Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Aussie Millions Thread

[ QUOTE ]
this whole thread has been filled with people discussing this matter. are you against free speech? can only afficionados of the game Magic: The Gathering express their opinions here?

[/ QUOTE ]

McCutter: "(Opinions)!"
Everyone else: "(Explanation of why the opposite view is correct)."
McCutter: "Omg you're oppressing me."
Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, that's enough, McCutter. 10 of your 62 posts have been about how he got lucky in this one tournament. You've made your opinion well-known. Any more and you are highly likely to be banned for trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

And ten more of his posts have been about how he hates it when Esfandiari says "Wheeeeee!"

Quality poster.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:43 PM

1) Jimmy Fricke just doubled up another player immediately by moving in on a flush draw when his opponent held two pair. Fricke missed this draw as well, losing the 900k pot.

2) Jimmy Fricke raised preflop and Ville Laukkanen pushed in. Fricke called and the players showed:

Ville Laukkanen 2c2h
Jimmy Fricke Kc7s

The board came Jd9c8sAd10s and Fricke took the pot with a straight to eliminate Ville Laukkanen in 20th place with $60,000.

3) On a flop of Qs9c2h, there was around 200k in the pot when Shane Schleger moved all in for 650k total. Jimmy Fricke called and the players showed:

Shane Schleger QhJh
Jimmy Fricke Qs10s

The turn and river came KsJd for Fricke to make a straight on the river and eliminate Schleger in 19th place with $60,000. Jimmy Fricke is our chipleader with just under 3m.

4) Jimmy Fricke had Nathan Bobik all in preflop for about 500k.

Nathan Bobik KK
Jimmy Fricke 1010

The As10c8h flop gave Fricke a set of 10's and the Js turn and 2d river sent Bobik home in 18th place. He made $90,000.

5) Paul Wasicka got all in pre-flop against Jimmy Fricke and the players turned up:

Paul Wasicka Ac10d
Jimmy Fricke KdJs

The board came Kh9s4h6s3d for Fricke to eliminate Wasicka in 12th place with $120,000.

6) Marc Karam raised from early position with a call from Jimmy Fricke. Jakob Glassi pushed in from the button and Fricke was the only caller. The players turned up:

Jakob Glassi JcJh
Jimmy Fricke Ah10d

The board came As6c5s6h8c giving Fricke two pair, A's and 6's to win the hand. Jakob Glassi was eliminated in 8th place with $155,000.

7) Gus raised to 105k and Jimmy Fricke called on the button.

Flop 8h4s3c
Hansen bet 140k
Fricke called

Turn Qd
Hansen bet 330k
Fricke called

River Ac
Hansen bet 770k
Fricke commented, "I have no idea how I got to this decision on this hand," measured out his chips to think for a moment, then called.

Jimmy Fricke AdJc
Gus Hansen 3s2s

Fricke called Hansen down with A to catch the top pair on the river.

8) Gus Hansen raised to 300k on the button and Jimmy Fricke called.

Flop AcKs7h
Fricke checked
Hansen bet 350k
Fricke called

Turn 8c
Fricke checked
Hansen moved all in for 3.1m
Fricke called

Gus Hansen As2s
Jimmy Fricke KhQh

Gus Hansen doubled through Jimmy Fricke when the 5c fell on the river.

9) Gus Hansen bet 425k and Jimmy Fricke called.

Flop Jd10d10h
Fricke checked
Hansen bet 500k and Fricke immediately moved all in for 4.3m. Hansen began talking to himself, "I could be up against that...I could be up against that...this could be the worst call ever...he could have that...he could have that...wow...wow...I call."

Jimmy Fricke KdQc
Gus Hansen AhKh

Hansen made a huge call and is in the lead. A 9 is the only card that can help Fricke unless he makes runner-runner. The turn brought the 10s and a Q will also give Fricke the pot. The river 9c gave Fricke yet another river suck-out giving Fricke a straight.

10) Jimmy Fricke limped on the button, Gus Hansen raised to 450k and Fricke called.

KdJc6s
Hansen checked and Jimmy Fricke moved all in. Hansen quickly called.

