contractors and labs conducting anthrax work for the U.S. government and military.

[..]

"Soon after I informed Bowman of this information, the FBI authorized the destruction of the Ames cultural anthrax database," the professor said. The Ames strain turned out to be the same strain as the spores used in the attacks.

The alleged destruction of the anthrax culture collection at Ames, Iowa, from which the Fort Detrick lab got its pathogens, was blatant destruction of evidence. It meant that there was no way of finding out which strain was sent to whom to develop the larger breed of anthrax used in the attacks. The trail of genetic evidence would have led directly back to a secret government biowarfare program.

"Clearly, for the FBI to have authorized this was obstruction of justice, a federal crime," said Boyle. "That collection should have been preserved and protected as evidence. That's the DNA, the fingerprints right there. It later came out, of course, that this was Ames strain anthrax that was behind the Daschle and Leahy letters."

At that point, recounted Boyle, it became very clear to him that there was a coverup underway. He later discovered, while reading David Ray Griffin's book on the 9/11 attacks, The New Pearl Harbor, that Bowman was the same FBI agent who allegedly sabotaged the FISA warrant for access to [convicted co-conspirator] Zacharias Moussaoui's computer prior to 9/11. Moussaoui's computer contained information that could have helped prevent the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

In 2003, Bowman was promoted and given the Presidential Rank Award by FBI Director Robert S. Mueller. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) wrote a letter to Mueller, chastising the organization for granting such an honor to an agent who had so obviously compromised America's security.

[/ QUOTE ]

(articles on afterdowningstreet.org sometimes have a copyright notice, this one didn't, so I think it's ok to post this portion of the article)
Old 07-07-2007, 02:53 PM

I think you guys are understimating the most powerful weapon in combating terrorism : the idiot jihadists, still haven't figured out how to kill without getting killed, meaning terrorism ends itself on it's own ^_^ If all your most loyal supporters kill themselves, you're screwed.