FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Samsung 204B or Dell 2007WFP
Dell 2007WFP 5 35.71%
Samsung 204B 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL microbrew thread:April**

I love how winning or losing 1 or 2 big hands can turn a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] into a [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] or vice versa. Win with KK vs AK and I got a 60 win instead of a 70 loss.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sup, in order to play those stats, you need awesome handreading skills and be able to make moves on people .... you cant at 25NL

For one thing your aggression sucks ... and secondly I'd tighten up your vpip to something like 18 untill you play higher stakes (and I prefer my pfr to be around 17 when playing a vpip of 18, but others settle for 14)

But that aside, your biggest problem is basically that you are raising too little and calling too much

[/ QUOTE ]
At 10NL especially, limping behind is much more profitable iwht hands like 22-66, suited connectors, etc. at many tables because players simply don't fold QJo and it's difficult to play postflop if you miss the set, especially if they call whiffed overs and float a certain %. I play very passively OOP, and very aggressively in position.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sup, in order to play those stats, you need awesome handreading skills and be able to make moves on people .... you cant at 25NL

For one thing your aggression sucks ... and secondly I'd tighten up your vpip to something like 18 untill you play higher stakes (and I prefer my pfr to be around 17 when playing a vpip of 18, but others settle for 14)

But that aside, your biggest problem is basically that you are raising too little and calling too much

[/ QUOTE ]

Stats aside, I've watched your video 3 times now and I play much more aggressively than you do in position (no offense), I just don't make many thin value bets OOP, I try to steal limped pots less often, etc.
I'm also not sure what's wrong with 2.5-3 postflop aggression, that is not a passive playing style at all.

And also, I'm not sure where I should be tightening up, moving to VPIP would require what? My raising range is basically 55+ AJs+ AQo+ UTG, (limp other pairs, as well as ATs, KQs if everyone at the table is playing passively), any pair, KJs+, 67s+, ATo+, A8s+ from the CO/OTB. I call/reraise raises with AJs+, AQo+, pairs, and KQs.

Obviously this slightly changes based on who I'm up against but I don't think this range is anything but standard. 18/17 would be insane, basically only play AQs+ for a raise and reraise with it 90% of the time, reraise with all pairs, etc.

Really, the thing that seperates my PFR from my VPIP is that I often complete in the SB with connectors if the pot is multiway, and I generally smoothcall raises with mid pocket pairs/AJ, AQ, KQ.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At 10NL especially, limping behind is much more profitable iwht hands like 22-66, suited connectors, etc. at many tables because players simply don't fold QJo and it's difficult to play postflop if you miss the set, especially if they call whiffed overs and float a certain %. I play very passively OOP, and very aggressively in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and by that reasoning playing a 23/15 style is ... well you are pushing small edges.

If we are to follow your argumentation, you should simply narrow it down and tighen up. Thread TPTK like the nuts and take them to valuetown.

Raise 66, if HU then cbet else play for setvalue.

And don't play any hands UTG and UTG+1 but premiums.

If bored, then add a couple of tables.

Profit, then move up to where they respect your raises and unwind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello, I'm a newb/lurker that enjoys this forum. That being said, lately I've seen some pretty retarded advice in uNL.

Who are some of the posters we should all be listening to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should listen to the advice of every poster than using your own brain determine whose advice is the best. i.e if I say call, thac says raise, gelford says fold, ama says push, you should try and realize why each one of us said what we said and which is the best. This shouldnt be a place where you get a direct answer, it should be a place where answers are brainstormed and debated, coming to your own conclusion.

Welcome to uNL yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn it I'm so inarticulate. That's exactly what I was trying to say earlier. Also, try posting more instead of lurking, it makes you really think out your responses much more and makes you responsible for what you say. I lurked a ton here earlier, and I thought that I was improving but I really wasn't retaining anything that I read.

If anyone has the link to the origin of the term 'Grunch' it again explains what I'm trying to say better than I did.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stats aside, I've watched your video 3 times now

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, that makes me think that it is not that bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

and I play much more aggressively than you do in position (no offense), I just don't make many thin value bets OOP, I try to steal limped pots less often, etc.
I'm also not sure what's wrong with 2.5-3 postflop aggression, that is not a passive playing style at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me

I am hyperaggro OOP. You have no control, so I am basically going medieval on everyone. 3betting a lot and with a higher degree of 2nd barrels etc.

In position there is room to manuveur ... you can check behind, you can potcontrol and/or take free cards and you have better reads, so here I get tricky, speculative and take free cards. I also have a lot more respect for an OOP villian that keeps 'Hanging around' than one in position.

Actually the aggression discussion is overkill at 10NL and 25NL cos the opposition is so weak, they can fold, so you can chase and catch and get paid off ... etc.

But once you hit 100NL a total postflop aggression of 3 is going to struggle.

Mine is 8 and I feel Im not aggressive enough (actually my flop aggression might be over the top but turn and especially river aggression is struggling.)
Old 04-02-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and by that reasoning playing a 23/15 style is ... well you are pushing small edges.

If we are to follow your argumentation, you should simply narrow it down and tighen up. Thread TPTK like the nuts and take them to valuetown.

Raise 66, if HU then cbet else play for setvalue.

And don't play any hands UTG and UTG+1 but premiums.

If bored, then add a couple of tables.

Profit, then move up to where they respect your raises and unwind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I do open raise 66, but if the action to me is L/P MP limps, CO limps, Button limps, I'm SB with 66, I'm not raising... I'll get several callers, be OOP with a hand that misses most flops... I just complete here. I generally also limp behind 55 and below if someone else limps ahead of me.

I generally also consider my edge to be outplaying people postflop, against players with 40-60VPIP and 2% preflop raise, it doesn't take much to be way ahead of their range, b/c they'll get taken to valuetown when they flop top pair no kicker after limp/calling K3
Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 PM

When you limp after limpers, if you raise with 66/55 ... how many will fold ?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
depends on the players, but usually ballpark 40% are limp/calling
Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
depends on the players, but usually ballpark 40% are limp/calling

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well if confident that they will pay your set of, then I have no problem with limping ... If a raise will get it HU, then that is preferable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread