Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: What happened to Josh Arieh?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought arieh was a pretty interesting character. that laydown of the 2nd nut flush was like the best play ive ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that was insane. murphy shoved like 1.5x pot on river though which made it a little easier, but still.

I don't think he's busto, mostly b/c he made that 2.5 at the series and I haven't heard anything about him donking it up in big cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

in a local newspaper in ATL, he is quoted as saying playing cash games is absolutely nonsensical to him given his situation. he is backed in tournaments by lindgren.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought arieh was a pretty interesting character. that laydown of the 2nd nut flush was like the best play ive ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that was insane. murphy shoved like 1.5x pot on river though which made it a little easier, but still.

I don't think he's busto, mostly b/c he made that 2.5 at the series and I haven't heard anything about him donking it up in big cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

in a local newspaper in ATL, he is quoted as saying playing cash games is absolutely nonsensical to him given his situation. he is backed in tournaments by lindgren.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? What situation is that? Living in Atlanta? Being a losing cash game player? What am I missing?
Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 AM

Yeah, he was a freak
Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? What situation is that? Living in Atlanta? Being a losing cash game player? What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means that he just doesn't like the grind of cash games, and now after his big win he doesn't have to play them to build/support his bankroll like he did earlier in his career.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey that tshirt looks really trendy where can I get one?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:14 AM

Wow, I have nothing against Arieh and dont really look down upon him b/c of his actions/demeanor on TV. BUT.... those have to be the lamest t-shirts of all time.

Seriously, when I started reading this post and someone was dissing him for trying to get into the clothing business i thought it was just sour grapes, but after seeing pics of the atrocities he created it is quite clear that karma will dictate that he never wins another poker hand.

decisions...decisions
Old 04-22-2007, 01:29 PM

He has as much creativity as he does class.

I'll say one thing for the guy though.. he acts the way I think about 90% of the regular high stakes players would if the cameras weren't on.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 PM

<3 Josh Arieh
Old 04-22-2007, 09:51 PM

hate this guy almost as much as I hate David Williams
both seem like arrogant pricks from the limited camera time I have seen
Old 04-23-2007, 01:55 AM

I wouldn't compare DW with JA. DW is over-rated but I haven't seen him act obnoxious at the table. I remember once he even asked D'Agostino if he wanted to see--rather than flash the bluff outright, as Arieh will do with plenty of emphasis each and every time.

Josh if you're reading this you're a spoiled self-important little [censored] who really needs to grow up.