Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: RAP FANS

[ QUOTE ]
My God, I've never laughed so hard in my life. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread. TX guys.

[/ QUOTE ]I forgot, you Marines like Toby Keith, right?
Old 01-05-2006, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My God, I've never laughed so hard in my life. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread. TX guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a douchebag.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is one of the most innovative and creative rappers out there

[/ QUOTE ]

This is making more sense now... seriously. Honestly, I'm not saying Tech 9 isn't creative, he may be light years ahead of Jay-Z as far as creativity goes, but i guess that's not what I look for in a rapper. Let me try to compare Jay-Z to T9...

Jay basically plays by the "rules" of rap. He doesn't really get out of line too often. He raps about the same things others rap about + more things which = him a better rapper than 99% of other people spittin. T9 on the other hand is more "off the wall" and touches on things that few rappers talk about which = him being more creative than 99% of rappers.

With that said, I can repect the fact you like Tech 9 better, but I perfer Jay because he basically does the best he can within the "rap" boundaries. T9 is free to rap about whatever he wants. I'm guessing that T9 tries to step his game up by thinking of entirely new concepts for songs, while Jay just uses the same concepts, but uses nearly perfect wordplay. IMO he has the best wordplay of any rapper in history, and sees the irony in our language. I don't think it's even close. Jadakiss might be a close second.

The best example of creativity vs. "following the rules" I can think of would be Nas's "Rewind". I have to admidt that it's a cool song, and it's amazing how he came up with the concept of telling a story backwards... but at the end of the day it's just a fictional story. Not real. Jay-Z's wordplay on "Where I'm From" is ridiculous, and he focuses mainly on that rather than an off the wall idea (no matter how good one might be)

Post Postatono, Hov' hangin with Bono
you too can live like Salvatore Ferragamo
And you too can cool out poolside at the Delano
if you too flowed like you was out of your mind yo
Cause who knew dude who loved apple pies from McDonalds
Would soon be the boss of the Big Apple , ya know
-Jay-Z

He pwns the english language like this in nearly every song, this one is just a little more blatant.

Mind blowing. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2006, 07:13 AM

What does Tech rap about thats "off the wall?" Just admit you haven't heard any of his music.

I read your comment about that Nas song and I honestly don't know what to say to you. You might be the biggest retard I have ever heard of. At the end of the day it's just a fictional story? LMAO
Old 01-05-2006, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does Tech rap about thats "off the wall?" Just admit you haven't heard any of his music.

I read your comment about that Nas song and I honestly don't know what to say to you. You might be the biggest retard I have ever heard of. At the end of the day it's just a fictional story? LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

GHB... I love you very much.

I think Rewind is AWESOME, but the fact that it's about HIM killing someone was probably the biggest turn off for me.

The best NAS song IMO is Undying Love. Check that out. It's another fictional story, but I really dig it.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Budden is the future. I suggest you look into getting some of his music

Whatever it Takes
10 Minutes
Calm Down
Haters

Also his new mixtape album Mood Muzik

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on the Joe Budden bandwagon since his NBA song came out. 10 Minutes is obviously incredible. But his last album had too many crap songs (Pump It Up and I forget the names of the others) and I just hope he can get over his inconsistency so that he can finally blow up.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been on the Joe Budden bandwagon since his NBA song came out. 10 Minutes is obviously incredible. But his last album had too many crap songs (Pump It Up and I forget the names of the others) and I just hope he can get over his inconsistency so that he can finally blow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an artcle about him in the last XXL issue. I forgot what he said about what it takes to be a successful rapper, but I remember when he said it I was like "damn, that's right on" he explained that he didn't have all those qualities when his first album came out, and how he's worked out the kinks for his new one. I personally liked the first one, and I'm sure the second one will be better.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A Tribe Called Quest is the greatest rap group of all time. no question.

If not tribe, give me Nas (Illmatic style)

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that Nas put out shi*ty album after [censored]*y album after Illmatic. You can't just give a guy credit for his one legendary album and ignore a decade of incoherent songs in which all he does is put together terrible self-aggrandizing nonsense with the occasional strained attempt at social commentary. Once Nas decided he was a prophet and that his music would be about him more than about the streets (with himself as the vehicle to talk about it) he sucked.
In the last decade, I think Nas has put out maybe 5 good songs. Also, I'll take Reasonable Doubt over Illmatic any day (but it's very close). And if you don't agree with that I'll take Reasonable Doubt and either the Blueprint or the Black Album over Illmatic and whatever piece-of-crap album you think is Nas' second-best
Old 01-05-2006, 11:37 AM

This thread is too solo-artist-centric. What about the Slum Villages, Little Brothers, and Danger Dooms of the world? Or do you just prefer listening to solo artists?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 AM

I would not consider DangerDoom a group at all. It is a MC and a DJ.

The other stuff you listed I only like at certain times. It can be to mellow for my liking most of the time.