Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

god someone ban jackhigh already
Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 PM

people like jackhigh and mr.jr are reasons why pros don't come around here.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares about the Rasta Man gig... what about the REEFER? Daniel, you are a role model to all in the poker community. Thousands of 14, 15, 16 year old internet gamblers think you are the shitz man. With this video, you are basically saying it is ok to roll your elderly mother some REEFER while drinking a few Coronas.

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!! What's next... a video of you dressin up like an eskimo and snortin a little coke off an LV hooker's smelly ass with your decrepid Grandpapa!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't see the video for some reason, and haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to reply to this obvious bias against smoking "reefer". Just because current American law dictates marijuana as illegal and "evil" it hardly reflects on DN as a bad role model. American laws against the legalization of pot are completely unjustifiable and exist because of the need for the CIA and DEA to make money off its illegal classification, and so the pharmaceutical industry can continue to offer far more expensive and "medically approved" drugs to the consumer. Secondly, DN is Canadien; therefore, cognizant of the idiocracy and hypocrisy of American marijuana law.
Finally, it's absolutely ridiculous to refer to marijuana as a "gateway drug". Your analogy is completely off base and clearly an emotionally-driven brainwashed response.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. hey joe rogan. please kick dn's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if Joe coined Carlos Menstealia, I wonder what he might say about Daniel Negreanu....

Definitely not a shining moment for DN.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:07 PM

Guys,

Instead of posting "plz ban" posts that I won't see until I read the thread, use your notify mod button.

I'm sure Dan didn't intent to be offensive, but that doesn't really change the fact that it is. Maybe not amazingly so, but it's not a wise move for somebody who appears to be concerned (or at least should be given that it's worth some $$$) with his public image.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM

It seems like more and more white people are offended by the blog. I was going to do a gay character in the future, but I think I'll have to scrap it so that I don't offend too many straight people...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:10 PM

I don't think that anyone is thinking that Daniel is a racist.
The problem is that he obviously does not understand why people will find such a "performance" offensive.
My reaction is not:"Oh my God, DN is such a hateful guy, I did not know he was a member of the Klan!"but "Daniel Negreanu needs to study american history.
ANd by the way, he needs to stop with his impressions. It's funny beetween friends, but he is certainly not good enough to do it for a bigger audience.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Instead of posting "plz ban" posts that I won't see until I read the thread, use your notify mod button.

I'm sure Dan didn't intent to be offensive, but that doesn't really change the fact that it is. Maybe not amazingly so, but it's not a wise move for somebody who appears to be concerned (or at least should be given that it's worth some $$$) with his public image.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you feel this way about Dan Akroyd? how about Gene Wilder? jeez people.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like more and more white people are offended by the blog. I was going to do a gay character in the future, but I think I'll have to scrap it so that I don't offend too many straight people...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a poker forum that's like vastly white (or vastly white and Asian). When your target audience is mostly white folk, it's mostly white folks who will be offended.