Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

So, is Pokertracker illegal to use at WPEX? It's the only software I use, no HUDs or hotkey software. Am I at any risk here?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, is Pokertracker illegal to use at WPEX? It's the only software I use, no HUDs or hotkey software. Am I at any risk here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Software to analyze your own play is fine.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 PM

I have contacted the player and given him email instructions. We will install his tools and if they are harmless tools that set off a false positive, we will free up all of his funds. Of course we will also apologize in public and in private. I am sure this will take a few days.

As of now, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

WSEX does not owe anyone a warning. You get your warning the day you sign up. If you are using bots, we will close your account. Same thing goes for collusion or dumping if we can prove it.

As I have said before, we offer a poker platform for people to play poker, not run automated strip-mining operations. If you want to data mine, electronically profile players, or use automated play, we are not the place for you, go away. If you want to enjoy a game of rake free poker, welcome. I don't think anyone who is just doing that will have any problems.

This is a business. This is not a democracy. This is not a court of law. We have been in this business for 11 years. Our reputation is impeccable. Our founders have gone to the mat for this industry year after year. We are known for always doing the right thing and quite often erring on the side of the player. If the player is ultimately not satisfied with our findings, he is free to take it to Antigua Gaming and we will respect their decision.

I will review our Terms and Conditions in the near future.

I think that covers everything for now.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com
Old 03-21-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a business. This is not a democracy. This is not a court of law.

[/ QUOTE ]

WPX... straight up gangsta!

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 PM

Remember a few months ago WSEX didn't even think it was necessary to SSL-protect their web site login! Given that, plus their (in)competence with their software (socket errors and disconnects anyone?), I'd give the player the benefit of the doubt far before WSEX.

Also consider this:

Nowhere in their signup process do you agree to any Terms and Conditions! Seriously, NOWHERE! So unless they claim you somehow sign off on their entire web site when you play there, all this talk about what's illegal or not is basically meaningless. They talk about their T&C all the time, well where exactly are the T&C, and when did anybody agree to them?

Now, whether the Antigua Gaming Commission or whatever would take a piddly little user's side on any of this is another question....
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 PM

I went to WSEX to play poker now due to this post, and if I win today I will bet + on some sportsbet.

Whatever the outcome of this particular case is, the fact stands that WSEx is taking steps to keep game clean from bots.

ToT
Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Software to analyze your own play is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx. BTW I fully support WPEX until I see a reason not to. They have the best customer support as evidenced by their presence on these boards, along with their obvious generosity of 100% rakeback.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 PM

Fred....awesome....high five...
Old 03-21-2007, 10:15 PM

I'm seeing this a little late, but first, kudo's for attempting to stop the use of bots. I have no sympathy for anyone caught using them.

Personally, I have been thinking about opening an account on WPEX, and this thread won't stop me, but I would like some clarification on the following:

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to data mine, electronically profile players, or use automated play, we are not the place for you, go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

By this, do you mean PokerTracker? I use PokerTracker as a means to track my OWN play for tax purposes as well as keeping data on opponents. I won't play on a site that disallows it. If you just don't permit HUD's, then I'm fine with that. If you mean PokerTracker, then I will gladly stay away.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to data mine, electronically profile players, or use automated play, we are not the place for you, go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest putting this on your site. More specifically, I would suggest listing the programs that you don't allow.

I checked your site and all I found was this sentence talking about illegal software programs:

The use of such “bot” software programs violates our Terms and Conditions of Use, and is detrimental to other players.

As far as I know, the programs the OP used (assuming those are the only ones) are not considered "bots" to 99.9% of the internet poker community.

Disclaimer: I do not play at WSEX and only very infrequently use PokerOffice (haven't used it in months). I do, however, find nothing wrong with using PokerTracker, PokerOffice, or HUD's as long as the only data that is collected/used is from players with whom someone has been seated.