Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: my ftp account got hacked

Sponger: "What if the person cashed out and there is nothing they can do?" The whole point is that he is sending support emails well before this person can get the money cashed out.

jc: "paused the pertinent account due to the nature of this case and the monies in question." You've done pretty much all you can do now. Now just gotta hope FT comes to the right decision for you.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think those hands show clear evidence of chip dumping. I hope you get your money back, but look at the hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"*** TURN *** [8d 4d 2s] [Qh]
prowings checks
jcmoussasux bets $10,100, and is all in
prowings calls $10,100
jcmoussasux shows [3d 5h]
prowings shows [4s 5c]"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so right, there's no clear evidence. Just STFU.

The other guy never played those stakes, and jc's account would have been logged in from another IP address.

If FTP is a legit operator, they HAVE TO return the funds, this is just totally blatant

To TiltMiner, you are awesome for stepping up with this info. <3
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 AM

Is this person playing at all on the account that was dumped to?

I suggest everyone colludes to get the money back in cash games.

Would that be ethical?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sponger: "What if the person cashed out and there is nothing they can do?" The whole point is that he is sending support emails well before this person can get the money cashed out.

jc: "paused the pertinent account due to the nature of this case and the monies in question." You've done pretty much all you can do now. Now just gotta hope FT comes to the right decision for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D:

which hands look like blatant chip dumping? I know it looks really fishy, but every hand, both players had something. I can't see FT taking the money from villan with just those hands. I strongly suspect that villan is on it, but not enough to take the guys money.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is that he is sending support emails well before this person can get the money cashed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and everyone is saying stuff well before anyone has any idea of what went on. He posts and a whopping 2 hours later people are freaking out like its all FTPs fault if they don't get his money back ASAP? Yeah they've been really slow with responding, but the chip dumping didn't happen 5 seconds ago, if the guy was smart JC would be out of the money for sure and everyone looks like they'd still want to the point the finger at FTP.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 AM

Those hands don't show obvious chip dumping. Have you guys look at the Jman vs Mustache HHs and how many times Mustache called down with A high and won?

I've been in games where players didn't know wtf they were doing and just went all-in randomly for many buy-ins. I don't mean to bring Bbuddy into this, but with him shoving all-in for 30 straight hands can he get his moneys back by claiming someone hack into his computer? Obviously Bbuddy wouldn't do such thing but if he did, would it be fair for the guy who was lucky to be there at the right time and was playing HU against Bbuddy during this moment of tilt? What about NewHizzle (sp?) and his Brandi incident? Can he make the same claim to Stars if Brandi somehow knows his password through creative use of human engineering and I was lucky enough to play against Brandi HUs and clear out NewHizzle's account? Again, NewHizzle probably wouldn't contact Stars but if he did, what am I supposed to do? I would be pissed as hell if I have to give the money back, considering Brandi could've ran hot and clear my account instead.

I remember a game back then when Grimmy, EM2, CTS and I were playing with this one guy on Party and he lost many many buy-ins, including one where he called CTS's shove pre-flop and CTS somehow (another proof CTS is the next ABA) won with 77 (no spade) on a board of like AsKsQsJs9. Would it be fair if Party emailed all of us and want our moneys?

Of course I know this sucks and everyone wants to find whoever that is responsible for this. But would it be fair for prowings if he didn't know any of this and saw whoever was on JC's account playing bad and proceed to follow him to whatever stakes JC's account was sitting in (I know this is why majority of people took shots. "I know this game is above my br but the reason I was in this game was because I was following a fish blah blah blah."). Like some of us, Prowings may have took a chance with whatever moneys he had and won it on the table. With the exception of concrete evidence (I don't think HHs count, especially HU where everyone goes beserk when they're on tilt), I don't think Full Tilt has the right to take prowings's winnings. I also don't want random emails from poker site asking me for moneys back in accounts that got hacked.

Nevertheless, gl JC and I hope this incident won't cause you to heart drugs even more.

Before I go, I also played against a bad player recently and I do not know what to do if Stars emailed me and said his account got hacked and they want moneys back. Luckily, I lost so I do not have to face with such a dilema.

POKERSTARS: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($10/$20) -
SB: posts small blind $10
Villain: posts big blind $20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ks Jd]
Player 1: folds
Hero: raises $60 to $80
Player 2: folds
Player 3has returned
SB: raises $180 to $260
Villain: calls $240
Hero: calls $180
*** FLOP *** [Jh 8d 5c]
SB: checks
Villain: checks
Hero: bets $400
SB: folds
Villain: calls $400
*** TURN *** [Jh 8d 5c] [8s]
Villain: bets $800
Hero: raises $484 to $1284 and is all-in
Villain: calls $484
*** RIVER *** [Jh 8d 5c 8s] [Qd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [Qc Kd] (two pair, Queens and Eights)
Hero: mucks hand
Villain collected $4146 from pot

POKERSTARS: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($10/$20) -
SB: posts small blind $10
BB: posts big blind $20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ah Qc]
Villain: raises $20 to $40
Player 2: calls $40
Hero: raises $180 to $220
Player 3: folds
Player 4: folds
Villain: raises $180 to $400
Hero: raises $1777 to $2177 and is all-in
Villain: calls $1777
*** FLOP *** [6h 7d 3c]
*** TURN *** [6h 7d 3c] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [6h 7d 3c Td] [Kd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [Ac Ts] (a pair of Tens)
Hero: mucks hand
Old 02-23-2007, 04:25 AM

this sucks jc, I hope it works out for you
Old 02-23-2007, 04:35 AM

SlowHabit: I would bet money that prowings was in on the chip dumping. The guy plays low limits for god sakes and he is making heroic calls vs a tough opponent?

My point is that he did a good job of chip dumping and there just isn't enough evidence (barring IP address matches) to justify seizing the money from his account. If you find out who he is jc, let me know and we can bust his knee caps togather (I'm actually serious).
Old 02-23-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is that he is sending support emails well before this person can get the money cashed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and everyone is saying stuff well before anyone has any idea of what went on. He posts and a whopping 2 hours later people are freaking out like its all FTPs fault if they don't get his money back ASAP? Yeah they've been really slow with responding, but the chip dumping didn't happen 5 seconds ago, if the guy was smart JC would be out of the money for sure and everyone looks like they'd still want to the point the finger at FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you help me understand how some1 could cashout 100k in 2 hours to the point where fulltilt could not reverse the transactions/transfers?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SlowHabit: I would bet money that prowings was in on the chip dumping. The guy plays low limits for god sakes and he is making heroic calls vs a tough opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a bad player's thought process. I have a pair. He is a tough player. He is able to bluff on this board with nothing. I will close my eyes and hope for the best.