Gus Hansen Ks10h
Jimmy Fricke Qh9s

The turn 5c didn't give Hansen too much comfort as the river has been Fricke's friend throughout the tournament. But the 6h shipped the pot and chip lead to Hansen.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 PM

You do know that stack sizes/pot odds/size of blinds are important in a lot of those hands. I dont see any mention of them in your " i hate jimmy Fricke and heres proof that he sucks" list.

just saying. But you know better and who am i to question your greatness?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Jimmy Fricke just doubled up another player immediately by moving in on a flush draw when his opponent held two pair. Fricke missed this draw as well, losing the 900k pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened A4ss for a raise. Shane calls in the sb, bb (Julius Colman) calls. Flop Q63ss. Shane bets out about 2/3 pot, Julius shoves for about 400k. There's about 800k in the pot and a shove gets shane to fold everything but a set. Getting 2:1 and I'm even money against KQ or a hand like it, and Julius' range is a lot bigger than hands like that in this spot. I shove to isolate, shane folds, Julius turns over Q3s. Him having two pair in this spot is ridiculously unlucky for me.
[ QUOTE ]

2) Jimmy Fricke raised preflop and Ville Laukkanen pushed in. Fricke called and the players showed:

Ville Laukkanen 2c2h
Jimmy Fricke Kc7s

The board came Jd9c8sAd10s and Fricke took the pot with a straight to eliminate Ville Laukkanen in 20th place with $60,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was raising all sorts of trash, the table was playing way too tight. Finally one of them shoves over me with no fold equity since I was getting about 2.2 to 1 on a call. If he turns over AQ I should call, let alone 22. Folding here would be terrible.
[ QUOTE ]

3) On a flop of Qs9c2h, there was around 200k in the pot when Shane Schleger moved all in for 650k total. Jimmy Fricke called and the players showed:

Shane Schleger QhJh
Jimmy Fricke Qs10s

The turn and river came KsJd for Fricke to make a straight on the river and eliminate Schleger in 19th place with $60,000. Jimmy Fricke is our chipleader with just under 3m.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack sizes are different from what they reported here, and calling is pretty borderline and honestly I think it's a bad call in retrospect (but not because I was behind in the situation). But still, I've talked to a lot of friends who think the call is fine.

[ QUOTE ]
4) Jimmy Fricke had Nathan Bobik all in preflop for about 500k.

Nathan Bobik KK
Jimmy Fricke 1010

The As10c8h flop gave Fricke a set of 10's and the Js turn and 2d river sent Bobik home in 18th place. He made $90,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're playing 5 handed and I have tens. He has 20 big blinds and open raises from the CO. How would you advise I play this hand?
[ QUOTE ]

5) Paul Wasicka got all in pre-flop against Jimmy Fricke and the players turned up:

Paul Wasicka Ac10d
Jimmy Fricke KdJs

The board came Kh9s4h6s3d for Fricke to eliminate Wasicka in 12th place with $120,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 2:1 on a call and I'm a 40% dog against his hand and probably about 35% against his range. Easy call playing 4 handed.

[ QUOTE ]
6) Marc Karam raised from early position with a call from Jimmy Fricke. Jakob Glassi pushed in from the button and Fricke was the only caller. The players turned up:

Jakob Glassi JcJh
Jimmy Fricke Ah10d

The board came As6c5s6h8c giving Fricke two pair, A's and 6's to win the hand. Jakob Glassi was eliminated in 8th place with $155,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Marc limped from utg and I limped behind. Then Jakob crammed for about 12 bb's or so, and this was two hands after I made a big bluff against him and showed. There is a very easy chance he has a smallish pair here, two broadway cards or even something like A7 if he's tilting. Another easy call.

[ QUOTE ]
7) Gus raised to 105k and Jimmy Fricke called on the button.

Flop 8h4s3c
Hansen bet 140k
Fricke called

Turn Qd
Hansen bet 330k
Fricke called

River Ac
Hansen bet 770k
Fricke commented, "I have no idea how I got to this decision on this hand," measured out his chips to think for a moment, then called.

Jimmy Fricke AdJc
Gus Hansen 3s2s

Fricke called Hansen down with A to catch the top pair on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think I'm calling the river with ace high unimproved? I knew gus had [censored] but I thought his [censored] might be better than mine on the flop or turn. I was thinking about RAISING the river, not if I was going to call. Gus never wins this hand unless he hits two pair or trips on the river when he's out of position.
[ QUOTE ]

8) Gus Hansen raised to 300k on the button and Jimmy Fricke called.

Flop AcKs7h
Fricke checked
Hansen bet 350k
Fricke called

Turn 8c
Fricke checked
Hansen moved all in for 3.1m
Fricke called

Gus Hansen As2s
Jimmy Fricke KhQh

Gus Hansen doubled through Jimmy Fricke when the 5c fell on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was HU and he was overbetting almost every hand we played HU to this point. He won the pot, why do you have a beef with me on this? You're not talking about the times that gus called someone with K5ss and didn't suck out.

