Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The better flick is:
Firefox 3 42.86%
Coogan's Bluff 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to gives us Homework.

[ QUOTE ]
Ironic how a person that wishes less government intervention, insists upon heavy mod intervention in the free exchange of ideas.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even remotely ironic. The two are entirely dissimilar.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: About This Forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if it comes down to our innocent children or their innocent children dying (because of their actions), the choice is easy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their, you really believe in the crap that the Middle East as an entity is behind these actions? It is not really like Govman proposes to attack those who are behind the action even if it may result in civilian casualties. He proposes to kill the innocent ones as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the scale. Of course, minimizing the amount of collateral damage is best. If I can take out only the town of the serious threat to me, that is better than taking out the entire country. If I can take out one house, its better than taking out the town.

Collateral damage sucks, but I'd rather be alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are really paranoid. How many Americans have been killed from terrorism during the last decade? I guess more people are killed from drunk drivers that have already driven drunk before, kill all of them too, or is that suddenly too drastic? How many have been killed in the US by psychotic people, you want to kill everyone with that diagnosis too? Maybe just carpet bomb the psychiatric hospitals to be sure?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:52 AM

STOP CLUTTERING UP THIS THREAD !! if you want to carry on with this why not make an OP. No need to make this thread unreadable.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
STOP CLUTTERING UP THIS THREAD !! if you want to carry on with this why not make an OP. No need to make this thread unreadable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The discussion is very relevant, discussing the boundary between proposing war and proposing cold blooded murder.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:01 PM

well since you cant tell the difference between discussing the day to day operation of this forum, and post after post after post arguing about a different thread and topic ... carry on
Old 05-10-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh? Calling for the intervention of an authority to punish a 3rd party who you disagree with.... Is this not a common theme in both scenarios?

I like to smoke pot. If someone hates the fact I smoke pot, then they can call the authorities and I will be punished. Nielsio does not like Copernicus's ideas. So he calls a mod to temp ban him... No one was harming Nielsio nor threatening him.... Yet he wants to play the role of 'god' and controls others views. I see irony....
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well since you cant tell the difference between discussing the day to day operation of this forum, and post after post after post arguing about a different thread and topic ... carry on

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see many irrelevant posts here, it is all related to whether a ban should be issued or not, a very central part of "about the forums", it is rare to see more relevant posts to that than the last ones.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh? Calling for the intervention of an authority to punish a 3rd party who you disagree with.... Is this not a common theme in both scenarios?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. One involves voluntary participation and one does not. Makes it completely different.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. One involves voluntary participation and one does not. Makes it completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]
A person can voluntarily renounce their US citizenship and voluntarily immigrate to another country that will take them. This has happen many times before. Now....is that your ONLY excuse for Nielsio? or do you have another?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A person can voluntarily renounce their US citizenship and voluntarily immigrate to another country that will take them. This has happen many times before. Now....is that your ONLY excuse for Nielsio? or do you have another?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad that you're attacking the person who's saying that advocation of genocide is bad. It's really really sad.