Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: ***ELIMINATION NIGHT - TOP 12 3/8/2007 OFFICIAL THREAD***

Meh, it's just a part of internet forum discussion. Immature, probably, but you learn to ignore it and move on.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if Antonella had a large amount of "illegal" votes that needed to be thrown out, more than 5 phone calls from the same person etc, thus throwing off dialidol.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that a rule? or are you saying that they'd just find something to get rid of her??

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that they used to have a 5-votes per phone line rule, because my roommate's girlfriend used to vote for Clay in season 2 and she used to quote that rule. I didn't see it on their rules site though. What I did see in their FAQ was this:

[ QUOTE ]

What's being done about power dialing?
Production will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified 'power dialing' votes.

Why can't I vote via the toll-free numbers using a payphone?
Votes from payphones will be blocked. To vote for your favorite contestant, use a standard land line telephone or cell phone. Charges may apply when using your cell phone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Production will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified 'power dialing' votes.

Votes from payphones will be blocked. To vote for your favorite contestant, use a standard land line telephone or cell phone. Charges may apply when using your cell phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go, 100% completed rigged.... which is what i've basically thought....
Old 03-09-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go, 100% completed rigged.... which is what i've basically thought....

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were rigged, I don't think Taylor would have won last year.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it were rigged, I don't think Taylor would have won last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, although they have backed him when they saw how much support he had.... but you're right, on the surface, you think they'd have backed daughtry or katharine
Old 03-09-2007, 01:06 AM

so much for it being a singing contest, the fact that sanjaya( whose is probably the worst finalist EVER on idol)is winning the popularity vote with the teeny-boppers which is a large segment of the show...i would not be surprised if he goes deep, since good singing is no longer a criteria...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 AM

You guys think that Sanjaya's voting base is teenyboppers? I have been under the impression that his continued existence in the show is a minor form of terrorism.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 AM

I know i am in the minority but I think Haley has a nice tone to her voice and Sabrina was a screamer who could certainly sing but I didn't like the tone of her voice. Haley won't win but the vote surprised me but didn't shock me. I was happy about it. There are other shouters among the woman but I am not including Lakisha or Melinda, they are fantastic. I could care less about any of the men they will be lucky to get 2 in the top 6.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 AM

oh by the way I am an old fart who loved the old music when I was in my teens in the 60s.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys think that Sanjaya's voting base is teenyboppers? I have been under the impression that his continued existence in the show is a minor form of terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahha - DeezNuts thought it was Indian call centers but I think their votes do not count.

-Al