[ QUOTE ]

9) Gus Hansen bet 425k and Jimmy Fricke called.

Flop Jd10d10h
Fricke checked
Hansen bet 500k and Fricke immediately moved all in for 4.3m. Hansen began talking to himself, "I could be up against that...I could be up against that...this could be the worst call ever...he could have that...he could have that...wow...wow...I call."

Jimmy Fricke KdQc
Gus Hansen AhKh

Hansen made a huge call and is in the lead. A 9 is the only card that can help Fricke unless he makes runner-runner. The turn brought the 10s and a Q will also give Fricke the pot. The river 9c gave Fricke yet another river suck-out giving Fricke a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me how you play this hand. KQ is a huge hand HU and after flopping ridiculous, gus makes a pretty crazy call given that he has to call so much and I'm never pushing with pure air here. You can talk about reads as much as you want, but I don't call here just because I'm capable of shoving a ten here.

[ QUOTE ]
10) Jimmy Fricke limped on the button, Gus Hansen raised to 450k and Fricke called.

KdJc6s
Hansen checked and Jimmy Fricke moved all in. Hansen quickly called.

Gus Hansen Ks10h
Jimmy Fricke Qh9s

The turn 5c didn't give Hansen too much comfort as the river has been Fricke's friend throughout the tournament. But the 6h shipped the pot and chip lead to Hansen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gus has been raising every single pot and flopping top pair every single hand. I finally connect with something, so my gutshot is good and my queen is probably good. I move in, he has top pair yet AGAIN and doubles up.

Overall, I don't know what your problem is with me. You seem just like a trolling douchebag who sees young kids coming in and disrupting your burly pros who have been crushing for the past few years. Seriously, why are you such a fanboy that you can't accept someone's success in a game that you clearly have no chance of understanding?

Your analysis seems to be:

Best hand = good player.
Worst hand = bad player.

But if your opponent magically folds when they have the best hand, it was well played!

You clearly don't understand what you're talking about and I don't even know why I spent all this time writing up this post. Cope.

Jimmy
Old 05-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Gobbo, thanks for posting all of that. I don't think he's ever going to listen, but I certainly enjoy hearing your analysis, especially the "ace on the river" hand.

I'll bet you'd have been sick if Hansen had turned over AK there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Shane Schleger QhJh
Jimmy Fricke Qs10s

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stack sizes are different from what they reported here, and calling is pretty borderline and honestly I think it's a bad call in retrospect (but not because I was behind in the situation). But still, I've talked to a lot of friends who think that the call is fine. "

Jimmy, you were 11 perecent there. Why are you justifying the mistake with "my friends said it was ok."

Your hand analysis is impressive and I appreciate your going into such detail. I still think you are quite weak in the aera of reading the other players. All of your analysis consisted of math analysis. That is a big part of my point here. You play live poker like you are playing online (do you even look at the other players?).

So you constantly push all in with your hands if the math even semi-justifies it. Then you rationalize how correct you were afterwards (even if you suck out like a maniac).

Old 05-14-2007, 04:50 PM

LOL.

Have you ever heard of being 'results oriented'? If Shane has JT here or A9, do you now think it's a good call? Poker players who play tons of hands have to think about what is good in the long run. People play hands exactly the same way with a multitude of hands. It's your job to figure out what hands they do that with and use the amount in the pot to figure out what your best option is.

When the money goes in, there's nothing you can do. I usually don't get emotional at the table... the 3 hours period where I was on a complete roller coaster was the only time I showed any emotion in Australia. I was happy about the way I played tons of hands.

And as for reading people... just because someone is nervous and I can tell that doesn't mean I know exactly what they have. When Shane shoves that flop with QJ he doesn't expect to be called by worse... No one expects their opponents to make hero calls. For the first 20 seconds he probably was pretty damn nervous about me calling with KQ, something I would've done for sure. If I read him for being nervous, I have to interpret THAT too.

And honestly, I DON'T look at other players that much live simply because people overcompensate when looking at them. If someone makes a bad call and justifies it with a read they got but they turn out to have the best hand then they look like a genius, but no one remembers the times they call and their opponents roll the nuts and they look like an idiot. I look at basic things in spots where they're either bluffing or have close to the nuts and see if they're comfortable, but if the way they played the hand tells me that they have worse than me, then I call. The internet pros are a lot better at pure poker skill than the live players for this reason.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The internet pros are a lot better at pure poker skill than the live players for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're leveling, right?
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The internet pros are a lot better at pure poker skill than the live players for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're leveling, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you?