Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I see no conspirators in this thread.

Most of us that have been here any length of time know you're in the publishing business. You mention it a lot, not that I find fault w/that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your making the "me" mistake. The majority of posters here have never read a thread before about this topic or publishing on 2+2. The majority of readers of this thread don't know I'm in publishing., And the majority of people reading this thread on not conspirators either, but they are out there, and they do exist, and they have influenced opinions more than you realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence why I said this: "Most of us that have been here any length of time know..." I guess I could modify to say, "have frequented this board for quite some time." Absolutely not the "me" mistake you assume, but perhaps semantics.

I know conspirators exist (we're all at least semi-intelligent here), but my point is that they're not in this thread. Your prior comments implied differently and came off a little insulting to posters who meant absolutely no harm.

I know you didn't intend it that way, so no biggie. I just don't see why loyal customers can't say that they have a problem with the way the books hold up without being made to feel as if they're stepping on Mason's toes.

And, as for the new book coming out, I think it looks great and am eager to test out this new binding Mason mentioned.

The absolute worst bound book I own is SSII (as I mentioned earlier).

But for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't scratch WTO or *ick* this stupid Ken Warren book that I bought when I had no idea 2+2 existed.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ken Warren book that I bought

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh Dude,

I rather be labeled a conspirator. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh Dude,

I rather be labeled a conspirator. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are some things you should never admit to.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your paper is obviously high quality - it is thick.

The rigidity of the 2+2 spine due to the thickness of the paper is the problem IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to highlight passages as I read so I can find them again later. The heavier 2+2 paper stock lets the words stay highlighted forever. I've noticed highlights in my poker books on cheaper stock fade quickly.
I like the heavier stock, but that's just a personal preference.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 PM

Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games should be available on April 1.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 03-16-2007, 11:01 PM

I dont care if this book is printed on toilet paper, as long as the content lives up to my expectations. Ive been waiting for a book like this for some time. Can anyone in 2+2 give a brief review of this book if possible?

cheers
Old 03-16-2007, 11:01 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh Dude,

I rather be labeled a conspirator.

Yeah, there are some things you should never admit to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken Warren teaches Holdem was my second poker book. Super system was first because on TV they said it was the bible. I choose Ken Warren Teaches Holdem as my second book because I was standing there in the bookstore, clueless and it was bigger and less expensive than the others. I had no information on which to make a buying decision so I went with size and price. My third poker book was Lee Jone's Winning low limit holdem and my third poker book was Gary Carson's (I forget the exact title Complete book of holdem or something like that.) I bought it because a lawyer that used to play at Caesar's told me it was good. (Never trust a lawyer.)

The first step in correcting a mistake is to admit that you made it.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:08 AM

I think those of us that bought Ken Warren's book first appreciate 2+2 the most. I just knew that limping with KK in case an ace flopped didn't sound right. I've bought and read basically every 2+2 book and read them as many as 5 times and never had one problem with binding. Mine have all held up great.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I own like all the 2+2 poker related books and I think a page or two fell out of my SSHE and that's it. I don't really care if the cover is ugly and I don't really care if I have to kill the spine to keep it open. It's a book, not a priceless painting, and I want to read it, not look at it in all its glory. I would happily pay $20 each time I read HEPFAP or TOP again, I couldn't care less what it looks like. If anything, I prefer it look bad to other people, they won't buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]
and i have 2 more pages of this crap to read
Old 03-17-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I own like all the 2+2 poker related books and I think a page or two fell out of my SSHE and that's it. I don't really care if the cover is ugly and I don't really care if I have to kill the spine to keep it open. It's a book, not a priceless painting, and I want to read it, not look at it in all its glory. I would happily pay $20 each time I read HEPFAP or TOP again, I couldn't care less what it looks like. If anything, I prefer it look bad to other people, they won't buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]
and i have 2 more pages of this crap to read

[/ QUOTE ]

Gun to your head or something? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

For some reason, I can't leave this thread either.