Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 4/17

Doug-

Thanks for the answers each month I think it really helps a lot of people to see where things are going. As far as the bonus releases go I think most everyone would like to continue to get their bonsus in $20 increments (please don't change that). The only thing I would change about that is to not have the pop up window everytime a bonus is released. That like the lobby popping up every time a table is closed can get a bit annoying. If you could just somehow figure out a way to release the bonus without that popup I can't imagine how anyone could complain about that structure.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:43 PM

One problem I've been experiencing:

This happened after the resizable update as well, but it is now significantly worse than in that update. When I have a lot of tables open and minimize some to the system tray, then try to restore them by clicking the "Full Tilt Poker" group and then the table name, they won't re-appear. Nothing I do will make the table come back up; my only option is to right-click the table name and close it, and then re-opening it. If I happen to be sitting at the table, then nothing I do will close the table (I'm assuming because it's asking "Are you sure you want to leave?" but I can't click it); in fact, the Full Tilt client won't even close, and I have to ctrl-alt-del it to quit. Since I always minimize my waitlisted tables to keep them from cluttering my screen, this is a huge PITA.

I talked to one of my friends that plays on FT and he said he experiences the same problem.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Doug: When will THIS be fixed.....

Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 PM

yellow screen of death FTW
Old 04-18-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One problem I've been experiencing:

This happened after the resizable update as well, but it is now significantly worse than in that update. When I have a lot of tables open and minimize some to the system tray, then try to restore them by clicking the "Full Tilt Poker" group and then the table name, they won't re-appear. Nothing I do will make the table come back up; my only option is to right-click the table name and close it, and then re-opening it. If I happen to be sitting at the table, then nothing I do will close the table (I'm assuming because it's asking "Are you sure you want to leave?" but I can't click it); in fact, the Full Tilt client won't even close, and I have to ctrl-alt-del it to quit. Since I always minimize my waitlisted tables to keep them from cluttering my screen, this is a huge PITA.

I talked to one of my friends that plays on FT and he said he experiences the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

try right clicking on the table name in the start menu and selecting restore.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 and 3/6 HU razz please

and is there any chance you can make the default buy in on HU hold'em tables something other then 10BB? You can't even complete a hand with that amount. I don't think it should be encouraged. If people want to play with 10BB stacks, that's fine, but I don't think people be encouraged to make a strategic mistake and have bad etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to like opponents who make strategic mistakes.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9. In response to the reply you gave about the rakeback situation for those who didn't sign up through affiliates: I just read through the last two FTP Answers threads and didn't see any explanation about why this is hard to do.

- Sorry, you're right, I didn't give a very good answer. Here's the issue: We actually tried this already, and it was a huge mess. For about 2 weeks in October, players without affiliates were allowed to move to an affiliate. Our affiliate department was spammed with requests, the message boards were spammed by affiliates just looking to move people, and the whole idea behind the affiliate program (to get new players) took a back seat to this new "land grab." There was a lot of fighting between affiliates and there were a lot of valid complaints coming from players that we couldn't move because they were already associated with an affiliate. The idea was quickly scrapped.

I agree that a lot of high volume players absolutely won't play on a site without rakeback, and everyone loses in those cases. We've been looking into possible solutions for that problem (special bonuses, for example) and will continue to do so, but I don't think we have any intention of opening up the floodgates again of players getting moved to affiliates. I know this isn't a very popular answer, and I'm going to do my best to never answer it again, but hopefully where we're coming from makes some sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a solution for this problem.

You guys tend to have random bonuses offered to certain players that is open during certain periods of time. What is stopping you from allowing certain brackets of people to joing rakeback programs for a pre-specified time-frame?

For example, you have 30K worth of players that you privately inform of a 2-week window to join a rakeback program. Perhaps you even sponser a couple of these programs as being superior. Then, if the players fail to join you close the offer and run it to the next group. You could either randomize the process or perhaps open the offer to lapsed players as well as active players.

The advantages are clear, you give your client-base what they want without opening the flood-gates. You control the flow and thus can accomadate your player-base without losing control and without allowing rakeback sites to go nuts trying to grab every current player they can. They will never know whose offer remains current and who is expired. A condition that current players already affiliated will NOT be elligable could be instituted as well, thus reducing the "land-grab" effect.

Please consider it.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do u not use flicker free since the resizeable update? For most people it wont even show up unless u used it.. now it flickers like crazy and redraws it like every 5 seconds for me if I'm not using it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno. I've never had a reason to turn flicker free drawing on.

My Lag is purely Full Tilt. Ive tried shutting down everything else and it still happens.

I'd add another GB of RAM if I could be convinced that it would absolutely end the problem, but at this point it just seems like that would be me throwing my money at a problem FTP created and basically refuses to acknowledge, and still just praying it helps.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:26 AM

I think YSOD is related to your internet connection. I used to play on a really weak wireless signal and would get that yellow screen freeze up all the time. Since I've switch to a direct cable connection, I've never had the yellow screen.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think YSOD is related to your internet connection. I used to play on a really weak wireless signal and would get that yellow screen freeze up all the time. Since I've switch to a direct cable connection, I've never had the yellow screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, but not likely. I've gotten it connected both ways. Possibly less connected wireless although I play less that way too.