Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: the well: KRANTZ

KRANTZ,

Thoughts on NLTAP? I hear alot of decent NL players slamming the book. I am a decent 2/4 limit player, and am trying to learn NL.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KRANTZ,

Thoughts on NLTAP? I hear alot of decent NL players slamming the book. I am a decent 2/4 limit player, and am trying to learn NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's required reading, but don't marry yourself to it. it does a great job of explaining some basic and other advanced, intuitive concepts... although there is no really good, definitive book on NL out there and I doubt there ever will be.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:58 AM

"i also contributed to some of the most creative aspects of my fraternity's pledge programs ever, i think"

My friend who is the rush chair for my frat just asked me for some ideas.... Want to share any good ones?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"i also contributed to some of the most creative aspects of my fraternity's pledge programs ever, i think"

My friend who is the rush chair for my frat just asked me for some ideas.... Want to share any good ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

for rush or for pledging?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:04 AM

Krantz hazing freshmen *shudders*
Old 03-04-2007, 02:04 AM

both actually... rush is more important though obviously
Old 03-04-2007, 02:20 AM

rush - we had a dry rush, but some good events were pickup basketball/football, going to a restaurant/pool hall with a hot sorority, going to a hockey/basketball game, kickball with a hot sorority... actually anything involving hot girls coming there with have some association with you guys.

pledging: man. so much crazy [censored]. one time i got 6 of them stoned and packed them into a car with pillowcases over their heads. drove them around for 30 min and then dropped them off a block away from the house. told them to find their way back and drove off. they were really confused, got back to the house within 5 minutes. everyone was sitting exactly where they were doing the exact same thing they were doing right before we left, same conversations, everything. i got up from the same spot i was sitting in, put them back in the car again, and drove them around, dropped them off a block away. same thing, repeat like 5 times. some of the kids started mumbling to themselves, singing songs, one guy towards the end starting making out with a broom that was lying on the porch.

no right turns allowed while in the house (i think lots of fraternities do this, at least i don't think it's unique). so in order to go right they have to keep turning left. pretty funny to watch.

hula-hoop day: one pledge has to be outside the student union or some other popular public place all day, they can rotate, but hula hooping nonstop. they can't say anything to anyone about why they're hula hooping or what they're doing, straight face, just hula-ing.

i was also responsible for some nifty pledge names, including Dildo Faggins and Optimus Prime
Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 AM

Haha good stuff man... This last quarter we got in trouble for hazing so we might have to push these ideas back for Fall '08. I agree the hot sorority thing is pretty much the best way to get rushes. I love the stoned pillowcases idea.

Thanks for the ideas

darnold
Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 AM

Doesn't it bother you to give away precious information/analysis that you have come up with to your students for a lot less than it's really worth?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it bother you to give away precious information/analysis that you have come up with to your students for a lot less than it's really worth?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question, and i'm falling asleep so i can't answer it well enough right now. will get to it and anything else in the AM.