Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Style opinion and social commentary on clothing

When it comes to plain tshirts like this, whether they look good or not will depend on whether you look good or not. You know if you can pull it off.

As a general rule, I don't like writing/random pictures. However, I do like non-random writing/pics that doesn't take up the whole shirt. Stuff that may be a conversation starter.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM

Diablo,

The trouble with nice t-shirts is the materials. You cannot sell a cheap cotton shirt with a nice design on it, for more than 30$. That's because the material sucks. Why buy these clothes? For women to notice you. What do they notice, a funky pattern that shines (as lame as that sounds) or a plain white t-shirt with a few eagles or whatever on there. When you go out, you should be wearing clothes that would be considered gay or over the top if you wore them during daylight, and these shirts are as good as any.

I bet they also feel nice and you can tell they're not 15$ shirts. In the end, you wear clothes that fit you well and demostrate class. That's why you buy diesel jeans and not Old Navy. Now everyone who argues they just want plain shirts, are the same folks who don't go clubbing and think 100$ for a nice shirt is crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al and others,

I actually really liked the designs a lot, but am not into the text/slogans. Actually, the first one I might like if the design were on the front. The third one I really like the design and layout, I just hate the text. I tried to buy them, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger.

Here is one I actually bought by them (long sleeve) that I love (which made me want to buy more from this designer):

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno why you're paying 60+ plus for this. they aren't bad, but looks like anything/everything express for men makes.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Let me know when they are for sale. I am looking forward to people asking me about my shirt.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 PM

This is the only shirt you've posted in this thread that I like. Maybe it's because I like black shirts in general, but also the design is simple and aesthetically pleasing. Frankly though, I'm just waiting for this indie-ish looking t-shirt fad to disappear. Not that I'm fashionable myself or anything, but if I were to try to be, I wouldn't go in that direction.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo,

The trouble with nice t-shirts is the materials. You cannot sell a cheap cotton shirt with a nice design on it, for more than 30$. That's because the material sucks. Why buy these clothes? For women to notice you. What do they notice, a funky pattern that shines (as lame as that sounds) or a plain white t-shirt with a few eagles or whatever on there. When you go out, you should be wearing clothes that would be considered gay or over the top if you wore them during daylight, and these shirts are as good as any.

I bet they also feel nice and you can tell they're not 15$ shirts. In the end, you wear clothes that fit you well and demostrate class. That's why you buy diesel jeans and not Old Navy. Now everyone who argues they just want plain shirts, are the same folks who don't go clubbing and think 100$ for a nice shirt is crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 AM

Alex,

I totally agree wrt paying for quality materials/fabrics/workmanship. That's one of the main things I look for in clothing, especially since a lot of what I wear is plain colored or with super simple designs or textures.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 AM

CDS,

"Gay t-shirt says im trying to hard."

Totally agree that your shirts would probably be funnier and the wearers would likely be much cooler.

But we are pretty much going to be marketing to people who try way too hard and pay way too much money for stuff.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 AM

Diablo,

More talk about your t shirt company please!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 AM

I like t-shirts like these as layering pieces. Think House. That's one of my favorite casual looks, but I usually do polos and sweaters.
Closed Thread