Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Counting Outs
Bastard 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Frank to introduce bill.....

can we get a little back on track. also, could one of you in the know please make it super simple for everyone and make a post with the phone numbers of all the main players for us to call, the bill number, and then a link for everyone to find their own representative's phone numbers. Make it super easy for everyone to make a phone call. I will be calling/emailing everyone that I know to ask them to make a phone call, send an email, or send a letter.

i live in SC so the odds of my efforts affecting my bible thumping representatives is slim. But, I would rather waste an hour fighting this and failing than doing nothing and just getting steamrolled by the bureaucracy machine. To everyone, please make a call. It will take 5 minutes of your life and you never know if it will matter or not.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can we get a little back on track. also, could one of you in the know please make it super simple for everyone and make a post with the phone numbers of all the main players for us to call, the bill number, and then a link for everyone to find their own representative's phone numbers. Make it super easy for everyone to make a phone call. I will be calling/emailing everyone that I know to ask them to make a phone call, send an email, or send a letter.

i live in SC so the odds of my efforts affecting my bible thumping representatives is slim. But, I would rather waste an hour fighting this and failing than doing nothing and just getting steamrolled by the bureaucracy machine. To everyone, please make a call. It will take 5 minutes of your life and you never know if it will matter or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know atleast 3 other guys that will be calling in columbia/irmo tomorrow too, so now we got atleast 5!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Victor, there are days where I think I rag on you too much, and then you go on a tangent like this. GTFO.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee what will i ever do without your approval.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:38 AM

Anyone know if this will be on TV/internet this morning?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently you don't know jack shit about Wisconsin then. We're already a tax hell, and the [censored] that got re-elected as governor managed to still find almost $2,000,000,000.00 more [censored] to spend money on in our upcoming budget.

And it wasn't a new tax that got voted down. It was a bill that had failed SEVERAL TIMES to repeal the automatic increase in our gas tax that we've had for the past few decades. This bill finally passed (and with OVERWHELMING numbers) because someone decided to organize the masses and get them to call their representatives!

So stop pretending like you know what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for being so civil.

A couple points:

a) "voted down a tax increase" vs. "voted for a repeal of a tax increase" is semantics. Sorry I didn't word it properly.

b) I grew up in Wisconsin, my parents still live there, and I read the Journal-Sentinel almost regularly. So yeah, I think I know something about Wisconsin. Thanks for your concern, though.

Seriously, try being a little more calm in your posts. I know this is the internet and all, but you'll get along much better with people if you don't hurl swears and insults. I wasn't rude to you, so I would appreciate some common courtesy.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 AM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04..._uigea_repeal/

Legislation to be introduced at 10am. A step in the right direction...
Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so you call me a douche but you write [censored] like this

"Forty years ago pussies like you"

and

"Good point. Let's all just give up and do nothing. That should be more successful.

Thanks so much for the helpful advice.

Where else would that advice work? Hmmm....
- big guy punches me in the face and I don't think I can take him. If I'm Victor I guess I either run away or stand there and get my ass beat without punching back. After all, I can't take him so why be a man and try? Right?

- After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, it looked like we'd have our hands full without the ships that were sunk during the attack. I guess Victor would have bought us Japanese dictionaries.

Anyway, what are you, some religious-right [censored] here to unmotivate us? We're Americans and we should tell our congressmen how we feel. How the [censored] do we benefit by NOT writing? [censored] [censored] [censored]."

bc i state my opinion (despite making no recommendations) which happens to not jive with yours, you feel completely correct in insulting me.

you are blinded by your own self-righteousness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep calling us "self-righteous"? We're simply willing to take a stand for what we believe. Why do you keep disparaging that?

You keep saying we're wasting our time writing. Do you have proof of this? Any data? If not, it seems you could have at least stated that your opinions were just that....your opinions.

As for my earlier post, I stand by it. I've personally spent a lot of time and effort encouraging an effort to fight back, and many here have spent a lot of time fighting for online gambling in response (or independently of my effort). While it's an uphill struggle, we get more from fighting back than we do from doing nothing (as you propose). As you chose to disparage our effort, I chose to disparage your opinion (the one you stated as a fact).

Why do you even post at Legislation?
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM

anyone know if the coverage of this bill/legislation/whateva gonna be on cspan online
Old 04-26-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know if the coverage of this bill/legislation/whateva gonna be on cspan online

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 AM

hopefully...will just turn the tv on in 50 min